Skanska USA Building Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skanska USA Building Project Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I interned with Skanska so my transition from an intern and PE role didn't really have an interview. My internship interview was through a panel. The panel was very welcoming and was really just trying to get the feel of your personality and thought process.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Skanska USA Building

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Getting your resume in front of the right people is always the first step. I had a good phone interview follow up for about 1-hr. This was successful and followed by an in-person interview for a little over an hour. Then, I waited patiently and was offered a job within two months. Placing is always important and can be tricky in this industry, so I understand that to be why I waited for a while. Also, they are devoted to proper placement of current employees which I think is a strength of the company, but may make it harder to break into a specific office or job that you want from the outside.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience is big. The are curious about competitors too which was interesting. A mix of typical questions you should expect and some original ones too. Be ready to answer openly and honestly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes you can negotiate. You can always negotiate, you may just be unsuccessful. In my case I was pretty happy with what I was offered so I choose not to push it.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Very straightforward. First i had a phone interview with HR then an in person with HR. HR asked a very standard slew of interview questions (what are your relevant experiences why this role what salary are you looking for etc). A week later i met with management on a project site. Again they asked me what experience i had and wanted to get a sense of whether you will be a team player and are a leader.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Pretty simple. The interview process was minimal as I started as an intern for nearly 8 months and when an full time position opened up for a new project, I was offered the job and took it.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed during college and had a very nice experience. I had an in person interview and then a phone interview. I was initially hired as an intern and when I was looking for a full time job, the interview was almost non-existent.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were especially difficult. They were mainly about experience and strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewing for the Project Engineer, along with about six other people from my school. I spent the first half hour interviewing with a senior member of the firm along with a new hire. After that I was taken to another room where I was interviewed by a worker that graduated from my school and had been working in the office for a few years.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation in which you were able to figure something out when everyone else couldn't.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process. Took 9 months before hired. Did 3 interviews. Standard questions. HR was great to work with. Research on the company definitely helped. Did an on campus meet and greet at a job fair after applying online. Then did a phone interview and two in person interviews. Salary offered was presented as company standard for the position starting out.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple process was interviewed on Thursday, and offered a job on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy i was offered everything I wanted

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. First a phone interview was conducted to make sure the candidate is interested in the company and is a capable enough. Then the 1 on 1 interview with the senior vice president of the company proved to be rewarding because I drew experiences and advice from somebody who has been working at the company for a while. An interview is a two-way street as the candidate is interviewing the company while the company interviews the candidate. I was impressed with the attention to detail and personal detail that Skanska had provided while recruiting.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Skanska USA Building.

Interview

Was contacted by HR after a university career fair for a phone interview. The next step was a one on one interview with an assistant project manager leading up to a one on one interview with the VP. Everyone interviewer at every stage was extremely nice and laid back. The interviews were not very challenging. Just basic interview questions and the rest is direct questions from your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe the toughest obstacle you had to overcome and how you did it.   1 Answer