Skillz Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skillz Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Skillz

3.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skillz in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter that reached didn't bother to do her due diligence and tried to pitch me on a junior role which would have paid 1/3 what my current role offers. Needless to say the situation conversation got somewhat awkward.

Needless to say, this experience did not leave me with a very good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Skillz

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skillz.

Interview

Pretty standard interview: phone screening, take-home assignment, then 2 rounds of on-site interviews, interview with CEO and the offer call. They care a lot about hiring the right people so there are many rounds.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skillz.

Interview

I was reached out by email from HR after applying online months back. I was asked to do a writing sample that was to be sent out and completed within a two hour deadline. Upon completion, I was asked to schedule an interview a few days later.

It was three rounds of interviews with the purpose of culture fit (HR rep doing word associations and personality assessment), one on one interview with an higher up, and an panel with two prospective team members and the direct manager. Everything went well.

Heard back weeks later to apply for a more senior position so I did and didn't do well on all ends (programming assessment, case interview, and one-on-one with direct manager). All in all, each interview session was at least 4 hours. By this point, I had discussed with the HR rep and interviewers about making a formal decision soon since I had other offers. They acknowledged their understanding of the situation and said if chosen, the CEO would schedule an interview. I expressed the time sensitivity due to other job offers and they assured me that I should hear back from them very soon. (Coincidentally enough, I did bump into the CEO when we were both heading out. ) I never heard back from them after the interview, even in inquiring on the status upon a followup email. Regardless of the lack of professionalism and promptness on their end, I'm grateful for the whole process since it did help me improve my interviewing skills and lead me to a better opportunity elsewhere.

In my interviewing experiences with Skillz, all the neutral and negative experiences about the interview process are very accurate. So prospective interviewees should be mindful of the formatting and potential interview questions.