SkyWest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Palm Springs, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and also helpful. There was a panel of 2 persons. There was no testing involved only oral questions. I got a chance to ask about the hiring process from here as I never had a job as an A&P mechanic.

Interview Questions

• Mostly safety questions and the ability to get along with others and avoiding confrontation.   1 Answer
    • How do I feel about working graveyard and holidays   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You stand up in front of a group and you talk about why you would be a good flight attendant. There are no other questions. They like to see how you do in front of a group under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good flight attendant.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a dishonest co-worker and what actions did you take?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an intoxicated passenger?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed, Researching information on here helped a little bit, but when we got there things were done differently . I’m just waiting on a response back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your job?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

Important:
    Dress business professional. Black, white, navy, grey.
    Speak slowly, confidently, and be SPECIFIC about why you would be a great fit in their airline. Everyone has some sort of customer experience, so instead narrow down qualities you believe would make you a top asset. Do not ramble on, make a point and smile!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in February 2020.

Interview

I sent in an application on January 27 and then about a week later went to the open interviews they were holding in my city. Since it was such a small group, everyone got to do 1on1’s. I remembered to smile, point out my strengths and have a genuine conversation. After that, she told I’d be receiving an email saying whether or not I got the position and the training date. I got my CJO Friday, Feb. 28th and my class starts in May!!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online in January 2020 and received an email inviting me to participate in a group interview. I selected the earliest interview within the closest proximity to my home city which occurred in February 2020. The recruiters spent the first hour describing the flight attendant role and SkyWest as a company with a few questions from the group. I believe they typically begin with group interviews but since the group was fairly small everyone had the opportunity for a 1-on-1 interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiters were really cute and very pleasant and professional and our group of candidates also seemed like a great group of people. They said I would receive an email in 3 weeks to invite me to training and exactly 3 weeks I received my offer and I am in the May training class! So excited!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

It begins as a group interview. They first spend about an hour explaining details of the job, training, what to expect, etc. Then they give the group a short break and when you get back they give everyone a chance to introduce themselves and explain why they would make a good flight attendant... which can take awhile depending on the group size. After everyone has gone, they give the group a longer break so that they may evaluate each candidate. Then they post on the door a list of names of those who passed for an individual interview. From there you simply wait for your turn, do the interview and they tell you that you'll receive an email in 4 weeks as to whether you have received a CJO or not.

The group interview and individual interview happen on the same day. I put that the process was 4 weeks long because that's how long it took to hear whether I passed for training or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Houston, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process was very informative, first everyone was in a group and gave a 60 second speech, then if they thought you had what it takes to become a potential flight attendant you were chosen to have a one on one interview. Whole process went very smoothly

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I attended open interview in LA, stood in front of the room and introduce yourself and why you want to become a flight attendant? After you get selected for the the 1:1, depends on your experience with, if you have flying background they will ask you more questions about flying. If none then just general questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

Very chill and comfortable.. the recruiters was nice and funny .. met great people. I feel really confident that I got the job but I’m still doing other interviews just in case

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

Presentation given by recruiters, followed by one on one interviews, since it was a small crowd. Took roughly 3 hours. Will find out after holidays if we receive a conditional job offer, which was nice, considering they may not want to disappoint anyone before the holidays.

Interview Questions

• We were advised not to post questions, but they are customer service and safety oriented questions.   Answer Question