Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Interview Questions

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.7

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied through my college. Received an on-campus interview request a couple of weeks later. Interviewed with three employees including a current legal assistant. 30 minute interview with basic fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through my university job board. I interviewed on campus and then at their NYC location several weeks later. Both interviews were very similar; they asked behavioral questions and stuck to my resume. The process was very straightforward and there was nothing unexpected. They did emphasize that a lot of work is expected in this position and overtime is common.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

short interview, explained the function of a legal assistant, conversational, They wanted to learn why I was interested and about the law school process for me up to that point in time in college.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

Brief phone interview over two months prior to the onsite interview, consisting of meeting with several current employees. They asked standard questions (resume, interests, strengths, etc.) but there was no written test component

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

incredibly friendly, meet with 5-6 different people over the course of 2-3 hours. They asked mainly basic questions concerning my resume and then also went in-depth explaining their process and asked a few specific questions about how to deal with issues

Interview Questions

• If it’s friday at 6 PM or so and you find out you made a mistake on something you submitted to an attorney, what would you do   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

I applied to a legal assistant position on their website. About a month later, I received an email from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. In their initial email, they are extremely upfront that this position demands overtime consistently.

That is the nature of the business and everyone at Skadden Arps are highly motivated and hard working. They have a reputation for being a "sweatshop," however I didn't get that impression at all. You need to put in the hours to be a leading international law firm. They are very supportive of one another and understanding of life situations. There is also very low turnover at their D.C. office.

The initial interview asked about my interest in Skadden, why I wanted the position, and basic questions on my background and experience. Afterward, I was invited to interview at their office. I spoke with two managers individually. There was some overlap with the questions. Essentially they wanted me to recall times I worked on a team or had to deal with a difficult situation. It was basic behavioral and situational questions that wanted to gauge whether I would be able to handle the workload and culture. Once again, they reiterated that the position would require overtime.

I was very impressed by Skadden and thoroughly enjoyed my interviews. They also offered to connect me with a current legal assistant to ask questions. This was extremely helpful and a great opportunity.

Skadden's offer was competitive for the position with seemingly endless opportunity to make more money through overtime. I would have immediately accepted their offer had I not received an offer for a position in a different industry that paid significantly better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up a phone screening interview. After that, I went in to the office for an onsite interview. The interview went on for a little over 2 hours with 4 different people. They asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a friend so I was able to skip the phone screen and cover letter (which I assume is part of the process based on other reviews provided by Glassdoor). That said, I first met with the Senior HR Specialist and then the head of the Legal Assistant Department for two separate interviews, both of which lasted 20 minutes. They had me meet with my contact after who was another legal assistant. She showed me around, answered my questions, and showed me out. Prior to this, we had to fill out an application form detailing references and past employment history. It took a while--I probably spent too much time detailing my accomplishments. I should have prepared more to answer these questions concisely. They seemed friendly and encouraging so that was easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team?
      Asked about my specific resume accomplishments (I went abroad to China, they asked if I spoke Chinese)?
      Are you willing to put in long hours?
      How well do you work in groups/team? Under high stress?
      Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for Skadden?
      Explain your past legal experience to us.
      Very typical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a first round phone interview and an afternoon of in-person interviews. Most questions were straightforward and general (work experience, educational background, why interested in Skadden, etc.). Everyone that I interacted with was friendly and professional. I received a call back within a week from my interview.

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Awesome interview process. They ask hard questions because they really want to make sure you are the right fit for them. There is a lot of tedious, monotonous work involved in the position and they will most likely as you how you feel about that. Overall, it was a great learning experience.