Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skechers U.S.A. Interview Questions

Interviews at Skechers U.S.A.

2.2

/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

Horrible communication, lied to you consistently, old school fax machines that take forever, hypocritical, expects everyone to love wearing skechers all the time but the higher ups dont. super horrible management and pay. got harrassed multiple times and told the manager but they didnt do anything about it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

Very easy and ask simple questions about client experience and if you're comfortable with sales. They called back after I did my interview online within a couple days and scheduled the interview with me about 1-2 days after the call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was pretty brief. It was also pretty engaging. Althought there were two managers one of them really dominated the conversation, asking the questions, responding, etc, while the other one just kinda looked and me and observed what I said. The other manger though was very polite and engaging I can tell they wanted it to be more of a conversation than just a Q&A so it's definitely better to go in there with more than a mindset of "I just have to answer a couple of questions and go"

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you have worked in a group setting and opinions clashed how did you react in this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Manhattan Beach, CA).

Interview

no interview. it was who you know or previously working with inside employees that know your work. this isn't the case for all but the do hire a lot of connections and current business relationships.

Interview Questions

• no specific interview type questions in my cases. previous relationship and therefore just a conversation and offer   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in July 2019.

Interview

Filled out application online, had a 30-45 minute phone interview with a recruiter. I was given every indication that the interview went well and was told that the recruiter was getting ahold of the District Manager for the area to set up an in-person interview. A few days later, I was sent an e-mail that they were looking to set up an in person interview at the end of the week at the new store location and what my availability was. I wrote back within the hour that I had open availability. No return e-mail. I drove to the new store location at the end of the week and found the store empty - no shelves, no signs, etc. I slipped my resume through the doors with the DM's name on it. A few days later, a few e-mails, and a few phone calls - still no response from the recruiter. Yesterday, I drove past the store location and found the electrician installing new signage. A phone call and e-mail to the recruiter to find out the status of the interview - nothing. This morning, I received an e-mail response "...we have concluded that another candidate's qualifications more closely match our requirements..." I have over 20 years in retail management experience and 30 years total in management. I have the qualifications.

Senior Store Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Manhattan Beach, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Quick recruiter phone interview followed by on-site interview in Manhattan Beach. Interview went well, 1.5 hour good conversation. Sent a normal follow-up email to recruiter and person from on-site interview. Never heard back from them even after again following up with recruiter the next week. Were very responsive up to that point.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. I felt like I was driving the questioning more.   Answer Question

Women's Apparel Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Manhattan Beach, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I was asked to go to the Skechers Headquarters in Manhattan Beach, CA after an initial phone interview with a Skechers recruiter. I met with the design team and the interview was conducted in a small conference room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Century City, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I got to the store I applied to work in at the time I was told. I waited a bit, it was busy that day. The boss told me to leave my stuff in the back so she can show me what the company is all about. She told me what my job would be and about the store.

She was very nice and pleasant. Maybe I should have asked more questions. I was a bit nervous and not sure what to do. As all my job interviews never included a tour. I would always just go to an office and be interviewed. So it caught me off guard.

We later went to the back where we did an interview. I asked some questions then. I was told that they had a lot of of applicants. And that they'd let me know, if I did not get this keep trying and just a very positive attitude from the boss.

I like this brand and the discount was like 50% or something! Amazing. A week later I got an email stating that I did not get it. Ah well. It was a commission job, I had no experience so I get it but I had lots of work experience and something similar to commission.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Interview

Applied for SM position in Albuquerque, and was contacted by email for a phone interview with the recruiter. We scheduled a day and time. She neglected to call. Highly unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

Applied in person, was asked to come in a week later. Given offer at interview. Hiring process took about two more weeks because I was a minor and had to fill in certain paperwork. I later found out their hiring department is also very slow.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had that can help you with this position?   Answer Question