Skechers U.S.A. Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skechers U.S.A. Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Skechers U.S.A.

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Easy but hands on. The second interview is the hands on part. Make sure to ask questions. Be very vocal and dress to impress, professional attire is definetley a must.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was more like a conversation. It was more to see how your personality will fit into the company since you will be interacting with customers at all times. The manager and I talked for hours and then she gave me a application to fill out which took about 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot and I will be starting next week. The only advice I would have is to be yourself and smile.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for?

What are your availability?

How many hours would you like to work a week?

Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (East Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and got hired after the second. They didn't call me back after the first one for a while, so I didn't think I got it. The whole process took about 3 weeks, and by the time I finished paperwork it had been a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Monday, interviewed on Tuesday and was hired on Wednesday. Offered to start on Friday. Very easy process. Very, very strict dress code. Only Skechers shoes can be worn. Shirts must be tucked in at all time, worn with a belt. No piercings or tattoos of any kind. No facial hair. Only natural hair colors and normal hair styles permitted. This is dress code for retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Which Skechers shoe have you tried on, is your favorite and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Birmingham, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I stepped into my local Skechers store after seeing an indeed posting online. Met the store manager and mentioned my interest in the sales associate position. I was asked to fill in an application and discussed a great time to visit again for a direct interview the next day. We both liked the interview. After four days, I called the hiring manager to check the status of the hiring process. I was offered a position as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Century City, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I got to the store I applied to work in at the time I was told. I waited a bit, it was busy that day. The boss told me to leave my stuff in the back so she can show me what the company is all about. She told me what my job would be and about the store.

She was very nice and pleasant. Maybe I should have asked more questions. I was a bit nervous and not sure what to do. As all my job interviews never included a tour. I would always just go to an office and be interviewed. So it caught me off guard.

We later went to the back where we did an interview. I asked some questions then. I was told that they had a lot of of applicants. And that they'd let me know, if I did not get this keep trying and just a very positive attitude from the boss.

I like this brand and the discount was like 50% or something! Amazing. A week later I got an email stating that I did not get it. Ah well. It was a commission job, I had no experience so I get it but I had lots of work experience and something similar to commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A..

Interview

Applied in person, was asked to come in a week later. Given offer at interview. Hiring process took about two more weeks because I was a minor and had to fill in certain paperwork. I later found out their hiring department is also very slow.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had that can help you with this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Irvine, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Got there a little more than 10 minutes early. The manager was not ready for me. She took about 10 minutes to come outside and introduce herself. She then handed me an application form to fill out even though I already filled one out on their website.

The manager had a horrible attitude and would regularly look off into space while I was answering her questions. Extremely rude and unprofessional. I ended up just walking out on the interview because I knew I would not be a right fit.

Interview Questions

• What steps will you take to help sell our products outside the work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

very friendly made me feel comfortable. They really try to get to know you. I love that they try to get to know how you are first to see if you are eligible for the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was laid back and rather casual. I met the manager at another store front and we had an interview in the break room. Simple questions such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if a customer demanded a sale price that was no longer valid?

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. They wanted to know if you are familiar with their product, especially the new ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what was reasonable? I started high (this is entry level retail) I said 10 or 11 dollars an hour. He responded that was much too high and that the going rate was lower. So we landed on a fair rate of compensation.