Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, about a week apart. Went through work samples and the questions were very direct on work experience and tech background, very friendly interviewers with a mix of would be supervisors and colleagues as well as more junior staff

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Had two interviews for a contractor role, was asked for references, which I gave, and the hiring manager went radio silent. Had to call the manager a few days later to discover that they decided to go with someone more Jr. Be more aware of what you're hiring for before you interview candidates and waste their time. Also improve the follow up regarding the interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP.

Interview

This review is a for an engineering studio internship. Most, if not all, of the architecture interns had a very different interview process so please keep that in mind when considering my experience.

Very straightforward interview with one of their associate directors. Sent a resume through one of their employees after I attended one of their guest lectures. I also had to fill out an online application. Had a phone interview about a month later. Received the offer right after the interview and had about 1 week to reply. The interviewer was very friendly and answered all my questions with an appropriate level of detail.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Very straightforward questions regarding classes and research work done in university. Also some questions about general engineering career goals (typical questions that may be expected in any interview).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

In person discussion with Director of office. Very amicable and not stressful. Interviewer asked about my future goals and ambitions, and was able to overlook a lack of experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP.

Interview

Submitted application and phone interview. Talked to a HR people and they were pretty friendly. Asked to answer some questions and talk about portfolio. The questions were some basic questions that people prepare for architectural interviews.

Intern Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP in March 2013.

Interview

Initial portfolio critique and examination of past internships. Offices politics were already apparent. Undermining offer to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified to work here?/What can you contribute?   Answer Question

salary

Intern Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

i had interview through phone call. HR was pretty nice people and asked very straightforward questions. the questions were pretty into your previous experience and projects. and the clearance of your portfolios. They asked me to briefly talk about some selected projects on resume.

Interview Questions

• what you previously worked on.
      Describe some of the projects on portfolio   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP.

Interview

Phone call and then face to face with managers and others.
    I think when you have a team interviewing you, makes sense that you all contribute and ask the candidate questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received email few days later. Then I met with the director of the marketing department. They have been interviewing many people for the position and want to fill it up asap. The questions are fairly easy. Just talk through what you have been doing, why do you want to work on marketing in the architecture industry.

I guess for this position, it'd be better if you studied architecture rather than marketing. It's important to show you understand the design, and strong interest in SOM.

Urban Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP.

Interview

An screen share interview. Describe portfolio. Most of the questions are based on Portfolio. Answer questions based on own experience and background. Takes about a hour depending on your questions.