Skechers U.S.A. Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skechers U.S.A. Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Skechers U.S.A.

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was laid back and rather casual. I met the manager at another store front and we had an interview in the break room. Simple questions such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if a customer demanded a sale price that was no longer valid?

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. They wanted to know if you are familiar with their product, especially the new ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what was reasonable? I started high (this is entry level retail) I said 10 or 11 dollars an hour. He responded that was much too high and that the going rate was lower. So we landed on a fair rate of compensation.

Other Interview Reviews for Skechers U.S.A.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Aurora, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

You have to go in and fill out a paper application. There is no way to do it online. The interview for sales associates consists of two interviews, usually on the same day. After the interview, you usually get a call within a couple days, depending on the store's needs.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had an outraged customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

First I was interviewed by the current store manager and my second interview was the District Manager. Some other associates had a group interview first, instead of a one on one like I did. The store wasn't open yet, it was still being built so we met in the mall near a coffee shop.

Interview Questions

• Is taking just one penny from the drawer okay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not even told my pay during the second interview, because I didn't know if I had the job yet. I found out during my 3rd working day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Aurora, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

i had my first interview on the 1st with an assistant manager. They called me back the same day and scheduled a second interview with another manager the next day. Generally the interview was going on pretty well till they told me to sell them a shape-up and flop.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Paramus, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Easy interview process. I went in and applied at the store and then I got a call for an interview. It was relaxed , better than most interviews go. Overall , they just want to know about yourself and how you can be an asset to the store and overall company you are working for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Followed by a 1:1 interview. Then a job offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is does ownership mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a low and high for wages. But from as far as I can tell, the wage is determined by previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Limerick, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

Sat down and answered questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you have with interacting with others   1 Answer
    • Name a time you have gone out of you way to help a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take the job unless you are happy with they pay

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Replied to an ad on craigslist with my resume, in about 2 weeks i recieved a call for an interview. The interview was one on one in the backroom. Was hired on the spot & i had to fill out an application and bring in a copy of my id and ssn. My start day was 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you like about sketchers shoes ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not give enough hours and pay is minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Universal City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

After dropping off application, was called in to have an interview. They asked about previous experience, how I work with people, discussed sales incentives, just kind of wanted to get a feel for me as a person. Then they called me back for a second interview where they asked questions to see how I would overcome obstacles, what my availability was like, where I saw myself going with the company, any conflicts I might have. Etc...

Interview Questions

• If you became part of the team, what would you do to be able to talk about the product in comparison with competitors? (Or something like this.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skechers U.S.A. (Ontario, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved 2 interviews. It was pretty basic seeing as it's a retail job. Focus on helping the customers and you should be fine. Another important thing they focus on is inventory, restocking, and sales. Be sure to express your commitment to working in an environment which is competitive, yet a team environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what quality I think is most important about working in an industry like retail.   1 Answer