Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Interview Questions

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

A successful law firm interview that results in a job has everything to do with your personality and ability to be smart, quick, unfazed, personable, and patient.
    Of course your degree and experience are crucial, but the firm wouldn't have given you a shot at an interview if those didn't match its standards, so this meeting is all about being one step ahead of the game.

You must be well mannered and well dressed.
    Make your resume stand out from the crowd
    Win them over with your writing samples
    Know -- and promote -- your strengths

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

20 minute on-campus interview
    1/2 day callback in the office, with 4-6 half-hour interviews with mid-level associates to partners, then lunch with junior associates

Interview Questions

• Softball questions: why law? why here?
      Almost no questions in the format of "tell a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in May 2018.

Interview

It was an online interview. A connection test was required. After connected, the interviewer came and started asking questions. The interview went according to the order of the items that appeared on the resume. It lasted about 20 minutes. The interview was intense.

Interview Questions

• What was the previous experience like during the last internship? What is your plan after graduation? What was one of the contracts that you drafted about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

First round interviews on campus then call backs. Travel from office to office meeting with associates and partners. Usually a meal component, either lunch or dinner. Ok to drink at dinner.

Associate Interview

Interview

Casual conversation with the partner. Talked about outside interests. Why law/law school. Favorite classes. What area of law do I want to work in. Which office would you prefer Los Angeles or New York City.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that makes you stand out from the rest?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Met six partners in the practice group for thirty minutes each. Once an offer was made, met with additional associates in the group for drinks on a casual basis to discuss culture and other open questions.

Interview Questions

• Why the lateral move to another big law firm, and what am I looking for in my career and in the next firm/job that I take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Just standard law firm interview callbacks. You will talk about your resumes, and make communications with the interviewers. Generally very laid-back. Just be a sociable person, know your resume and you will be fine.

Attorney, 1st-Year Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

obtained an interview via law school interview program. the staff was welcoming but the offices were extremely intimidating. the interview itself was quite brief - i met with two lawyers independently - and it felt more pro forma than a serious interview. i specifically met for about 30 minutes each with 2 senior attorneys, both of whom seemed to be going through the motions and not terribly engaged in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• the questions were not difficult; rather, they questioned why i was looking in boston (i am from the midwest) and whether i would truly be willing to stay in the city post-graduation from law school.   Answer Question

Attorney, 4th-Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

One interview with two partners. It was great -- fast, honest, aggressive. I knew exactly what I was being offered, and there was no bs. My recruiter had an offer for me before I got back to my office at my previous firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Somewhat protracted. I wanted to talk to department members in other offices, employees I chose in DC. There was a brief, unsuccessful suggestion that I take a step backwards in class. Money was never an issue.

Software Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Called for an onsight, first interview with with HR, second interview was with the senior developer and the hiring manager.

The experience on sight was good, but due to the experience after the interview waiting for feedback (that never got delivered) I would rate it negatively.

Didn't hear anything for 2-3 weeks so assume rejection. I think its a bit disgraceful for a company to bring someone onsight for 3+ hours and then not even have the decency to send a standard rejection email, but that's just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• General HR Behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • Simple CS questions, made some adjustments so the standard answers would need to be expanded on to work.   Answer Question