Skadden Arps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skadden Arps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2018

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden Arps.

Interview

Applied online with resume and cover letter and received a phone call from an HR person a few weeks later. I was expecting the call to be a brief introduction to schedule a phone interview/screening, but it turned out to actually be the phone interview screening, so I was a bit surprised and unprepared, especially because I had applied to the job over a month prior. The screener didn't ask me anything about my resume or cover letter; she jumped right into situational and skill-related questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you handle it.
      Describe a time at work when you had to abandon an independent project to do something else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with an HR employee who asked me about my resume and if I had any questions about the position of company. I then met with two people who were in charge of the paralegals and they just asked me about myself. What kind of person I was. Why I wanted to work at Skadden. If I would be willingly to work the long hours. After the interview they did take a long time to get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was arranged via a recruiter. The recruiter sent my resume, a writing sample, and all of my undergraduate transcripts (even though I hade been out of school for 10 years!). The initial interview was with an HR person and then a separate sit down with a very senior paralegal who tracked workflow for a particular case. They have a unique case assignment/management system for paras. I would have had a second interview with the team of attorneys, but I declined after my initial interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview wasn't difficult. However both of my interviewers separately asked me the exact same questions that gave me pause:
      -How do you deal with stress?
      -How would you handle being consistently asked to worked overtime without any notice at the end of the day?
      I've worked in litigation for years and obviously skadden's reputation as a sweatshop precedes it but It was just the way that these questions were asked and by two separate interviewers. I got the feeling that this wasn't the place for me. Didn't seem to be much regard for paras. When they gave my recruiter a call regarding the second interview. I kindly declined.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call for an onsite interview. Met with 4 employees in a 3 hour interview. The interview process was smooth and the interviewers were very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with a total of four people during a two hour span, including the HR manager and the paralegal manager and was asked a lot of standard textbook interview questions (i.e. strengths, weaknesses, previous manager you didn't get along with, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc...) The atmosphere seemed very snotty and one of the legal assistants I met with was just downright unwelcoming. It gave the instant impression that it would be a stuffy, unfriendly environment to work in. It also didn't help that the paralegals sat in offices in pairs with absolutely no windows or any contact with the outside world for ten hours a day. Overall very unimpressed. Oh, and they also run every kind of check you can imagine which I found to be a little intrusive. Criminal background check I can understand, but credit and driving history seem a little ridiculous to me for a paralegal position. Overall, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a specific question, but they certainly try to put you on the spot as much as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

My agency setup an interview with Skadden. My resume was sent over and an interview was scheduled for the next day. I interviewed with the HR Manager and the paralegal supervisor. Both individuals were very friendly and outgoing. The interviews tended to be more discussion-based regarding the position, the firm, and my experience. A few basic questions were asked regarding: my ideal work environment, my openness to overtime and travel, my strengths and weaknesses.

During the interview, I could sense that Skadden wasn't a good fit for me and I believe they could too. We are from to different cultures. I'm prefer a more casual work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

People were very friendly and nice! I was given a lot of detail about the position--a lot of overtime is required, including weekends. First I met with a panel of 2 people, and then I met alone with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone screen interview. It was pretty standard. I got an invitation for an onsite interview about a week later. I met with a total of 4 people (1 HR and 3 paralegals). Got a decision about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your work? If you have multiple deadlines to meet, how do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I had f interviews in one day with partners from different groups. I also had a preliminary conversation with an HR manager

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (Washington, DC) in March 2007.

Interview

I was first called by the director of recruiting and was asked for available dates to meet with partners. The day of the interview I was given a list of people that I would meet. I met 5 partners- including 2 of the head of the department. I received an offer towards the middle of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging experience   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work at private practice   1 Answer

Negotiation