Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY).

Interview

Most interns know someone within the company. So if you can network or find a family friend your an automatic in. The interview is quick and painless. Very friendly interviewer, the only problem you'll have is finding the building.

Interview Questions

• What department would you prefer to work in? How has your work/academic experience shaped you?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Syracuse, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral. Submitted my resume and cover letter and three weeks later HR contacted via email to schedule an on-site interview. Since I was away in college at that time and it was impossible for me to fly to New York City for a day and then come back to go to class, I regretfully told them I wouldn't be able to move forward. However, they then made an exception to perform a Skype interview with me.

Skype Interview was painless. Representative was pleasant and asked me straight forward questions and seemed eager to get to know me more. Only wished there was more of a concrete answer to my questions regarding the internship itself. I didn't like how you were only assigned a specific department to work for after you commit. Also, the only law-related question was "why do you want to work here?" Clearly they're trying to recruit people who's not only doing it for the resume boost.

At the end of the interview which lasted less than 20 minutes, I was verbally offered the position and given a week to decide which I (once again) regretably turn down since I had a different offer more in line with what I'm doing at school.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

It was an In person interview with 3 people. HR manager, office administrator, and IT trainer and IT director. I met with 3 people on one date and then the others on the other date. They all asked me similar questions and it was a cool process.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very positive experience. The managers were very familiar and integrated with the firm. Fairly seamless and thoughtful. HR was all incredibly helpful and looked to have all the enrollment process be as easy as possible.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a comprehensive interview process. I met with several attorneys for 30 minutes each, mostly in my practice area but a couple outside of my practice area, then went to lunch with a few attorneys closer to my level. Overall, I was made to feel comfortable, but there were challenging questions. It took several days for me to hear back as to whether I was receiving an offer but once an offer was made and I accepted, everything was smooth.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Pretty standard and not overly difficult. I applied online, received an email around 3-4 weeks later asking to schedule a phone screening, and was then invited in for an in-person interview immediately after the phone call. Interview lasted around two hours with three different rounds of people - almost all questions were behavioral.

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with the head of the whole office who tells you about the history of the company in Boston as well as the head of the paralegals. The questions are fairly standard, including how do you handle long hours, stress, etc, essentially they are looking for someone who is willing to put in the work and handle the environment of a large law firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on January 10th at a NYC college career fair where companies were also holding interviews that same day. My interviewer was a Legal Assistant supervisor. She basically went through my resume and asked about my experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Friendly and relaxed considering the kind of firm Skadden is. Met with two Legal Assistants. They asked basic questions regarding my resume, past experience in law, and education. They asked a fair bit about why I wanted pursue this specific career and why I wanted to interview at Skadden.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

The interview process was relatively basic with a phone interview and then a call back to interview at the company onsite. At the onsite interview I met with four different individuals from the human resources department. Most of the questions were basic background on my work experience, work ethic, life goals and situational questions. They are very honest about the long hours (70-80 hours weeks) that you will put in.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions put you on the spot in how you would deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question