Slack Training Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Slack

1 Interview Review

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Slack (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, the recruiter emailed me to ask me to do a written exercise which consisted of 4 questions about how I would do the job, what tools I would use, how I would make improvements, etc. I was given 3 days to complete it. A week later the recruiter set up a phone interview with her. At this point I was already annoyed. To ask a candidate to do work before they've even gotten to speak with the hiring manager is highly unusual. Then to just advance them to talk with the recruiter after doing the work is a joke. The work sample is enough of a screen.
But, I went along with it....
If you do interview with Slack, be prepared to tell them how great they are and why you want to work for them. The majority of the questions are about that and less about your accomplishments and skills you bring.
Lastly, do not tell them your salary range. When asked, I made the mistake of telling the recruiter my range even though I wanted more information about benefits and total comp. I justifiable turned the question around on the recruiter and asked what their range is. She said she didn't know, would need to look into it and that their HR system was down. Not only was this totally unprofessional, but an insult to my intelligence. We all know that you know what the salary range is so don't jerk people around during an interview and lie. If you are going to ask what a person's salary range is, then be prepared to have a straightforward conversation about compensation. That was all I needed to know about Slack and their level of professionalism. I'm sure they use everyone's homework assignments to get free work. Don't do it!!

Interview Questions