Skechers U.S.A. Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.0

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Monday, interviewed on Tuesday and was hired on Wednesday. Offered to start on Friday. Very easy process. Very, very strict dress code. Only Skechers shoes can be worn. Shirts must be tucked in at all time, worn with a belt. No piercings or tattoos of any kind. No facial hair. Only natural hair colors and normal hair styles permitted. This is dress code for retail stores.

Interview Questions

• Which Skechers shoe have you tried on, is your favorite and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Hanover, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call about a week after applying. I got an interview the next day at 10 am. They took me in right when the store opened and sat me out in the food court. She proceeded to ask me about my work experience and then asked me a couple of hypothetical questions about the job. They were pretty easy questions and I was able to answer all of them to the best of my ability. After that, she hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Was there a time that you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • If a angry customer is not pleased with your service, what did you do to resolve that?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for part time sales associate job from skecherscareers.com. I received a voicemail after a week to call them back and set up an interview date. So today when I went in for an interview, I guess the manager forgot that I was coming. He made me fill up another paper application on paper then interviewed me. But overall it was a good experience and the manager seemed very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Merrimack, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

We sat in the back of the store where their office is, then two people asked me some questions (they asked me the same questions twice just so they can see if I elaborate my answers more). The questions were simple only if you have previous experience at jobs involving customer interaction. The managers who interviewed me were very cool and laid back. They made me feel welcome and were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you went above and beyond helping a customer.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time a customer was unhappy and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Replied to an ad on craigslist with my resume, in about 2 weeks i recieved a call for an interview. The interview was one on one in the backroom. Was hired on the spot & i had to fill out an application and bring in a copy of my id and ssn. My start day was 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you like about sketchers shoes ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not give enough hours and pay is minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was working for retail for the past a year and half. Initially I became an associate by walking in for an application. They liked my first impression and told me to come by the store the very next day for an interview with the store manager. He asked me couple of questions about myself and my past work experience. It was a very chill interview process. The store manager was very laid back.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Universal City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

After dropping off application, was called in to have an interview. They asked about previous experience, how I work with people, discussed sales incentives, just kind of wanted to get a feel for me as a person. Then they called me back for a second interview where they asked questions to see how I would overcome obstacles, what my availability was like, where I saw myself going with the company, any conflicts I might have. Etc...

Interview Questions

• If you became part of the team, what would you do to be able to talk about the product in comparison with competitors? (Or something like this.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (East Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and got hired after the second. They didn't call me back after the first one for a while, so I didn't think I got it. The whole process took about 3 weeks, and by the time I finished paperwork it had been a month.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Ontario, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved 2 interviews. It was pretty basic seeing as it's a retail job. Focus on helping the customers and you should be fine. Another important thing they focus on is inventory, restocking, and sales. Be sure to express your commitment to working in an environment which is competitive, yet a team environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what quality I think is most important about working in an industry like retail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was laid back and rather casual. I met the manager at another store front and we had an interview in the break room. Simple questions such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if a customer demanded a sale price that was no longer valid?

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. They wanted to know if you are familiar with their product, especially the new ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what was reasonable? I started high (this is entry level retail) I said 10 or 11 dollars an hour. He responded that was much too high and that the going rate was lower. So we landed on a fair rate of compensation.