Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.2

Interview

the interview process was easy. they asked general basic questions about yourself and gave different scenarios and asked how you would respond. it was about getting to know each other during the process and it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• If someone was stealing from the store what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous (Field) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screen with a recruiter, Skype interview with Hiring Manager, in-person interview with other field employee who I would be interacting with regularly, a phone screen with the Client's HR, an in-person interview with an employee of Client, and a phone interview with another employee of Client. Overall there were 6 steps and this took a total of 7 weeks.
    At the end of the process, the recruiter completely ghosted me and did not respond to emails asking for updates after a 2 week silence. I had to call to get an update, and I ended up getting a voicemail in response offering zero feedback.
    All in all a very negative candidate experience that could have been handled much differently.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Manhattan Beach, CA).

Interview

Due to schedule misunderstanding I arrived at the interview at 5:00pm when I was supposed to come in at 2:00pm. During this whole time, I received no calls or emails asking where I was and why I didn't show up to the interview at 2:00pm. After deciding it was a scheduling error, the recruiter still decided to chat with me for 15 minutes since I showed up anyways. We had a short talk and agreed to continue the conversation via phone call and email as the recruiter had another schedule to attend to. The next day I send her a follow up email and I get no response. A couple days later, I send another email following my follow up asking about continuing our conversation. Again no response. I thought our 15 minute conversation went well the first time so I don't have any idea why she would suddenly stop talking to me. The least she could do is send me an email response saying I am not a good match for this company or whatever instead of sending me the cold shoulder. This recruiter is not a very responsible one.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Monday, interviewed on Tuesday and was hired on Wednesday. Offered to start on Friday. Very easy process. Very, very strict dress code. Only Skechers shoes can be worn. Shirts must be tucked in at all time, worn with a belt. No piercings or tattoos of any kind. No facial hair. Only natural hair colors and normal hair styles permitted. This is dress code for retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Which Skechers shoe have you tried on, is your favorite and why.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I have scheduled to meet the manager once I meet her she said that she have to reschedule my interview for the next week without giving me any reason she was very rude and unprofessional

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Cabazon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

One on one for the most part. Took roughly 30 minutes. Straightfoward interview: Work history, experience with customers, and the like. Most managers are nice and pleasant during the interview process, mine included.

Interview Questions

• The only question you should plan out before the interview: Describe instances where there were situations that you had to resolve.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Ellenton, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring event was to start at 10am. It did not start until 11.30 The store associates and shift manager were unaware of the event. The open house was just to set up a phone interview. What a waste of time.
    We schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your recent shopping experience in this store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

I applied within the store and the manager decided to interview me right then and there. First he screened me as to my previous job tasks and then walked the sales floor showing me the idea Sketchers tries to come across. After he took me to an office and did a more formal interview. He told me to wait for a phone call to see when I could meet up with the district manager, his interview was much more relaxed and short. They offered me the job as soon as my background cleared. Pretty simple interview not too complex.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, offered me more than expected.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

When the interview was being conducted, it followed common interview procedures. This includes common background check, availability, customer service quality and potential, work history and etc. Also, the interviewee asked about knowledge on the store itself and history of the products.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was sent an email about the position I applied for ask me questions pertaining to the job. I answered the questions but I didn't receive a response back. Disapointed I was prescreened and judged via email. Based on the process I would not consider this company as a an option for employment.

Interview Questions

• What have you seen while visiting up store?   1 Answer