Skillz Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skillz Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Skillz

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Skillz in January 2019.

Interview

They are very nice and gave me detailed feedback. The first one is a phone screening and then a take-home assignment. Even I didn't pass the take-home assignment, they gave me very detailed feedback to let me know why they didn't pass me and how I can improve

Interview Questions

• It was a take-home assignment about a promotional event on a game   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Skillz

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It took them seven case studies and three interviews to determine that there wasn't a good fit, which took them an additional two weeks to relay through an automated email. This took about 12 hours of my time. Not a very organized process.

Interview Questions

• Everything mostly pertained to user conversion and retention for their platform.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skillz (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Got contacted via recruiter on LinkedIn. Then 30 minute casual phone conversation with hiring manager. Next, interviews on-site. First interview was with recruiter, very casual conversation. Next, I had to do two assessments, one of my SQL skills and one my quantitative skills. For the quant questions, they forgot to give me both a calculator as well as pencil and paper. Told me later that that was a mistake on their side. SQL test seemed solvable but my skills are rudimentary at best. Next was a case-study with one of their data analysts and finally a 20 minute conversation with co-founder. All in all friendly but professional atmosphere. Didn't learn much about the company culture or characters of my conversation partners (with exception of the recruiter).
    Received a take-home assignment the for next week. Assignment was pretty difficult, definitely required very advanced Excel skills to solve.

Interview Questions

• Five pirates discover a chest containing 100 gold coins. They decide to sit down and devise a distribution strategy. The pirates are ranked based on their experience (Pirate 1 to Pirate 5, where Pirate 5 is the most experienced). The most experienced pirate gets to propose a plan and then all the pirates vote on it. If at least half of the pirates agree on the plan, the gold is split according to the proposal. If not, the most experienced pirate is thrown off the ship and this process continues with the remaining pirates until a proposal is accepted. The first priority of the pirates is to stay alive and second to maximize the gold they get. Pirate 5 devises a plan which he knows will be accepted for sure and will maximize his gold. What is his plan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skillz (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had the interview in the Boston office back in June. I did not have the opportunity to talk with anyone on the team. The office manager who just joined the company two months ago was the only one who talked to me and answer my questions.

I was put in a room, and the head of engineer i think gave me a laptop and asked me to complete the mysql questions within 45min. After I finished these questions, we walked through my answers, and then she gave me another set of questions, which were to write an algorithm in python or any other languages. I only got one question done within the required time, and one reason was that I was not familiar with the process. They did not give me any background or explain the terminologies they used, but they assumed i had known everything probably. It was really negative interview experience for me. As I said, the only opportunity that I had asking questions was with the office manager, who was new and not doing technical stuff. Maybe it's just they were not impressed by my coding, so they did not bother answer any questions from me. I don't know. BTW, the recruter did not give me any feedback after the interview. Same reason I guess.

I saw the glass door rating of this company was pretty high, but i did not feel the energy described in the positive reviews at all while i was in the office. The had gaming stuff in the office, but i did not see any one play that, it was so quiet. Honestly, I would think some of the positive reviews were faked.