Sky Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

3.1

215 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

The application process first involved an online application including online scenarios about customer service responses. After a day I received a call to do a telephone interview for the following day. It took 30-40 minutes.
    After this I have to go to an assessment day.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Role play then speed date cbi interview was a different experience but very much around fun and enjoyable. It's a very impressive set up with amazing staff benefits everyone seems happy and wants to succeed which is great!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I had a phone call to arrange a phone interview...... passed both and was invited for a Experience Day. All in All was a pleasurable experience.
    Unfortunately I wasn't offered the job but that hasn't phased me as it was an amazing experience

Interview Questions

• Tell Me A Time You Have Had To Deal With Stress   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief background check questions, to confirm your name and address , dob, phone number etc, then went on to the actually interview question one, there was only one, thought they would be more as said the interview would last 40 mins, but it lasted ten to fifteen. At the end said I had passed the interview and then invited me to an assessment day and explained what th assessment is.

Interview Questions

• Q. Explain a time you overcame a problem   1 Answer

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application followed by online test which involved a psychometric assesment, if you pass this stage (you will notified by email at the end of the vacancy date and sky will email you to let you know and a telephone interview will be arranged (usually at their own convinience). Questions will be why do you have a passion for customer service and tell me a time when youve worked as as a team (stuff like that) If you pass the telephone interview (they tell you on on the phone) you will then wait a few days for another call to tell you an assessment date (again at skys own convinience, so be prepared to be available whenever) assesment day normally at a hotel not too far from your home for me Liverpool it was Warrington holiday inn, woolston grange. Assesment day included an external assessor and 2 fairly local team engineers and the assesor who did not work for sky he was just a contractor who sky hire for job interviews he had never picked up a tool in his life so he or she will be looking for strength based candidates and someone who is good on the day regardless of how you will perform on the job! So be outgoing, be confident and basically stand out but in a professional manner. The day took 3.5 hours roughly and consisted of a online intro to the sky role (which you can just youtube yourself) then moving tables out of the way to look at how you move furniture, then we Had to build a Meccano set with random pieces and no details of what to build and how to build in our groups (there was only 2 of us) so we split up back to back facing away from each other and relay the instructions to the other candidate' so he can build what i built from nothing then vice versa i built his set by him telling me the instructions, Then we compared. Then we had to do a job schedule excercise puttin your days jobs in order from a-h with hazards and other issues like texts from customers so rearrange as needed, you need to use time scales and dont forget to include your lunch hour allocation on this task(which is critical to the assessor) and the text from FRED at the bottom of the sheet asking for help!!!Then role play to the assessor in another room about were about you would install satellite dish on the given housing diagram (which you have 15 mins to look at plan before hand before you actually do the role play) then by jotting down hazards of the property(which may affect your task installing the dish and wiring.In the role play the assessor acting as the customer will ask awkward questions like but i dont want the dish in that location why cant it be in this place and you need to be quick thinking for this as its just like speaking to a customer (so again be confident people) .Then after this task you will need to tick off 10 stength based questions why you like helping others tick either thats me or thats a bit like me or not very much like me but then again in anothe room the assessor will go over everything you have ticked and question why you ticked it so if the one of the questions is for example 'why do you like helping others?' Dont tick its a bit like me, because he will ask ok then so whats you makes you believe its only a bit like you so theres two sides to each answer to explain when he asks. If at the end you are offered a position, you will have to go a do medical with a nurse who told me you have to do give a urine sample to test for glucose which is weird as you already tell then beforehand any medical conditions! So it will be a drug test more like so if youve been to Amsterdam and smoked legally or smoke just like people like to drink alcohol on the weekends, then youll have to detox for the interview as they test for THC aswell as other drugs. Be confident, theyre not bothered about your practical skills even if your a fully qualified electrician! Be confident and prep your strength based questions and stand out but in a good way also try to look for job schedule assesments online and practice!!!

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online tests, month later got an email saying they wanted to do a telephone interview but then an email saying job was full, then get a phone call saying this was a mistake and they did want to do an interview. This was quite long took about 45 mins but was straight forward. Passed that and got invited to assessment centre, me and two others basically a practical test, then two or 3 different activities -customer services based. Passed that and did a medical, was really happy to pass as it was around 5 hours I was there, they made out that the job was basically mine...Got an email the day after to say the job was filled but then I would be kept on file for 6 months and assessment centre honoured...phoned up and the guy said this happens sometimes and would just have to wait and see basically. Fingers crossed

Retention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

The interview was really friendly and informal. We were given loads of information about what the job involved and got to talk to 3 different managers. Not as intimidating as most of the interviews I've been to.

Interview Questions

• How do you find out about what a customer needs/wants   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky in June 2017.

Interview

Hearing from the radio that sky we're hiring I really like the idea of working for sky! It's really the only job I've been interested in so decided to aply
      First I had to do an assessment on line answering lot's of questions about how I react to certain situations , and generally how I am as a person. This is not as easy as it sounds as friends didn't pass this point because it tells you at the end if you have been successful or not.
    If you have then they will invite you to the 2nd part of the process a telephone interview.
    However after waiting for over a month for my email explaining we're and when the telephone interview will take place I had to call them twice to ask what was happening finally I got my email after lots of chasing? ?
     It takes about 45 minutes and it's generally questions about yourself, your knowledge, your understanding of the position of the job and how much you know about customer service, once again they tell you how you do there and then which is great!
    After this you are finally asked to come to there assessment centre for a face to face practical test and lots of people asking you to jump through lots of hoops for (4 1/2 hour's? ) It's extremely brutal as they are relentless with the questions and the process in general ..
    The good part again is they tell you if you have been successful there and then. My process was to be kept in a room and they would take people out one by one until there was only 5 people including me left!
    The guy came in and said that's the hard part done this is the good news congratulations you have passed through our strict assessments welcome to sky! ! He also told us that the job was only 95% guaranteed as this was subject to passing a medical, credit check, and references, All pretty much standard stuff .. he said baring any unforeseen circumstances welcome to Sky.. and that was that they will now be in touch with us in the next couple of weeks to make the necessary arrangements. .
    Well that was on the

Interview Questions

• I was offered the job on Thursday night after the interview, went home told my wife we celebrated!

received an email on Friday evening at 7:30 informing me that there was no jobs available? ? however my file was being kept for 6 month's? ?   3 Answers

Media Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isleworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Isleworth, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process between applying and receiving feedback took around four weeks. I applied online, got asked for a telephone interview with the recruiter a few days later, then was invited to a physical interview with the media sales team at their HQ.
    Their campus is beautiful, and the day was a lot of fun, as all the candidates were really friendly. We started with a group exercise; to plan a marketing campaign for a BMW car on their stations. We then had to complete a maths test and a Sky Media quiz answering facts about the company. Finally, we had 'speed interviews' where we each sat with one team member at a time and they each asked one question. Half were about the company, and the other half about yourself.
    In my feedback, they said I did really well in the interviews, but they felt my nerves come through in the group task. They told me that I would have been chosen if they had one more position, but they could have said that to anybody, so cannot say how true that is!
    The majority of questions asked and focus appeared to be on what candidates knew about Sky Media, rather than what we could bring to the table, and the group task appeared to be tailored to the male candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about our channels...   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about our competitors...   1 Answer

Rententions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview & experience day.
    Experience day was 2 hours long, a bit extreme considering it's for a call centre.
    Wouldn't recommend this at all! The people in my group were lovely but overal it was a waste of time!
    One of the interviewers was extremely judgmental & wasn't very nice. The other candidates also said the same!

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that you thought one of our interviewers was judgemental. We always want our candidates to feel comfortable throuhout the... More