Skillz Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skillz Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Skillz

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skillz (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process took 2 hours - 1 hour technical, 30 mins past experience, 30 mins behavioral. They contacted me through email first and asked to call me later that week. The call was 30 minutes long, and they didn't ask anything about me -- it was more like they were trying to sell their company to me. The actual technical interview had 6 "fix the bug" questions, which were pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Find the bug for the code -- I forget what the questions were, but a lot of them were based on equality and hashcodes and java threads.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Skillz

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Skillz (New York, NY).

Interview

Their process is really quick, a quick phone screen and then a onsite. Their onsite is a coding challenged followed by a whiteboarding problem. Afterwards you meet the team and the CEO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

During my onsite interview, the engineers I met were awesome, but their HR department was unprofessional. The HR representative started the day with "we are going to test your technical skills first, and if you do poorly, we will ask you to leave early as to not waste our time". After the onsite interview, it was weeks before Skillz finally provided an update .. via an automated message. This is the only time in my life that I received an automated rejection email after an onsite interview where I met the team ... this really shows how much they care about people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skillz (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by an online assessment. The assessment had a time constraint and pretty hard questions. Onsite interview consisted of debugging, technical challenges, and meeting with Hiring manager.