Skadden Arps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2017

2.7

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very positive experience. The managers were very familiar and integrated with the firm. Fairly seamless and thoughtful. HR was all incredibly helpful and looked to have all the enrollment process be as easy as possible.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skadden Arps.

Interview

The interviewers were on campus for OCI. They had no interview slotted before me, but still managed to be late to my interview. Due to the glass window into the interview room, I was able to see that it was because they were playing with their phones. Additionally, the male interviewer implied they don't have more female partners for obvious reasons. I will not be accepting a position with them if they do extend an offer.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Skadden Arps.

Interview

Most disorganized interview I've ever had, interviewers were very terse and standoffish, showed up 15 min late, not too many questions asked, mostly listened to them rant on about how great the company is for hours and then suggested they are looking at other people at the end - what I felt then was a complete waste of my time. Ended up getting an offer but declining then I just got an email today after three months stating that they are not extending an offer - just another sign of their lack of organization.

Citrix Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview - Very friendly and professional gentleman. I was contacted by a recruiter and after a little less than a week I spoke to the hiring manager on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on January 10th at a NYC college career fair where companies were also holding interviews that same day. My interviewer was a Legal Assistant supervisor. She basically went through my resume and asked about my experiences.

Technology Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Skadden Arps in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email to come in for an interview. Meet with HR, the supervisor and his manager. Nice people. The supervisor was ok. His manager talked a lot and took me on a tour which I never like.

Interview Questions

• Basic IT questions. If you have experience you should be fine.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with the head of the whole office who tells you about the history of the company in Boston as well as the head of the paralegals. The questions are fairly standard, including how do you handle long hours, stress, etc, essentially they are looking for someone who is willing to put in the work and handle the environment of a large law firm.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Just standard law firm interview callbacks. You will talk about your resumes, and make communications with the interviewers. Generally very laid-back. Just be a sociable person, know your resume and you will be fine.

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Awesome interview process. They ask hard questions because they really want to make sure you are the right fit for them. There is a lot of tedious, monotonous work involved in the position and they will most likely as you how you feel about that. Overall, it was a great learning experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden Arps (Syracuse, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Submitted my resume and cover letter and three weeks later HR contacted via email to schedule an on-site interview. Since I was away in college at that time and it was impossible for me to fly to New York City for a day and then come back to go to class, I regretfully told them I wouldn't be able to move forward. However, they then made an exception to perform a Skype interview with me.

Skype Interview was painless. Representative was pleasant and asked me straight forward questions and seemed eager to get to know me more. Only wished there was more of a concrete answer to my questions regarding the internship itself. I didn't like how you were only assigned a specific department to work for after you commit. Also, the only law-related question was "why do you want to work here?" Clearly they're trying to recruit people who's not only doing it for the resume boost.

At the end of the interview which lasted less than 20 minutes, I was verbally offered the position and given a week to decide which I (once again) regretably turn down since I had a different offer more in line with what I'm doing at school.