Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.6

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with the head of the whole office who tells you about the history of the company in Boston as well as the head of the paralegals. The questions are fairly standard, including how do you handle long hours, stress, etc, essentially they are looking for someone who is willing to put in the work and handle the environment of a large law firm.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on January 10th at a NYC college career fair where companies were also holding interviews that same day. My interviewer was a Legal Assistant supervisor. She basically went through my resume and asked about my experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Friendly and relaxed considering the kind of firm Skadden is. Met with two Legal Assistants. They asked basic questions regarding my resume, past experience in law, and education. They asked a fair bit about why I wanted pursue this specific career and why I wanted to interview at Skadden.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

The interview process was relatively basic with a phone interview and then a call back to interview at the company onsite. At the onsite interview I met with four different individuals from the human resources department. Most of the questions were basic background on my work experience, work ethic, life goals and situational questions. They are very honest about the long hours (70-80 hours weeks) that you will put in.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions put you on the spot in how you would deal with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and then was called in to go interview in their offices. I spoke with the hiring coordinator the legal assistant program, then with a former legal assistant (she had been promoted to another position), and finally with the coordinators of the legal assistant program.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard--why do you want to be a legal assistant, why skaaden, why law, etc.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back to meet with a HR Rep and the Legal Assistant Managers.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, the interviewers did most of the talking and I chimed in with examples that I thought best showed my attributes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as its a standard pay across the market.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY).

Interview

Submit an application with a resume and strong cover letter. Be sure that there are no grammatical errors or typos. For the interview, make sure you are familiar with the responsibilites and expectations of a legal assistant at a big-law firm. You must be williing to work overtime. Must.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were the basic, tell me about yourself, biggest challenge and how you overcame it, etc. Be sure to express maturity, ability to problem solve, multitask, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a friend so I was able to skip the phone screen and cover letter (which I assume is part of the process based on other reviews provided by Glassdoor). That said, I first met with the Senior HR Specialist and then the head of the Legal Assistant Department for two separate interviews, both of which lasted 20 minutes. They had me meet with my contact after who was another legal assistant. She showed me around, answered my questions, and showed me out. Prior to this, we had to fill out an application form detailing references and past employment history. It took a while--I probably spent too much time detailing my accomplishments. I should have prepared more to answer these questions concisely. They seemed friendly and encouraging so that was easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team?
      Asked about my specific resume accomplishments (I went abroad to China, they asked if I spoke Chinese)?
      Are you willing to put in long hours?
      How well do you work in groups/team? Under high stress?
      Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for Skadden?
      Explain your past legal experience to us.
      Very typical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up a phone screening interview. After that, I went in to the office for an onsite interview. The interview went on for a little over 2 hours with 4 different people. They asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant interview process and I was treated with a lot of respect. Overall it was much less stressful than my other interviews. I definitely enjoyed meeting the interviewers and getting to know more about the firm.