Skechers U.S.A. General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skechers U.S.A. General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Skechers U.S.A.

1 Interview Review

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Riverside, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

What an absolute joke! I was contacted by a recruiter via a phone call. We spoke several times over the phone. I was scheduled three different interview appointments. The recruiter had to reschedule twice. What kind of company does that,not to mention the recruiter is late himself. They start you off at store location where you meet with a recruiter, district manager, and a employee relations manager. The district manager was a pompous arrogant self centered way too cool kind of guy that was worried more about his looks then the interview.They walk you around the store as if it is any different than any other store, really trying to emphasize their requirements.It felt like I was on tour not in an interview. Every thing is very rushed, along the tour of the store they asked you ridicules questions regarding their product that you could really only answer if you have worked there before. Oh and they ask visual questions regarding the presentation of the store. Word of advice , don't be negative in your response they will take it as an insult. At the end of the so called."interview" the recuiter messes up aisle of shoes and has you recovery it in a certain about time. Really dumb if you ask me. After the half baked interview was over, they had me meet them at Starbucks down the street from the store. Everyone showed up except the district manager, apparently he was just way too cool! After Starbucks interview was over I was told by the recruiter that there was no active position opened at the moment. He told me he would contact me within a week and let know what the next steps were going to be. I felt very upset and misled, I was led to believe the whole time that there was an active position open. About two weeks later I was contacted and told that in about 6 months a position will be opening up and I could accept a bench position. Needless to say I turn down the position. My takeaway from the interview is at Skechers wasn't looking for a store manager or General manager, they are looking for robots ; people that would do whatever they said when they said it- no room for an entrepreneurial spirit.

Interview Questions

• How would you set up this store?   1 Answer

I what to work in a company where I can be a leader and display an entrepreneurial spirit.