Skip of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skip of New York Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skip of New York.

Interview

I was overdressed sitting across from my interviewer, who was wearing a flannel and jeans. I felt minimal pressure during this casual, friendly interview process. However, it was still important to be prepared and qualified.

Interview Questions

• How would a previous supervisor describe you in one word?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skip of New York.

Interview

Called in to meet with two supervisors. Pretty basic questions. Then given a 'quiz' to fill out by recognizing the important information. Once you were done you hand it in and go home and wait to be called. Overall interview was ok.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Basically given salary at time of hire.

Intake Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skip of New York in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in 3 weeks after applying, but I requested a phone interview because I was out of state. They begrudgingly complied- but mixed up the day and time because they do not use email or electronic calendars (the first of the red flags). I eventually had phone interview with executive director and program director, it went extremely well and I was very excited about the role. When I met with them in person, the interview was very unstructured. They had very few legitimate questions to ask and I felt like they did 95% of the talking. Afterwards, they had me complete an intake and do a computer task. The task was so basic and I quickly realized that I was beyond qualified for this position. During the interview, the role and salary they spoke about offering me was VERY different from the role and salary they actually offered me. The biggest turnoff from the whole experience was the negative way in which the executive director spoke about her employees. I would never want to work for someone who did not value and support her staff.

Interview Questions

• The presented a case for a patient and had me complete an entire written intake form   Answer Question

too many red flags throughout process, very low pay

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skip of New York.

Interview

2 to 4 people may be interviewing, you greet someone, get handed paperwork to fill out and then start interview process 15-20 minutes later. After official interview more paper work to fill out.

Interview Questions

• when is a time when you dealt with a difficult supervisor   1 Answer

Community Habilitation Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skip of New York (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Recieved a referral from a family, came into NYC office for a short (1 hour approximately) 1:1 interview with one of hiring personel. Had to bring specified documents and resume and asked routine questions. Offered position at end of interview and began orientation one immediately following.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with children with disabilities? Why do you want to work for SKIP of NY? What experiences and qualities do you have that you think will help you with this position? What one word would a friend or colleague use to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negociation phase - told salary upfront; part time position so no benefits

Case Manager/Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skip of New York (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

you come in fill out an application. you wait forever for them to come and get you to interview you after filling out the application. there are two supervisors that interview you for the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a case manager   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skip of New York (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and they got back to me about 3 weeks/4 weeks later to come in for an interview. Can in and met my direct supervisor for about 45 minutes. This followed by a computer test (had to draft an email) etc- very easy if you regularly use computers at home. Then they asked me to come in for a presentation in front of the director and about 3 other staff members. They gave me the topic and to give a 20 minute presentation. I prepared a ppt and a handouts which I emailed them and they photocopied them for me.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skip of New York (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Badly Organized
    Haphazard scheduling
    Interviewers not prepared. They seem to be doing it as a chore But were not bad intentioned
    They can use some basics in how to interview people, Their focus was to impress by asking seemingly tough questions

Interview Questions

• Why I am looking for a job   1 Answer

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Skip of New York.

Interview

You will interview with at least 2 SKIP supervisors and/or directors. You'll have a chance to hear about the job description and ask questions. Then asked a series of questions about prior experience and describing scenarios. You'll also need to rate different skills such as organization etc.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to give examples of your previous experiences ex: Describe a time when you were not given clear instructions on how to proceed, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very negotiable at initial time of hire but after your 3 month probationary period you can request an increase or at any later date when you feel an increase is warranted due to high quality work.

HCBS Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skip of New York in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer used questions like "why do you want to work for skip" "what would you bring to the company" "what would you do if this happened". First was the 1:1 interview, next was the written component. Bring references and all information on previous employers to initial interview.

Interview Questions

• There was a written component to the interview   1 Answer

salary was too low, employee reviews