Skanska USA Building Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skanska USA Building Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

First round interview on campus, second round interview in their office. Was very easy, simply walked through my resume with an HR rep and higher up person. Felt very comfortable, did not really ask any structured questions. A lot of time could be left up to open conversation.

Interview Questions

• why construction, why skanska, big project or little project, would you want field or office position   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Lewisburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

They ask questions about your resume. Like explain how you got this skill or the place you study at. Overall, it was quite pleasing to talk. The talk lasted about 15-20 minutes and they answered my questions as well

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an uncooperative group member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I interned with Skanska so my transition from an intern and PE role didn't really have an interview. My internship interview was through a panel. The panel was very welcoming and was really just trying to get the feel of your personality and thought process.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Two interviews consisting of corporate interview and onsite interview. Both interviews were fairly easy and the second interview was only necessary to choose between two candidates. Process was quick and went smoothly.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked if I could get to the job site easily. Then I was asked if I knew how to use excel. Finally I was asked if I knew how to use vLookup in excel. Seceral hours later I was caleld and asked to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know how to use vLookup?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Getting your resume in front of the right people is always the first step. I had a good phone interview follow up for about 1-hr. This was successful and followed by an in-person interview for a little over an hour. Then, I waited patiently and was offered a job within two months. Placing is always important and can be tricky in this industry, so I understand that to be why I waited for a while. Also, they are devoted to proper placement of current employees which I think is a strength of the company, but may make it harder to break into a specific office or job that you want from the outside.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience is big. The are curious about competitors too which was interesting. A mix of typical questions you should expect and some original ones too. Be ready to answer openly and honestly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes you can negotiate. You can always negotiate, you may just be unsuccessful. In my case I was pretty happy with what I was offered so I choose not to push it.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Very straightforward. First i had a phone interview with HR then an in person with HR. HR asked a very standard slew of interview questions (what are your relevant experiences why this role what salary are you looking for etc). A week later i met with management on a project site. Again they asked me what experience i had and wanted to get a sense of whether you will be a team player and are a leader.

Field Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I started out with this process by a walk in. I continued to check by the jobsite and was very persistent. when I finally got an interview, the process was very quick. I went in for a one on one interview, got an offer and started work. They were very positive and very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• how do I rate safety as an important part of production   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

The interview process was a "typical" tell me about yourself process. They asked questions about certain technology that they use on a daily basis, to ensure that I am able to function with it. The questions threw me off a little when they asked about what books I have read in the last year and why I read them. Very good and very different process to everything. I believe the reason that it was asked it to make sure that my personality will click with the teams. Overall on a scale of 1-10 for the interview I would put it at a 6.8 /7.

Interview Questions

• As I stated above, I would say that the unexpected question would have been the "What Book have you read in the last year and why".

Very different.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Their pay is set.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

I contacted them through a University career fair. I spoke with a rep there for a good bit and talked about a various number of things, not really construction in particular.
    They ended up contacting me before I had a chance to follow up with them about a week later.
    They scheduled a phone interview, then I waited about a month due to other college recruiting that they were doing. I was then contacted and schedule for an interview in their local office with the HR Director and VP.
    The interviews were very relaxed, laid back, informative, and really had the feel of a smaller company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major?   1 Answer