Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.6

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with the head of the whole office who tells you about the history of the company in Boston as well as the head of the paralegals. The questions are fairly standard, including how do you handle long hours, stress, etc, essentially they are looking for someone who is willing to put in the work and handle the environment of a large law firm.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on January 10th at a NYC college career fair where companies were also holding interviews that same day. My interviewer was a Legal Assistant supervisor. She basically went through my resume and asked about my experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Friendly and relaxed considering the kind of firm Skadden is. Met with two Legal Assistants. They asked basic questions regarding my resume, past experience in law, and education. They asked a fair bit about why I wanted pursue this specific career and why I wanted to interview at Skadden.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

At least two rounds of interviews, one with the legal assistant supervisor and manager, one with an HR person. Depending on language skills, may require candidate to take language proficiency test. The questions in the interview were very standard and may require some research on the firm.

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied through my college. Received an on-campus interview request a couple of weeks later. Interviewed with three employees including a current legal assistant. 30 minute interview with basic fit questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through my university job board. I interviewed on campus and then at their NYC location several weeks later. Both interviews were very similar; they asked behavioral questions and stuck to my resume. The process was very straightforward and there was nothing unexpected. They did emphasize that a lot of work is expected in this position and overtime is common.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

short interview, explained the function of a legal assistant, conversational, They wanted to learn why I was interested and about the law school process for me up to that point in time in college.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

Brief phone interview over two months prior to the onsite interview, consisting of meeting with several current employees. They asked standard questions (resume, interests, strengths, etc.) but there was no written test component

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

incredibly friendly, meet with 5-6 different people over the course of 2-3 hours. They asked mainly basic questions concerning my resume and then also went in-depth explaining their process and asked a few specific questions about how to deal with issues

Interview Questions

• If it’s friday at 6 PM or so and you find out you made a mistake on something you submitted to an attorney, what would you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up a phone screening interview. After that, I went in to the office for an onsite interview. The interview went on for a little over 2 hours with 4 different people. They asked a lot of behavioral questions.