Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (New York, NY).

Interview

District Manager was late for interview. Location short staffed, dirty, and unorganized. Fire safety hazard witnessed in location. District Manager Utilized phone during interview. Asked basic questions and admitted to own failings and shortfalls of locations. They did not follow up at prescribed time for second interview. Overall unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

the interview process was easy. they asked general basic questions about yourself and gave different scenarios and asked how you would respond. it was about getting to know each other during the process and it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• If someone was stealing from the store what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous (Field) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screen with a recruiter, Skype interview with Hiring Manager, in-person interview with other field employee who I would be interacting with regularly, a phone screen with the Client's HR, an in-person interview with an employee of Client, and a phone interview with another employee of Client. Overall there were 6 steps and this took a total of 7 weeks.
    At the end of the process, the recruiter completely ghosted me and did not respond to emails asking for updates after a 2 week silence. I had to call to get an update, and I ended up getting a voicemail in response offering zero feedback.
    All in all a very negative candidate experience that could have been handled much differently.

Store Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and HR called me for interview. The interview time was about half hour. Phone Interview questions were based on my work. They wanted to know how I am thinking about their company and how Can I make the store better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at our company?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple. Just understand about shoes, and know the culture. You don't have to make sure you know anything about retail or shoes, but having experience is a great plus. The pay is minimum wage and it would be great if you were to make sure you ask for something higher. Have great confidence because it is not hard to work at sketchers. They are always looking for new and awesome employees.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great product specialist?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Manhattan Beach, CA).

Interview

Due to schedule misunderstanding I arrived at the interview at 5:00pm when I was supposed to come in at 2:00pm. During this whole time, I received no calls or emails asking where I was and why I didn't show up to the interview at 2:00pm. After deciding it was a scheduling error, the recruiter still decided to chat with me for 15 minutes since I showed up anyways. We had a short talk and agreed to continue the conversation via phone call and email as the recruiter had another schedule to attend to. The next day I send her a follow up email and I get no response. A couple days later, I send another email following my follow up asking about continuing our conversation. Again no response. I thought our 15 minute conversation went well the first time so I don't have any idea why she would suddenly stop talking to me. The least she could do is send me an email response saying I am not a good match for this company or whatever instead of sending me the cold shoulder. This recruiter is not a very responsible one.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Monday, interviewed on Tuesday and was hired on Wednesday. Offered to start on Friday. Very easy process. Very, very strict dress code. Only Skechers shoes can be worn. Shirts must be tucked in at all time, worn with a belt. No piercings or tattoos of any kind. No facial hair. Only natural hair colors and normal hair styles permitted. This is dress code for retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Which Skechers shoe have you tried on, is your favorite and why.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I have scheduled to meet the manager once I meet her she said that she have to reschedule my interview for the next week without giving me any reason she was very rude and unprofessional

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Cabazon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

One on one for the most part. Took roughly 30 minutes. Straightfoward interview: Work history, experience with customers, and the like. Most managers are nice and pleasant during the interview process, mine included.

Interview Questions

• The only question you should plan out before the interview: Describe instances where there were situations that you had to resolve.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Ellenton, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring event was to start at 10am. It did not start until 11.30 The store associates and shift manager were unaware of the event. The open house was just to set up a phone interview. What a waste of time.
    We schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your recent shopping experience in this store?   Answer Question