Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.2

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Manhattan Beach, CA).

Interview

Due to schedule misunderstanding I arrived at the interview at 5:00pm when I was supposed to come in at 2:00pm. During this whole time, I received no calls or emails asking where I was and why I didn't show up to the interview at 2:00pm. After deciding it was a scheduling error, the recruiter still decided to chat with me for 15 minutes since I showed up anyways. We had a short talk and agreed to continue the conversation via phone call and email as the recruiter had another schedule to attend to. The next day I send her a follow up email and I get no response. A couple days later, I send another email following my follow up asking about continuing our conversation. Again no response. I thought our 15 minute conversation went well the first time so I don't have any idea why she would suddenly stop talking to me. The least she could do is send me an email response saying I am not a good match for this company or whatever instead of sending me the cold shoulder. This recruiter is not a very responsible one.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Monday, interviewed on Tuesday and was hired on Wednesday. Offered to start on Friday. Very easy process. Very, very strict dress code. Only Skechers shoes can be worn. Shirts must be tucked in at all time, worn with a belt. No piercings or tattoos of any kind. No facial hair. Only natural hair colors and normal hair styles permitted. This is dress code for retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Which Skechers shoe have you tried on, is your favorite and why.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Ellenton, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring event was to start at 10am. It did not start until 11.30 The store associates and shift manager were unaware of the event. The open house was just to set up a phone interview. What a waste of time.
    We schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your recent shopping experience in this store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

I applied within the store and the manager decided to interview me right then and there. First he screened me as to my previous job tasks and then walked the sales floor showing me the idea Sketchers tries to come across. After he took me to an office and did a more formal interview. He told me to wait for a phone call to see when I could meet up with the district manager, his interview was much more relaxed and short. They offered me the job as soon as my background cleared. Pretty simple interview not too complex.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, offered me more than expected.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

When the interview was being conducted, it followed common interview procedures. This includes common background check, availability, customer service quality and potential, work history and etc. Also, the interviewee asked about knowledge on the store itself and history of the products.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was sent an email about the position I applied for ask me questions pertaining to the job. I answered the questions but I didn't receive a response back. Disapointed I was prescreened and judged via email. Based on the process I would not consider this company as a an option for employment.

Interview Questions

• What have you seen while visiting up store?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying directly on the company website, the district manager connected via email to set a time for an initial interview. During the call, the district manager discussed the needs of the company, the opportunity and asked for dialogue wherein I could fill in the blanks as to why I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What compensation package are you looking for at this time?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

First interview with Recruiter.
    2nd interview with District Manager having a roll play at the store (45min)
    3rd interview with RM (30min) I had to travel 1 hour and 45 min to meet with him. What a waste of my time, has been more than an month for this hiring process, for nothing. They are always looking to pay less than what the positions really pays.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Asheville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Not very professional district manager is very laded back & is in to playing games called me two week before interview made like he was interested in me had me do a background check before we had interview. Came to interview but got there he had hired the assistant manager of Bass to store manager & his buddy was hired as my job before we did interview.Asked him straight out if there was a job still oh yes plenty a lie .Would not recommend this company only looking for college or younger people qualifications don't matter look matter for this company !!

Interview Questions

• What are your store metrics,upt,at,sales,etc.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in January 2016.

Interview

Called store to see if they were hiring. Manager asked me to send resume to an email address. Called three days later to see if they got a chance to review my resume. Received a call three days later did a phone interview was then asked to come in to speak with the store manager the next day. Store manager asked that I come back for a second interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Took me to the front of the store where they display their product and asked me to describe or tell them what message they are trying to give out to the customers. And do I see anything that could be better or is out of place.   Answer Question