Sky Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview to discuss skills experience and the role.

1st face to face interview discussing experience and motivation.

2nd face to face interview discussing skills with a short excel based test.

Great experience, both hiring managers were nice and explained the role thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with multiple deadlines for different stakeholders?   1 Answer
    • How many people are there on the London Underground right now?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

There are two stages: Telephone Interview and Experience day.

The telephone interview entailed a Sky representative asking various questions about examples of providing and receiving excellent customer service.

The experience day was a group activity. Each candidate performed various tasks such as Role play, opinion based answers and questionnaires.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you went over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I replied to an advert. About two weeks later I was asked to interview. The interview was fairly standard with some behavioural questions. There was also a legal question sent before the interview which was discussed. I also met some of the legal team. However, that was the last I heard of the matter despite asking for feedback. I chased after the interview and received no reply. It would have been nice if SKY had the courtesy to come back and tell me they were not taking my application forward instead of "radio silence"

Media Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process contained an online application highlighting your suitability for the role followed by a face to face interview with 2 hiring managers and a basic maths test. Once completed I was contacted by the hiring manager to confirm I was success ful

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sky?   1 Answer

Tech Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was a 20 minute phone interview which covered technical questions and scenario based questions. A couple of the technical questions had couple of answers that would be right but you had to pick one. The only problem I had was that I was told the face to face interview would be fairly close to me. When I had the date it was at Sky's HQ.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Useless! The recruitment person from Sky got in touch with me(via Linkedin) and asked me for a convenient time to speak. Then he began to avoid me when I tried to get in touch with him. If he filled the position, the least he could do would be to inform me the position was closed. Or ma be there wasn't an available position and he lied! Seemed dodgy to me!

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A Phone interview with two team members - not the managers which lasted around 30 mins.
    Followed by a 2nd face to face interview with a media plan task 8 days later.

The task was very generic, create a media plan for a 10 part UK Drama for Sky Atlantic using Sky Inventory. Think about how your plan would differ if after episode one the entire series was launched on sky boxsets.
    Media plans are completely subjective so it is helpful to know what kind of audience you would like a plan for, that would test the media planners knowledge of the audiences for each channel.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 interviewers, they seemed to do this good cop bad cop performance, one was nice, the other passive aggressive. It's 2017 it's a little outdated for me personally.

They had developed a new interview process with new questions that they were trying out for the first time and to be honest, they were extremely boring. They even looked bored asking me and I was often stuck for an answer because it was so dry. You need to develop an interview plan that is far more engaging.

E.g. Interviewer 1: When was the last time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it? (this was one of 3 questions about making mistakes)

Me: I have checks in place to make sure that I make minimal mistakes but we all make mistakes and they are integral to the learning process and doing a better job as long as you move on from them. For example in the reports I currently process and submit to a wider team I treble check my results and at times I ask a team member to help check or for assistance if necessary.

E.g. Interviewer 2: What do you do if you need to learn something new and you don't know how?

Me: Find out who knows and ask them, next time I can do it myself.

E.g. Do you know what adsmart is?
      Me. No
      Interviewer 2:: For example when I got engaged (throws left had up to display her ring) my facebook feed began targeting me with wedding content...THEN when I got married it began to advertise baby, baby, baby content.'

So basically in a nutshell it is a software that allows you to specifically target viewers based on minute details such as where they live, their interests, what pet they own etc...

Interviewer 1 had his sleeve in his mouth throughout the second half.

The problem in the UK is very simple, people think that because they are interviewing that they are free to do whatever they want and that they too are not being reviewed, which is in fact the opposite of what is happening.   Answer Question

Service Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a twenty minute telephone interview. The human resources manager asked ridiculous questions such as have you ever had a major commercial disaster in your career. If I had had a major commercial disaster why would I tell her about it. Furthermore this question insinuated that I had had a major commercial disaster. I don't think that insulting candidates is a good recruitment strategy.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a major commercial disaster in your career?   Answer Question

Head of Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

3 months before I got an initial acknowledgement via a talent resource.
    Interview arranged for 2 weeks after.
    Very poor interview.
    Line manager 'old school' no eye contact, nightmare. No smiles, no water offered , no apology for running late - just very poor overall experience and not up to scratch with interview techniques
    Beautiful offices/environment though if that floats your boat

Interview Questions

I felt based on the interview panel it was not a warm place to work

Install Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward nothing out of the ordinary............
    Questions on scenarios mostly - checking what your problem solving skills and experiences are like. How your customer service background is etc.
    Questioned by individuals, asked to complete a few tasks and then a medical. They literally employ anyone! And then fire them just as quick! New entrant turn around is the worst I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• The bog standard customer based ones   1 Answer