SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They start off with a brief overview of what the interviewing process will consist as well as what they're expectations are for the position. Then everyone has a minute each to get in front without a mic and tell why the think they'll be great for the FA position. They specifically inform you to not go over the minute and to not clap until after everyone is done, so don't! Lol. Once that's over there's a 45min break for them to decide who gets a face-to- face interview. Take that time to go over the questions they'll ask. After the 45mins they post their list. The one i went to only 7 of 40 made it to face-to-face. If you're selected they have you fill out your information and give you an overview of what to expect if you make it to training. Once that's over the excuse everyone out of the room and they conduct they're 1 on 1 interviews. Even though it's about 4 of them they still do 1 on 1's.

Interview Questions

• what do you think will be the most difficult for you if you get the job   16 Answers
  • what would you do if a passenger stayed on a business call during and after your announcement?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a passenger was sleep with earphones on and the fasten seatbelt sign came on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely dress the part! No crazy colors, have your hair neat and nice, band always be aware of your body language, and for the ladies, Skywest requires you to wear mascara and lipstick or tinted lip gloss, i didn't do this so be better than i was lol. Be very honest and personal. In the 1 min intro don't get too personal realize it's your job no married with kids speech and mention how previous jobs have helped. In the 45 min break use that time wisely to prepare and calm your nerves if needed. If you're not on the list don't be discouraged if this is really what you want to do. If you are one the list be yourself.

Other Interview Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Interview

I applied as required for all potential applicants, then I waited for the response from Skywest I received it less than a week. To select any of the upcoming locations and dates with the available time, I selected April 19 in El Segundo, CA.
    SkyWest expected a large number of applicants so two rooms was reserved this is an estimate about 40 applicants in the first room, not sure how many applicants was located in the other room. We stood in line and waited to enter, you must have a resume. You will not be allowed to enter the informational session, I seen several people scrambling and others were turned away at the door.
    Once we enter the room everyone in the room was very nice sharing their stories, not one person wasn't approachable. After the presentation and Q&A we were instructed if this is not for you, you don't have to stay, we were given an half hour to return to the room for the next stage.

Okay folks what you read previously about the process is not all true, it is "SO" competitive to become a flight attendant for SkyWest, we were given one question to sell ourselves in 60 seconds.

You have to be confident and poise when you speak. Do not bring a paper and read from it this is a no, no. Of course you need to smile you have to given genuine examples that your own personality comes out.
    Out of the 80 applicants about 40 each room only "FIVE" from each group was selected to move on to the face-to-face interview. I was shocked only five names was posted on the door!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I first applied online through Skywest website in order to attained the recruitment event at a Atlanta hotel on March 7th. I traveled from Orlando as this was the closest event they had to me. Sign-in is from 5-6 pm , with doors closing at 6 PM SHARP, so do not be late!

A nice SkyWest flight attendant started by explaining the history behind Skywest and the requirements for the FA job (NO visible tattoo, MUST BE willing to relocate to another state where their domiciles are and you HAVE to attend training on the date that they inform you of). After a brief Q&A she informed us to take a 15 mins break to see if the company and job would be a good fit for you. Also PLEASE ,PLEASE,PLEASE be prepared to give a speech on WHY YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD FLIGHT ATTENDANT in under 1 min. Before attending the event I researched for weeks on Glassdoor and prepared a speech and it helped sooooo much! Give your career background and examples of how you gave great customer service. DO NOT mention:where you are from, pets,family etc. AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE, there were so many people that gave a speech who were not smiling and looked too cocky or they were too nervous to remember about their posture and presence.

Even if you are nervous try to mingle with the other ppl who are there, it will help with the nerves and show the recruiters that you can socialize with other people.

DRESS PROFESSIONALLY! I tried my best to look like a flight attendant so in the recruiters eyes they can in-vision me being apart of the team. Black dress pants with stocking, black closed-toe heels no more than 3 inches, white button down shirt with a nice blazer. Hair pulled back into a bun , light makeup with red lips and pearl earrings.

After your speech the recruiters take 45mins to decide who gets a face to face interview. I was lucky enough to be picked and was interviewed by the nice FA who went over the company history. She ask common customer service questions and to read a flight announcement, remember to smile while reading. I also asked questions about the company and for advice to show I researched and showed interest.

