SkyWest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Tucson, AZ) in July 2018.

Interview

I felt the interview process was a very pleasant experience. The interviewers definitely gave the impression SkyWest is a "family oriented" company, by "family oriented" I mean they give the impression that their fellow co-workers were their family. I haven't included interview questions out of respect for SkyWest's interview process. i believe in not giving out questions SkyWest gets true and honest answers rather than "canned" or "rehearsed" answers. I am still awaiting an answer, "yay" or "nay" within the 2 week time frame given by the interviewer. No matter the outcome, the interview was a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Questions were geared toward the S.T.A.R. method. Situation Task Action Result.   4 Answers

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Saint George, UT).

Interview

Overall an unprofessional experience one of the most ridiculous interview situations I have participated in. The HR represenitive I dealt with was unprofessional, throughout the entire process. Before committing to fly to Las Vegas for the interview, I asked critical questions, such as pay and benefits, but was told that all my questions would be answered at the interview, even though she knew at that time that my minimum salary requirements for 10 years of experience, and for a family of five would not be met....

I took the time to interview and was offered a position, but was told they would only start me at a fraction of my asking pay, which is completely unrealistic to live on unless you are single and not paying rent, which I told them. I was upset that I had to take away time from my current job to interview, when they knew full well what they weren't going to offer me a minimum. When I asked why they couldn't pay me the amount, they said "we aren't a major airline, and mostly hire just starting out applicants." Then I asked, well, why did you call me?" They answered, "because of your vast experience." "But you aren't willing to pay me for it, and wanting to start me out at nearly base pay?" And, they replied, "Exactly...." At that point I laughed, thanked them for wasting my time, and walked out. It was ridiculous.

Fortunate enough for me, I was contacted a couple of weeks later by a carrier who appreciates and does not under-value experience, which is why they are successful. Avoid Skywest, even if you are new to the field...they are not the kind of company you would want to start your career with. It may sour your outlook on the business, which overall is a fantastic career path.

Interview Questions

Does not compensate for experience.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. You meet with the base manager and answer pretty standard interview questions. Know how aircraft work (duh), know basic interview questions and procedures, be personable and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in A&P school.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

No surprises, the only thing that upset me was that they said I could do unlimited OT at my location. What they don't tell you is that you have to wait 6 months till the end of your probation before doing any OT. Also you cant get taxi qualified till after your probation is over. Also they quoted me 18 per hour, but that wasn't my base pay. Thats base, plus location, plus night shift differential. Little shady if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Typical straight forward interview questions, Google them. Only one that tricked me up "Name some of your negative points and how your working on them"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Boise, ID) in February 2014.

Interview

Ok. Group interview. Each person has to stand in front of room/ say why they want to be a flight attendant. If you make it through that round it goes to one on one. Situational and hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your employer and how did you resolve it. What is the most important role of a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Did an online interview first and then I came in for just a 15min questioning. Really relaxed. I got the job right away and been there for two years now.

Pilot, First Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a job fair near Seattle 16 December 2017. After a brief overview of the company and it's history, we were brought in for an interview with a current Skywest Captain.

The interview consisted of technical, regulatory and weather questions. It took about 1/2 hour. At the beginning of the day we were all told that no one would be offered a position that day. I was called the following Monday and offered a class date.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Saint George, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

They start with a one way online interview. Then assuming they are interested, you will be called into a face to face interview. Understand, they usually know who they are going to hire for a position, so you will have to wow them if your not that person.

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

easy process, arranged own travel to the skywest interview, drop off resume, then took off shoes and be measured height against a wall, then a brief company overview will follow, then prepare a speech for 60 seconds in front of the whole group, took a while to go through everyone's speech, roughly about sixty applicants on that day.

Interview Questions

• each applicant will be asked to stand to the front of the room and tell the group why they would be a good candidate for flight attendant position with skywest.   Answer Question

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a call that they were interested and were accommodating for interview times,the hiring manager was very professional and courteous,i didnt get the job but the Manager personally called me to let me know which is awesome in my book as he had told me he would either way it went

Interview Questions

• List socket sizes between 7/16 and 5/8   1 Answer

Airline Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SkyWest Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

Very nice process and professional people friendly, respectful very helpful, clear they want to success the interview super nices guys enthusiastic very young people I get my offer of employment