Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom Legal Practice Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Legal Practice Assistant

Interviews at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

2.0

Legal Practice Assistant Interview

Interview

Very basic behavioral interview via on-campus recruiting with a hiring manager and a current legal assistant. Not difficult; the interview was more geared towards making sure there was a good fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Over an hour during which I interviewed with four female employees in groups of two. It was conversational with very little to do with the skills necessary for the position. The opportunity to interview with Skadden was 10 years in the making. It is a company I have admired ever since I was completing my undergraduate studies. I am not disappointed by not having been selected, but it did leave much to be desired that their word to let me know of their decision (whether favorable or not) was not kept. A follow-up communication to reiterate my interest in working at Skadden apparently did not merit consideration reciprocity.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Legal Practice Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.

Interview

20 minutes phone interview, mostly behavioral questions along with questions about my ideal work environment and how I felt about long hours. She also asked about why I wanted to be a paralegal and why I wanted to work at Skadden specifically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in teams and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my application, heard back within a week. I applied for the position that included an explicit language requirement but it appeared that the hiring process was no different for the position I applied for than it would have been for a normal Legal Practice Assistant. The language requirement was a little misleading as I had prepared to focus on my translation chops. In any case, I met first with the HR rep, who seemed a bit distracted but was overall nice. That interview involved general questions about my work experience, etc. Next, I met with the manager of the Legal Assistant team. The interviewer started by asking many personal questions, which put me at ease but also was a bit hard to manage. Then, we moved to more practical questions. I thought the interview went pretty well, but I didn't get an offer: perhaps I didn't answer the interview question regarding my connection to the firm properly....

Interview Questions

• Do you have a connection to the firm?   1 Answer