Overall a great experience for a airline interview, be prepared to be there from 5-6 hours and dont forget to have a positive attitude. I meet alot of nice people and everyone was so supportive! Now I have to wait 2 weeks to see if I have been accepted for training in Salt Lake City or not. FINGERS CROSSED !

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?

What kind of people do you not get along with?

How would you handle a kid kicking a seat with a passenger in the front?

Name a time you give a great customer service experience.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview is an open house format. Doors opened at 5 pm with interviews starting at 6. Was told to be there closer to 5 rather than 6. Showed up at 5:15.
    They split us into 2 groups of roughly 40-60 in each room.
    2 Flight Attendant Recruiters went through the job requirements, info, schedule, etc. Most all of what they covered is available on SkyWest's website.
    Each person then stood up for 1 min and spoke on why they would make a good flight attendant for SkyWest. I was told to be yourself and that they are looking more for how you present yourself and how you sound rather than the content itself.
    The recruiters then excused us for 45 min while they discussed our presentations and reviewed our resumes.
    They posted lists on the door of who attained a one on one interview, of which 12 out of my group of roughly 40 made. The other room had 13 move on. We then waited and waited some more. I was one of the last persons chosen out of 25 and left the building around 11:30.
    The one on one was pretty straight forward. Questions are listed below.
    Haven't heard back yet via e-mail, but was told it can take up to 2 weeks.
    *Update: received my offer 6 days later. Looking forward training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant with SkyWest?   Answer Question
    • Scenario: I'm a passenger still on the phone when the door closes. Roleplay with me how you would respond.   Answer Question
    • What critical feedback have you experienced in the past that you've learned from?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

If you have tattoos don't bother going! The company's website specifically says that tattoos are not allowed while IN uniform. Upon arriving the recruiter said that they were not allowed at all, and that your body would be checked for them at training. I still believe that this would be an awesome company to work for, but they are missing out on amazing employees with this policy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (El Segundo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They started off with a brief overview of what the interviewing process will consist as well as what are expected for the position. then 15 min break after which everyone has a minute to tell why the think you'll be great for the FA position. They specifically inform you to not go over the minute and to not clap until after everyone is done. then another 45 min break for them to deliberate for the next round... 13 in my group out of 50 were chosen... unfortunately i was not chosen.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

It was an open house interview. I arrived an hour early just in case. Eventually everyone else showed up, the recruiters take our resume. Then they check our height. Next we listen for about 40 min about the company, training, relocation, and pay. Next was a 15 min break. Afterwords we had 60 seconds or less to go in front of everyone (it was about 30 people) and say why we think we would be a good flight attendant. Don't talk about family/personal stuff, focus on the professional aspect. And seriously don't go over a minute. Dress just like a flight attendant. Look professional.

Interview Questions

• have you applied online prior to this (you should), do you know anyone that works for skywest, or a relative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I suggest arriving 30 minutes early.
    They take your resume, make sure to bring it.
    They split you into two rooms of about 50 people.
    They take your height.
    Brief overview of the company
    Break 30 mins.
    SPEECH TIME - why you would make a good flight attendant.
    be positive, friendly, smile often, be professional, be nice.
    Break 45 mins.
    The pick the top candidates.
    They go back into the room and wait for the 1 on 1 interview
    After your 1 on 1 interview you can leave
    They will contact you through email if you got it or not.

This interview experience was amazing, It made me more excited to start my career at Skywest. The interviewers were very friendly, caring and nice, be positive, you got this!

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself working as a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

Below are all the questions i was asked in the face to face. The initial question is; Why would you make a great flight attendant for skywest? You present your answer/speech in front of everyone, and they chose from that if you will get a face to face. (You have around one minute to present your answer/speech.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a lot of work to do and your co worker was reading a magazine?
      Why skywest?
      Name a time you were criticized, how has it shaped you?
      Why did you leave all of your previous jobs on resume and why do you want to leave current job?
      What kind of people do you dislike?
      Name a time when you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?
       What do you look for in a career?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Flushing, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They make you present yourself in front of all the candidates, typically around 30 or so candidates showed up and all gave a great presentation. After the candidates presented themselves and answered the question they had to answer in front of all the other candidates, the recruiters basically chose out of those group of people who made it to the next part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the perfect candidate to become a flight attendant ?   1 Answer