Skanska USA Civil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil (Oakland, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Upon submitting my application online, I heard back and was interviewed over the phone within 2 weeks. Thereafter, I had another phone interview the following week. Then, had an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Do you have any experience in construction?
      Why us?
      What did you do in your last job?
      What is a question we didn't ask but you thought we would ask?
      Why this position?
      Can you travel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, the HR people let me went over my resume. The interview process was quick, like around 15 min. I was told to wait 10 business days to get their decisions.

Application

Interview

Got a mail stating that I was selected for interview through skype. During the interview had some technical error but they adjusted and made me feel comfortable in spite of the problems

Interview Questions

• Questions from resume, my experience, expectations from the job, location preference   Answer Question

Multiple Roles Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil.

Interview

Phone interviewed two separate times with HR representatives, for two different positions on the same project. Two different recruiters (one for each of the positions.) Both were 15+ minutes late to the phone meeting and sounded disorganized about the phone. Communication post-phone call was also poor. One recruiter asked me to plan for travel on a specific date for an in-person, but never replied to multiple emails and calls to confirm. Seemed like a chaotic work environment and misaligned direction for its recruiters.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Set up phone or facetime interview via email. Team asked for Application to be filled out prior and gave options for interview time slot. Interview was with a senior executive and an HR representative. Job offer came within 4 days. The whole process was very smooth and I was given more than sufficient advance notice and flexibility for scheduling the interview. The team was very encouraging in explaining that the position was not for just one project and that the company hires for career. Interviewer was flexible with the job offer expiration date and also seemed flexible with the start date. Overall, this was a very pleasant experience and the interviewer did their best to make the whole experience as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• Name ethical dilemma. Explain achievement and what the challenges were.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil.

Interview

talked with 4 people from management and went on a site tour. my interview was part of a college day. There were 5 or 6 other individuals at the interview. The interview was all day. I was called back for a second interview with two of the vice presidents.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was with VP Finance in Virginia Beach. Was really basic, which I didn't understand why at the time. Then met after another month with 2 execs (1 GM and 1 EVP) in Virginia Beach office. The GM kept me waiting for an hour and said he does that to let people know he's in charge from the start. He didn't plan to even let the Finance VP weigh in on the decision either. What a jerk.

Interview Questions

• Why we should hire you? The GM only wanted to talk about where I work now; I think I was brought in only so he could find out more about my current company. The EVP was okay and asked normal interview questions, such as why do I think my experience is a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was given a phone interview by an HR representative the next day. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to go into the office for a face-to-face interview the same week. In the office, I interviewed with the Chief Engineer under whom I would work. The interview process was very pleasant and also geared to finding out what I wanted in the workplace to see if we were a good fit. Everything happened very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the workplace? Give us an example of this in your past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

This was a casual phone Interview. It went really well, the HR interviewer was very nice, and casual banter went back and forth during the duration of the interview. The entire phone call lasted about 45 minutes, and after I was told that I was a solid candidate and they would look at finding a project for me to work at. I was never contacted after, even after sending a thank you letter.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska USA Civil (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Skanska came to the University of Arizona campus, and offered a few of us interviews. Their interview was very calm, and chill, mainly asking me why i am interested in them. 3 weeks later their HR manager called me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was more of a pitch by the company to sell me their internship program. The interviewer hardly asked me anything.