Sky Zone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

1.6

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Zone.

Interview

I showed up 20 minutes early for my interview. As he ran over with the applicant before me, he started loudly complaining that his next applicant hadn't shown up and was obviously very unprofessional. When I came up and shook his hand he tried to play it off as if he had been talking about people from earlier in the day. Strike.

After my interview he told me he wanted to schedule a second interview. However, he only had one time slot and it was during my job. I offered to interview via Skype or FaceTime, but told him that as a professional I was not willing to flake out on even a job I was leaving. He seemed impressed but never got back to me. After ignoring two of my follow up emails I called him. He basically blew me off saying he hadn't heard back from the regional manager yet and would call me very soon with my time slot. Two days passed before I emailed him again. This time I got a response informing me they had filled the position.

To tell a candidate that you're very impressed with them and that you want to schedule a second interview only to blow them off without a shred of communication is as unprofessional as it gets. Bad-mouthing people you've never met to other strangers whom you may potentially be hiring to work for you is even worse.

The man who conducted this interview was visibly exhausted and overtly jaded with the entire process. Regardless, he is being paid to put on a smile, ask the questions that need to be answered and to always conduct himself properly.

Thank god I didn't blow off my job for a chance to work with such a child!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

Printed out an application, filled it out, and turned it in. Following week I did a follow up and called to see if they had the chance to see it. They said they'll look at it that day. The next day I received a call asking to come In for an interview. I went in for an interview the day after. They asked me standard questions, are you good with kids? What's your experience? Then I got offered the job the same day and begin training on the 21st. Fast, easy, and simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Maumelle, AR) in April 2014.

Interview

First you are asked to write an essay on how you can create a "wow" experience and you turn it in when the application is due. The next thing is the interview and after that is over you will receive a email if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to yell across the room to show that I wasn't shy.   Answer Question

Event Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Zone in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through a job site. I was called about the job about a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. I had the interview in Mid-Nov and still haven't heard anything back yet. I called about the job to follow up about a week ago and they said they are still hiring and that they were still really interested in me. Been almost a month and haven't heard anything back yet.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Zone.

Interview

The interview was not hard at all. I applied online and in about two hours I got a message from the manager to come in for an interview the following week. I prepared myself for this interview thinking i was going to be drilled with questions but i was not. The interview was too easy they asked me what was my favorite color and other childish things. I know they want to be creative but they do not hire people with some skill the company as a whole will be skill less.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite color?   1 Answer
    • What type of animal would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • What sports teams do you like?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Torrance, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I asked the manager at the time if they were hiring, came back when they opened to get an application and dropped it off a few days later. Got a call from the new manager and they said they were going to hire me but were looking for a position. Ended up getting the job a few days later, 1:1 "interview". Hired on the spot.

Currently they formal interview process is once the fire enough people they gather up all the applications, bring everybody in for a 15 min interview with 2 or 3 managers. You'll get a second degree in which they'll hire you on the spot. They hire 95% of the applicants then fire the ones that suck 3 weeks to a months later.

Party Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I didn't have one. I received a call to come in for unspecified reasons, I assumed an interview. When I got there, the manager that "interviewed" was dressed in sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie and had her hair pulled up in a bun. She basically approached me with papers and told me, "Well, you got the job. I'm assuming you want it or else you wouldn't have applied. Bring these back to my office when you're done filling them out." Really? I'm sorry, but that is just totally unprofessional and quite tacky. If I were the CEO of Sky Zone, I wouldn't want my managers representing the franchises in that manor.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Cutler Bay, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was welcoming and successful, I had got asked for a 2ND interview right on the spot because of my resume. It was great because it all happen so quickly but smooth!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Sky Zone   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sky Zone in July 2015.

Interview

No interview given, this is surprisingly common for this branch of the company, was hired on the spot and told to come in for orentation on Thursday, orentation was a waste of time read from a book about what skyline was all about the whole process took about 5hrs

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky Zone (Glen Mills, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at Sky zone glen mills. The process took 5 days. The interview was quick and friendly. Manager was very nice and good at explaining the duties of the job at hand. Went over my application that I filled out before the interview. I got a tour of the building. The interview was only for about ten to twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with kids.   1 Answer