Skanska USA Building Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.4

Class of New Grad 2018 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The HR representative was very nice and pleasant. Unfortunately, the job description was unclear as it didn't say the functions, location or time frame.
    The interview was a little more than 30 mins and he asked me 10 questions. My interview was okay since it was my first interview and I was very nervous. The questions were basic behavioral and nothing technical.
    I interviewed sometime end of September and they got back to me on December. It was a little ridiculous how they had to wait more than 2 months to respond back to a phone interview. I had multiple email exchange with the HR, but he kept saying they would get back in two weeks and never did.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      why do you want to work for us?
      why do you want to work for a construction company?
      asked questions about my resumes
      school projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

The application was online on the company's website. A human resources employee contacted me to set up a phone interview. The same person conducted the interview which was not very technical.

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Very laid back process. Standard meeting with HR and position higher ups. Applied online and called in for interview. Received my offer letter shortly after. Smooth transition and HR was very heplful and efficient.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

First round interview on campus, second round interview in their office. Was very easy, simply walked through my resume with an HR rep and higher up person. Felt very comfortable, did not really ask any structured questions. A lot of time could be left up to open conversation.

Interview Questions

• why construction, why skanska, big project or little project, would you want field or office position   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Lewisburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

They ask questions about your resume. Like explain how you got this skill or the place you study at. Overall, it was quite pleasing to talk. The talk lasted about 15-20 minutes and they answered my questions as well

Estimating Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Not overwhelming. The HR individual I worked with was very personable - easy to speak with. Not a standard interview. The questions made the answers very natural - as opposed to standard and awkward.

Interview Questions

• What sector do you prefer? How did you hear about us? Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I interned with Skanska so my transition from an intern and PE role didn't really have an interview. My internship interview was through a panel. The panel was very welcoming and was really just trying to get the feel of your personality and thought process.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Two interviews consisting of corporate interview and onsite interview. Both interviews were fairly easy and the second interview was only necessary to choose between two candidates. Process was quick and went smoothly.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked if I could get to the job site easily. Then I was asked if I knew how to use excel. Finally I was asked if I knew how to use vLookup in excel. Seceral hours later I was caleld and asked to start the next day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know how to use vLookup?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Getting your resume in front of the right people is always the first step. I had a good phone interview follow up for about 1-hr. This was successful and followed by an in-person interview for a little over an hour. Then, I waited patiently and was offered a job within two months. Placing is always important and can be tricky in this industry, so I understand that to be why I waited for a while. Also, they are devoted to proper placement of current employees which I think is a strength of the company, but may make it harder to break into a specific office or job that you want from the outside.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience is big. The are curious about competitors too which was interesting. A mix of typical questions you should expect and some original ones too. Be ready to answer openly and honestly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes you can negotiate. You can always negotiate, you may just be unsuccessful. In my case I was pretty happy with what I was offered so I choose not to push it.