Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skyworks Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Skyworks Solutions

2.9

RF Engineer Interview

Interview

Some questions about Smith chart, C-MOS analog circuit, transmission line, S parameter, Amp design.... Those questions are simple, but if you answer those basic questions well, they will dig deeper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

I receive a email, ask me for the available phone interview time. the question was not difficult, matching network, transmission line, filter etc. I can feel the interviewer has much experience in RF.

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions in October 2015.

Interview

Got an interview with them during campus career fair. The interviewer was an alumni, and was very interested in my senior design project. Asked many questions about it, plus some basic RF questions. Got two phone interviews after that, but in the end they couldn't offer me a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Group first. One on One later. • RF/microwave transistor amplifiers
    o Various power amplifier classes – differences/pros/cons
    o I/V curves, load lines, operating points, bias
    o Low noise amplifier circuits
    • Impedance matching using a Smith chart – with inductors, capacitors and transmission lines
    • Passive circuits - Filters, duplexers, directional couplers, and other passive RF components/circuits
    • S-Parameters
    • Use of simulation tools such as ADS or HFSS
    • RF test equipment
    • Receiver circuits
    o Superheterodyne, direct conversion, pros/cons/differences
    o Phase noise, Sensitivity, Noise Figure
    • Modulation types and PA circuit implications

Interview Questions

• • RF/microwave transistor amplifiers
      o Various power amplifier classes – differences/pros/cons
      o Superheterodyne, direct conversion, pros/cons/differences
      o Phase noise, Sensitivity, Noise Figure
      • Modulation types and PA circuit implications   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview followed by an on-site interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks before the offer was extended. Process could be longer depending on the schedule time for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Projects, general RF question, smith chart, passive components, amplifier   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

I applied online through company website, the hiring manager emailed me several days (less than a week) after I submitted the application, and scheduled a phone interview which last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• LC tank, dBm conversion, some device physics, and some other basic analog/RF questions, can't quite remember.   Answer Question

RF Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (San Jose, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter and continued with a brief interview.. One month later I was contacted again with a request for a phone interview. The following month I was contacted about scheduling an in-person interview. The in person process consisted of 7 total 1:1 interviews over a span of 8 hours and was treated to lunch.

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

By and far the most difficult interview questions I have ever been posed. Initial job requested two years of experience and a bachelors in EE, of which I met easily. Initial interview was over the phone, 45 minutes of basic technical questions. Follow up interview a week later consisted of an initial meeting with the primary interviewer for 15 minutes, then a quick discussion with the CEO of the Skyworks branch. This was followed up with a 1 hour, 9 member panel interview, two shorter one-on one interviews, a 1 hour lunch-interview, and 3 more one-on-one's to close out the afternoon. With the exception of the lunch interview, all were technical oriented questions that became progressively more difficult throughout the day. Everyone was very professional and nice. I was later declined for the position, as they wanted me to have a few more years of experience and to finish up my Master's degree.

Interview Questions

• When you interview for a technical position with this company, don't look at what they 'require' for the job. They expect you to be an expert in your entire discipline. Many of the afternoon questions were well above and beyond the scope of the job they were hiring for. Very detailed theoretical questions on transistor circuit topologies and functions.   Answer Question

Component Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions.

Interview

interviewed with the whole team 5 people, about simple circuit questions and past experience and projects. Basic personality and work effort questions. Be presentable and focused and should be fine.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyworks Solutions (Newbury Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then contacted a week later to come in for six 1:1 interviews that lasted almost 4 hours. Was asked about different parts of my resume, behavioral questions (what would you do in this situation?), and technical questions relating to mechanical engineering. Was tested on SolidWorks and AutoCAD on the computer.