SkyWest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.7

235 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

If you have tattoos don't even waste your time or money or energy to go to this interview. I love how they stated on the website that if you have a tattoo (even if you were planning to get it removed if you got the job) to not attend the event, oh wait they didn't. Total disappointment.

Other Interview Reviews for SkyWest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went in an open day hiring at San Diego yesterday September 6, 2017. I arrived at 5pm and they asked me for a copy of my resume. Then they measured my height to ensure I am between 5' - 6' inches tall. We waited until 6pm for more applicants, they closed accepting at exactly 6pm. Approximately we are 50 inside the room. Then one of the recruiters talked in front about the company. He briefly explained everything from relocating, salaries, benefits, policies, etc. We were then asked if we have questions and a lot raised their hands. After that we were given 15minutes to decide if we want the job and if we adhere to their policy. A few people left the room. Then we were given 60 seconds to explain WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A GREAT FLIGHT ATTENDANT? I honestly feel that I did good. In fact I received compliments that my speech was great. I talked about safety and customer service. I even dressed the part! I wore knee length skirt, stockings, blazer and bun my hair. They told us to wait for 45 minutes as they are going to post the names of people they choose for the one on one interview. I WAS SHOCKED that those who were chosen were the people who talked about how they love traveling, no experience in customer service, and were not properly dressed. I am disappointed because I am well prepared for the interview yet I was not picked. They told us that they will not give any explanation why you did not get an offer but you can still apply after 90 days. My suggestion is to be yourself and to talk to everyone because the recruiters are observing you! Show them that you are a people person and smile a lot! I think the speech doesn't matter but how you behave while waiting during idle time. Good luck everyone!

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Palm Springs, CA).

Interview

On their website, they list open house interviews in cities across the US. I applied on line and brought my resume with me to the sign in table with a huge warm smile and introduced myself.
    I was super confident, I just had two co-workers fired at my current job and I knew I am a great employee. I ended up interviewing with the same woman later and felt super good about the interview process. I felt like she really liked me.

Interview Questions

• They want you to introduce yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview environment was comfortable. Be ready to speak for LESS THAN 60 seconds on why you would make a good flight attendant. Be sure to dress in business professional attire. Have a current copy of your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They start off with a brief overview of what the interviewing process will consist as well as what they're expectations are for the position. Then everyone has a minute each to get in front without a mic and tell why the think they'll be great for the FA position. They specifically inform you to not go over the minute and to not clap until after everyone is done, so don't! Lol. Once that's over there's a 45min break for them to decide who gets a face-to- face interview. Take that time to go over the questions they'll ask. After the 45mins they post their list. The one i went to only 7 of 40 made it to face-to-face. If you're selected they have you fill out your information and give you an overview of what to expect if you make it to training. Once that's over the excuse everyone out of the room and they conduct they're 1 on 1 interviews. Even though it's about 4 of them they still do 1 on 1's.

Interview Questions

• what do you think will be the most difficult for you if you get the job   18 Answers
    • what would you do if a passenger stayed on a business call during and after your announcement?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a passenger was sleep with earphones on and the fasten seatbelt sign came on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely dress the part! No crazy colors, have your hair neat and nice, band always be aware of your body language, and for the ladies, Skywest requires you to wear mascara and lipstick or tinted lip gloss, i didn't do this so be better than i was lol. Be very honest and personal. In the 1 min intro don't get too personal realize it's your job no married with kids speech and mention how previous jobs have helped. In the 45 min break use that time wisely to prepare and calm your nerves if needed. If you're not on the list don't be discouraged if this is really what you want to do. If you are one the list be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Got there an hour early. There were 3 people in front of me. 5pm came and we gave them our resumes then went in and waited until 6 pm. Brief talk about company and any questions answered. They told us we were to deliver a 60 second speech on why we would make a great flight attendant then 10 minute break. Advice: Focus on skills and experience. Then speeches. Then 45 minute break. They post names on door. Those who made it stay for interview. Those who don't leave.

Everyone who I talked to was nice including the individuals running the event. There was a another candidate who made it to the interview who mentioned that there was alot of drama amongst the candidates. I honestly wouldn't have known if she hadn't mentioned it. Stay focused on what you are there to do and you won't even notice that stuff.

There were about 40 people in the room I was in, only about 10 made it to the interviews. None of the girls who wore the neck scarves made it. There were two rooms though, not sure how many made it from the other room. I left after my interview around 9:45pm. I was told we will receive emails within two weeks to know if we were selected or not. Have not received an email yet.

Make sure you dress professional. I wore a pant suit with a blouse, mascara and red lipstick. No other makeup. Speak with confidence and relate your work experience to the job. Make them feel like they would be safe in your hands and that they can rely on you. If you look through others comments on glassdoor you will be fully prepared. I did and I definitely felt prepared.

Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• If the plane was about to take off and the mother could not get her child to put on their seat belt, what would you do?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview. You sit in a room and listen to the detailed job description of a flight attendant, take a break. When you come back, you answer the question that they gave you before the break. They give you another break after listening to the answers and then they will place a list of names outside the room, if your name is on the list then you made it to the face to face interview. They let you know that they will let you know something within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important quality you think a flight attendant should have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a open house in Las Vegas on Aug 8th. There were about 30 candidates there. Check in was at 5pm and it started promptly at 6pm. During check in they Check your height to make sure you meet the min and max (I would recommend wearing a skirt suit or pant suit only 3 ppl including myself were dressed like this and 2 of us made it through) Look the part!
    A recruiter comes to the front of the room to tell you about the company and give you more in depth info about the position and what to expect. Talked about piercing and tattoo policies. THEY ARE STRICT! Then we took like a 5 min break and was told that we'd be introducing ourselves to the group and ask to explain why we would be a good flight attendant.
    Don't give short or drawn out answers, don't talk about your family or any personal stuff, smile! be excited! Don't mention you've never traveled before or you want to travel and you need money! Don't tell them you're crazy and everyone needs a crazy person on the shift (These are some things that were done) lol talk about how you love to help people, safety and giving great service. After we were done with introductions we were told to wait in the lobby for 30 min while they deliberated on who would get to move forward to the next stage and receive one on one interviews. The names were posted on the door. There was about 11 names and mine was one of them.
    We were then told that we would be called in individually and have one recruiter interview us. My recruiter was down to earth and easy to talk to. She asked me a lot of situational questions and typical interview questions. After we finished she said I would here something within 2 weeks. On August 21st I got an emai inviting me to training in Jan 2018!

This was a great process I prefer this practice over major carriers. Video interviews are so impersonal and awkward.

Drug and Background will be done at training.

Interview Questions

• What is your work style?   Answer Question
    • The plane is fully booked. There's a family of 4 that's isn't sitting together. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Palm Springs, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they give you a options to what recruiting state dates you can attend. Brought my resume. We meet at a hotel where there was two ladies that greeted Jill and Diana(very kind), they take your resume and measure your height and offer water and wait inside room with rest participants. Jill went over Skywest qualifications.

Interview Questions

• We are called out by name stand up in front of group ,asked ..What would make you a great flight Attendant   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

You will have a brief overview of the Company. Short break. If you stay you will then be called up (in the order in which you arrived) and have to introduce yourself to everyone & answer the same question everyone else will answer as well: Why would you make a great flight attendant.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a great flight attendant?   2 Answers