Sky Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.2

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A Phone interview with two team members - not the managers which lasted around 30 mins.
    Followed by a 2nd face to face interview with a media plan task 8 days later.

The task was very generic, create a media plan for a 10 part UK Drama for Sky Atlantic using Sky Inventory. Think about how your plan would differ if after episode one the entire series was launched on sky boxsets.
    Media plans are completely subjective so it is helpful to know what kind of audience you would like a plan for, that would test the media planners knowledge of the audiences for each channel.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 interviewers, they seemed to do this good cop bad cop performance, one was nice, the other passive aggressive. It's 2017 it's a little outdated for me personally.

They had developed a new interview process with new questions that they were trying out for the first time and to be honest, they were extremely boring. They even looked bored asking me and I was often stuck for an answer because it was so dry. You need to develop an interview plan that is far more engaging.

E.g. Interviewer 1: When was the last time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it? (this was one of 3 questions about making mistakes)

Me: I have checks in place to make sure that I make minimal mistakes but we all make mistakes and they are integral to the learning process and doing a better job as long as you move on from them. For example in the reports I currently process and submit to a wider team I treble check my results and at times I ask a team member to help check or for assistance if necessary.

E.g. Interviewer 2: What do you do if you need to learn something new and you don't know how?

Me: Find out who knows and ask them, next time I can do it myself.

E.g. Do you know what adsmart is?
      Me. No
      Interviewer 2:: For example when I got engaged (throws left had up to display her ring) my facebook feed began targeting me with wedding content...THEN when I got married it began to advertise baby, baby, baby content.'

So basically in a nutshell it is a software that allows you to specifically target viewers based on minute details such as where they live, their interests, what pet they own etc...

Interviewer 1 had his sleeve in his mouth throughout the second half.

The problem in the UK is very simple, people think that because they are interviewing that they are free to do whatever they want and that they too are not being reviewed, which is in fact the opposite of what is happening.

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Application.
    Then telephone interview. Basic Competency Questions. Give Example of Problem Solving? Example of Customer Service? Example of Health and Safety? They tell you if you have passed or not after the questions. I passed and invited to Assessment Centre.
    In the assessment centre, there was only 4 people including myself. They gave introductions to the company and job role.
    First task, we split into two groups facing away from each other. given Meccano play pieces. Each group told to make anything we want from the Meccano pieces. Then we had to instruct the other group to make the models, without seeing what they are doing. They checking on how you give instructions.
    Second task, we had to pick a location on the customer house on where the Sky dish had to be installed. Then you discuss where, how and why on the chosen installation to the "customer"/interviewer. They checking your customer service and communication skills.
    Third task, we given a map, list of customers we needed to visit and timings. We had to plan our route. then with the interview explain the chose route.
    Fourth task, personality based interview. this was different to any interviews I had. cannot give examples, just direct answers. questions were about you justifying your personal traits. like, Why do like to help customer? Why do like to solve problems? Why do you like practical?
    in between the tasks, sometimes we have a break and opportunity to talk to a Field Service Engineer. Here is the chance to ask about the role and what it is really like.
    At the end , they tell you whether you have passed it or not. For me I have passed, and waiting to be called up for training.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you solve the problem. What was the problem and what did you?
      Give me an example of customer service?
      Give me an example where you carried out Health & Safety procedures?

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a very interesting process. It included a Phone call, a meeting with an art Director, and a senior designer (a talk around portfolio, past projects, and Usual process), followed by UX & UI Task, and presentation of the designs to the Director, UX and UI Designers. Sky team was lovely, everyone was very helpful and positive. They were interested in the whole process. Hand sketches were very welcomed. Exploration phase received positive feedback. The only part I would change- I would prepare more than 3 final high-polished versions.

Interview Questions

• Could you tell us something about Design problems that you've solved during Project X?   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

application including three or four 250 word questions and CV (has a space for cover letter but isn’t needed), online tests, skype interview, day assessment centre.
    Whole process was fairly quick and heard back about final outcome before Christmas. Interviewers were friendly and structure of whole process was clear throughout. If you had any extra questions they were very easy to contact and would get back to you quickly too.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

interview experience insights with job:
    Lengthy screening & lot of waiting to get called for the next stages.

They asked to appear for Test
    Face to face interview with whiteboard exercise
    Asked questions about technology Front end & Frameworks
    Also lot of personality type questions
    Overall realxed but challenging processs
    Needed to wait for week or so to get the the feedback

Group Finance Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

There have been three steps. Initially I was contacted by external consultant then I had a telephone call with Head of Audit. This step was more on potential rather tha techical assessment. A face to face technical interview followed in Isleworth. It took me three hours. It was a technical assessment indeed with businnes case to be solved. The last thirty mins there was a face to fase discussion with the Audit Director. Questions raised at last time slot where not really job focused but around overall business and corporate comprehension. So be prepared to unconventional assessment.

Interview Questions

• What are "claims code" managed by Customer Care office used for?
      How did you improved the bottom line?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a 30-35 minute telephone interview then an unnecessarily lengthy 3 hour face-face interview.
    Felt more like a chat than an interview which was good for calming the nerves.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled in the application forms, which involved scenarios in the workplace, and the went for the interview in London. We was all asked to find out 3 facts about each other, one that was interesting, one that would surprise, and one that we all had in common. Then we had a sheet each and had to decide out of the list which 3 was most important to customer service. Then we had to go through each others list and decide what were the most important out of all our lists. Then we had a grouproblem discussion and then role played a sales experience, which involved on person selling and the rest with a sheet out paper to play out, the person selling had to approach the others and try to decide which package they want, and get them to buy said package. The came the strength based interview, which required us to fill out a questionnnaire and answer it.

Mobile Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 stage interview - telephone & F2F : Overall experience is negative

3 team member + hiring manager did the telephone interview which is odd because generally hiring manager does that; fortunately I cleared that invited for f2f
    It was bit weired becuase the interviewer named in email( almost 7 days ago) wasn't aware of this interview happening, but he came to took me to one of meeting room & later come back with his interview questionaire & only talked for 10mins sort of 1- general question, 1- behavioural question & long term career aspiration( in 5-10 years time) then handed over remaining interview process to rest of the team which was slightly immature & no manager present while they are interviewing( bit odd). There were technical questions around testing & test automation, which I thinkn explained properly because they look satisfied with the answers.
    I did not recieve any feedback until 2 weeks when called in (to their internal recruiter) got a no reply saying my long term career aspiration is too high(so keep low aspiration if going to work at SKY ;|) for the role I applied but when asked for detailed feedback, it was mentioned that she was never sent off any written notes but team verbally said what they could remember from that meeting but later got an email saying they were looking for a specific skill which I never had mentioned on my CV.
    Overall it appeared the team members who did interview are shortsighted & inexperinced - unable to understand & relate to broader picture which their manager might have thought of, when he shortlisted me for F2F following telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you structure the test case while automating.   1 Answer

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Brutal. Little engagement. Disinterest throughout. Sentences were short and the interview seemed annoyed from the word go. When trying to explain to overturn some negative comments the interviewer was piling on some more negative comments. The interviewer communication was fast paced and seemed annoyed to having to repeat or clarify ooints

Interview Questions

• You are not very experienced.   1 Answer