Skechers U.S.A. First Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skechers U.S.A. First Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Skechers U.S.A.

2.7

First Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

I applied within the store and the manager decided to interview me right then and there. First he screened me as to my previous job tasks and then walked the sales floor showing me the idea Sketchers tries to come across. After he took me to an office and did a more formal interview. He told me to wait for a phone call to see when I could meet up with the district manager, his interview was much more relaxed and short. They offered me the job as soon as my background cleared. Pretty simple interview not too complex.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, offered me more than expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Asheville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Not very professional district manager is very laded back & is in to playing games called me two week before interview made like he was interested in me had me do a background check before we had interview. Came to interview but got there he had hired the assistant manager of Bass to store manager & his buddy was hired as my job before we did interview.Asked him straight out if there was a job still oh yes plenty a lie .Would not recommend this company only looking for college or younger people qualifications don't matter look matter for this company !!

Interview Questions

• What are your store metrics,upt,at,sales,etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (New Orleans, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was laid back and very straight forward . The DM was easy to talk to and very excited about the company which made me excited about then opportunity as a whole

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two store managers, one I never heard of again, in store as a first interview. Later had a second interview over Facetime with the district manager at that time.

Interview Questions

• The interviewing managers made a point to ask about how you keep up on current fashion trends and where you shop.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company called with an offer higher than expected.

Anonymous Employee in West New York, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (West New York, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was ok it was pretty fast for me because they needed an additional manager at the store. it is based on 2 interviews for a management position one with the store manager and second with the DM.

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Moreno Valley, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

A quick introduction to the company history and consumer base. Explain different areas in the store and importance of the store layout. Different tasks employees performed and training. Quick scenario test, asking how one would help a customer decide on which shoes to buy. Importance of communicating with customers and informing them of promotions so they can save money and buy more merchandise.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this shoe (random shoe picked out) to a customer?   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was good, very personalized by the interviewer and very professional. They we able to respond to be in a matter of days. They were in a urgent need to fill the position but still ensured they hired the correct person.

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been working in retail   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very Casual interview, more in-depth during secondary interview, which requires a successful first interview. Interview with the store manager was more casual than with the District Manager. I found the questions with the Store manager was more of getting to know my personality, while with the District Manager it was more in depth about my experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you end up where you are today?   1 Answer

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Preview process which involves learning about the products, that experiencing selling. Interview questions are clear. Recruiting manager is involved in management hiring. Minimum one year customer service experience for floor associates.