Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Associate

Create your profile to get personalized information

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I had f interviews in one day with partners from different groups. I also had a preliminary conversation with an HR manager

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Washington, DC) in March 2007.

Interview

I was first called by the director of recruiting and was asked for available dates to meet with partners. The day of the interview I was given a list of people that I would meet. I met 5 partners- including 2 of the head of the department. I received an offer towards the middle of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging experience   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work at private practice   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

A successful law firm interview that results in a job has everything to do with your personality and ability to be smart, quick, unfazed, personable, and patient.
    Of course your degree and experience are crucial, but the firm wouldn't have given you a shot at an interview if those didn't match its standards, so this meeting is all about being one step ahead of the game.

You must be well mannered and well dressed.
    Make your resume stand out from the crowd
    Win them over with your writing samples
    Know -- and promote -- your strengths

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

20 minute on-campus interview
    1/2 day callback in the office, with 4-6 half-hour interviews with mid-level associates to partners, then lunch with junior associates

Interview Questions

• Softball questions: why law? why here?
      Almost no questions in the format of "tell a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in May 2018.

Interview

It was an online interview. A connection test was required. After connected, the interviewer came and started asking questions. The interview went according to the order of the items that appeared on the resume. It lasted about 20 minutes. The interview was intense.

Interview Questions

• What was the previous experience like during the last internship? What is your plan after graduation? What was one of the contracts that you drafted about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

First round interviews on campus then call backs. Travel from office to office meeting with associates and partners. Usually a meal component, either lunch or dinner. Ok to drink at dinner.

Associate Interview

Interview

Casual conversation with the partner. Talked about outside interests. Why law/law school. Favorite classes. What area of law do I want to work in. Which office would you prefer Los Angeles or New York City.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that makes you stand out from the rest?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Met six partners in the practice group for thirty minutes each. Once an offer was made, met with additional associates in the group for drinks on a casual basis to discuss culture and other open questions.

Interview Questions

• Why the lateral move to another big law firm, and what am I looking for in my career and in the next firm/job that I take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Just standard law firm interview callbacks. You will talk about your resumes, and make communications with the interviewers. Generally very laid-back. Just be a sociable person, know your resume and you will be fine.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in June 2008.

Interview

OCI followed by a callback in which you meet two associates and 2 partners. they are all fit interviews and resumes generally speak for your qualifications themselves. be prepared with questions and talking points. the people are generally just trying to get a fel for your personaility, and as someone who has now given interviews, the lawyers are generally looking to see if you are the type of person they wouldnt mind spending long hours with, can be social, and can communicate well with clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO, there is no ability to negotiate. the whole process is very standardized.