Sky Interview Questions in Livingston, Scotland | Glassdoor

Sky Interview Questions in Livingston, Scotland

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Nothing like I studied for, in a room with 7 other people asked to talk to person next to me and find out 2 things we have in common. Asked to fill in abit paper with is this like you or not like you questions on it. Then asked by 1 interviewer why this is like you or not like you. Then put into groups of 4 and say what a good service was provided by Sky everyone picked a different programme, example I like sky sports person was very friendly and helpful. Then had telephone interview without a telephone. Guy just turns away from you and you are given limited info on sky problems. Ex my broad bands running slow or I can't download lots of stuff,

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask a question more gave us a bit paper with what statement applies to you   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. This consisted of several competency based questions such as 'please give a specific example of a time when you helped a struggling co-worker'

After I finished this part I was invited to attend a face to face interview (The invitation was offered immediately at the end of my phone interview).

The face to face interview was actually a group interview. There was 6 other people at the interview and the day consisted of some questionnaires which you had to explain your answers and finally a role play scenario in which one of the assessors pretended to be a customer who wished to cancel their sky subscription, you were then expected to ask plenty of questions as to why they were unhappy and then offer a solution.

Overall I think that the whole process was a bit over the top and excessive for what is a entry level job with a low basic salary.

Interview Questions

• Why Sky?
      Give an example of a time when you helped a struggling co-worker.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The initial "package" offered was £20,500 but this was made up by extras I.e. broadband, incentives etc, the actual salary however is only £14,500. Can't quite see how hey came by the extra £6,000. Out of this if you want pension contributions you must pay 3%, this comes out of the £14,500. They also appeared very unorganised when it came to the start date and documentation required. After the interview and being offered the role it took over a month to get a start date, which was in total about 2 months after initially applying. They also at the eleventh hour requested documents which were going to take weeks to come by, but they wanted they urgently, should have been thought about earlier when making the offer. The other issue was they do not get reference checks it is your responsibility to get your referees to contact them, never heard of this before. Considering it's a very low wage the actual application / interview process is excessive. Telephone interview, group excercise, one on one interview and role play. Wasn't difficult just excessive.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time where you went above the call of duty to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online - basic details about me, work experience and a 'personality test'.
    Next stage was phone interview, why sky? what do you know about sky? what is good customer service? and around 4 competency based questions. Told at the end of my call that I was successful and was invited to the assessment centre.
    This lasted over 3 hours, lots of sheets to fill in, role play and interview, and team work exercises along with a test assessing your technical ability on broadband. there were about 12 people in my group.
    Assessment centre was on the Saturday and I got an email and phone call to say I had passed the recruitment stage by Monday afternoon. very quick process.

Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Step 1: Online application
    Step 2: SHL testing
    Step 3: Video Interview
    Step 4: Assessment Centre

Took about 2 months all-in-all, the wait from the online tests was the longest part, about 1 month

Interview Questions

• All situational questions in both video interview and assessment centre   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

1st stage a computer multiple choice questionnaire eg what is a firewall
    2nd stage taken into a room on your own to do a presentation. Why sky, why you, qualities you have
    3rd stage interview with 4 different people
    4th stage role play in the call centre

Senior Financial and Operational Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted via a recruitment advisor from sky via LinkedIn. She didn't seem to understand what the role was, although was very nice. She took my cv and put me forward for an interview with the head of audit.

Interview Questions

• How do i sell the need for an internal audit team to the chief executive?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief and not very informative about what the role entailed. I found out very little about the company or role before I started and regretted joining. Sky, more than any other place I have ever worked, has good areas and bad areas, managers that have no clue and only some that are good. Overall they attempt to keep employees sweet with extra benefits like parties, events, occasional games but only pay lip service to real team togetherness. This starts form the interview process which is the weakest point - they hire quickly and get monkeys - and no amount of throwing peanuts is going to change a bad hire. It dilutes the company and makes it harder to succeed. If you get an interview - be prepared with good questions about why you want to join sky and really try hard to find out what you will be working on and a bit about the team you are working with. You may get in a good team with good people - if you're lucky.

Interview Questions

• Minor questions about previous work and experience.   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was quite easy and they got back to you in a good amount of time. I enjoyed the interview process as they helped you to relax.I would recommend the company to others.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

1st stage was telephone interview with a couple of competency based questions, 2nd was interview over Skype with a more Senior Manager and was more of a general discussion around where I seen the role developing.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't find any questions all that difficult, the conversations were relaxed and friendly and centered on subjects I had a full working knowledge of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took their offer without negotiation as it was 5k more than my role at the time and that didn't take into account the additional benefits such as free Sky Tv and healthcare.