Skillz Junior Android Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Junior Android Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skillz (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and straight forward. I applied online and the recruiter contacted me a few days later. We scheduled a phone call followed by the on site visit. First, I met the recruiter who gave me an overview of the interview and offered me the chance to ask questions about the company. The second person I met was the CEO who gave me a better understanding of how their platform works, told me about their team members backgrounds, and asked me about my background. The last person I met was the head of the mobile engineering team who gave me a laptop and instructions for the java test I had to take. The actual test consisted of several problems where I had to find bugs and fix the code. I was given 45 min to complete the test. Once the test was over, the CEO and the head of the mobile engineering team came back and we discussed every problem I attempted. In my case, the java test didn't go well but I was explained what the problems were and how they needed to be fixed. To me, the interview problems seemed really hard, but given the complexity of the Skillz platform, it is understandable, this job is not for everyone.

Even though I did not receive an offer, the overall experience was great. I got to learn a lot about the company and their amazing platform, and they definitely earned a new user!

Interview Questions

• Fix the bugs and be prepared to discuss the chosen solution   1 Answer