Skillz Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Skillz

1 Interview Review

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skillz (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First a phone screen. If you pass, then you move to onsite interview where you meet with the team who will each interview you. Then you meet with CEO. You also do an onsite test so they can test your technical skills. The onsite interview lasts all day.

The interview itself was fine but the overall process was incredibly rude. After each interview step I was told I would receive a decision within a couple of days but it would never happen within the promised time frame. Then 2 weeks after the onsite interview (which was supposed to be the final step), the recruiter tells me that the team actually wants to give all candidates a take-home assignment to do as an ADDITIONAL final step. Then get this: The recruiter tells me that the team hasn't even made the assignment yet! Mind you this was for an internship position and I had already spent a good amount of time interviewing with the company through the phone screen and onsite interviews. At that point, I lost all interest in pursuing this position. The pay is also far below standard. However, their office was nice and the team was all very nice to speak with. They have a nice gaming mural at the office. The company seems like it has a very high turnover and based on this interview process (or I guess lack of) I can completely understand why. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us? Standard behavior questions and interview questions about your past technical experiences.   Answer Question