SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

269 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Filled out app online and attended open house. Asked to answer a question in front of the group then baed on how you did you were awarded a 1 on 1 interview. 1.5 weeks lATER I RECEIVED A CJO

Other Interview Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Miami, FL).

Interview

You can go to any interview session as long as you apply beforehand. Once you get there be prepared to answer a question similiar to "Why do you qualify for this position." Everyone in the group will go up in front and answer one by one. The catch is that they tell you you have 60 seconds but no one is timing you. Be aware not to go over the time, use this short time to answer the question but also take control of the room, bonus points if you can make everyone laugh!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in December 2017.

Interview

They start check-in at 5, and separated us into two groups and put us in separate rooms. They started their introduction at 6. Two flight attendant talked about the company, training, what to expect, and then they answered anyone’s questions. We then went on a 5-10 minute break and then went around the room for everyone’s 60 second presentation for “what would make you a great flight attendant?”. Make sure you don’t go over 60 seconds!! Focus on work experience and qualities that apply to the question. PLEASE do not say “I love to travel” or say that you are nervous during your presentation. Just stay calm and be yourself! After everyone has gone (it took about 2 hours, there were a lot of people there!!) we all took an hour break for them to choose who got the f2f. I was lucky enough to get a f2f!! They chose about 40 people out of group of I think almost 200. Those who got the f2f were brought into a room to fill out some paperwork, and then we were all taken out of the room and called out by name one by one to have the interview. Again, stay calm and be yourself! They went over my resume and asked a few questions about that, then they asked me things like are you comfortable relocating and do you have any visible tattoos? Then they asked typical situational questions as well as had me read an announcement off of a paper. Then I was told I would hear back via email in the next 2 weeks. Overall, the entire process lasted from 5(check-in) until about 11. Super excited and I’m feeling confident! Good luck everyone!!

Advice: bring a snack!! I was starving by about hour one of the presentations.
    Practice your speech, but don’t memorize it! Keep it natural and conversational, but don’t get TOO casual. Remember, it is an interview for a job. (had a few people in my group talk about drinking alcohol..)
    MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THE COMPANY!! Two people said ExpressJet during their interview and one person said Southwest..
    And lastly, make sure you dress professional!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • What kind of customers annoy you?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone gets up and opens the over head Nim before take off?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone approaches you asking for a different seat because the person they are say next to is large and requires a seatbelt extension?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a week later received an email inviting me to the group interview in my area. Went thru that process...pretty easy. After about 45 minutes of them deliberating they posted the names of the ones who got a one on one and everyone else was instructed to leave if they're name wasn't on the list.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview, very nice, kind friendly recruiters. Very informative. Really enjoyed the whole experience. Arrive early, dress the part, do your homework. Be ready to give a speech in less than 60 sec. as to why you will make a great Flight Attendant. Mingle with other applicants and smile.
    It’s not stressful at all. After everyone gives a speech. They choose who will be offered a F2F. Only 8 out of the 40
    people were chosen for the F2F. Thankfully I was chosen. After after the F2F. Wait for a email within 2 weeks to know if your are offered the CJO or TBNT.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Atlanta Dec 7 2017. Arrived to the interview at 5:00pm and signed in. Went through a line where we turned in our resume and we were asked a few basic questions. We then were measured for our height requirements. At 6:00pm the session began. The recruiters reviewed company policies then began a Q & A. We completed this by 6:50pm. We were asked to proceed at 7:00 or dismiss ourselves at that time. We then began the 60 second intro of why we felt we would be a great flight attendant for skywest. There was 2 rooms going about the same pace about 150 people total interviewing. We concluded at 9:30pm and we were told to come back at 10:30 to look for our names for a one on one interview. My name was on the door so I preceded at 10:30 to the room of about 25. We filled out a form for the recruiters and waited patiently to be called back. I went back at 12:45am. I was asked several questions situational and asked to read a card. The one on one was very calm and relaxed. I believe the ultimate test was our mood and endurance for a long time of different hot and cold rooms to a late night interview. I enjoyed all the conversations with other candidates. Good luck. Hopefully we all got job offers.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

group interview in Seattle. Dress professional and look over the questions on glassdoor. Recruiters were friendly. Made it to second rounds and now waiting on a final email to confirm start date to TBNT. Fingers crossed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in SLC on Nov. 14. There were about 60 people and a good mix of men and women. When you first arrive you check in and are immediately asked to remove your shoes to be measured. Then you are free to do as you please until the interview officially starts. I suggest picking a group of people and talking to them. Make friends! It makes the process a lot easier and less nerve wracking to have people rooting for you. Next a recruiter will give a talk about the company and then you will take a break and prepare to answer the question "Why would you make a great SkyWest flight attendant?" It is NOT why do you WANT to be a flight attendant. Don't make that mistake. You have 1 minute to answer. After everyone has a chance to answer then you take a longer break so the recruiters can make a decision on who gets to have a one on one. They will choose about 15 people. Could be more or less. If you are selected to continue to a one on one they ask you a series of situational and behavioral questions and review your resume. After that they thank you and say you will hear back within 2 weeks. It's been 5 days since my interview so I will update if I receive a CJO. From what I've heard it takes about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be a Flight Attendant   8 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Completed an online application and went to an open session. Recruiters provided information on the company and attendees allowed to ask question post presentation. Attendees were asked a question to respond to in front of all the attendees and recruiters one by one. Recruiters then deliberated and chose a portion of people for a face to face interview.

It was a great experience for everyone; both nerve racking and fun.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great flight attendant?   8 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

Same as everyone has shared before. Make sure you applied online. Dress professionally. Bring your resume! Check in. Get measured and sit down to hear about the company. Take a break, when you come back you answer Why would you make a good SkyWest flight attendant? Take another break and they post a list of names who make it to the f2f.