Slalom Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Slalom

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I participated in an interview process after someone at the company reached out to me, I didn't actually apply. The interview process was unstructured, but quite pleasant. I was invited to meet others and to tour the offices, spending longer than was planned at this "informal" interview. The HR person indicated that she was very positive about our interview and would be moving forward. Then ... nothing. No follow-up, no response to my follow-up email, nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on their website. About a month later I got an email from a recruiter, who set up a phone screen. Pretty simple conversation, just going over my resume and experience. Next interview I went in and talked to their lead recruiter. Very laid back conversation, again going over my experience and what I was looking for. They also talked about Slalom and their values.

Last round was three interviews in a row with the team I would be working with. These were conversational, going over my experience and how that would translate to the work I would do at Slalom. A few curveball questions here and there, but nothing too crazy.

After the interview, the recruiter told me they would have a decision in about a week. It would take them over a month to get back to me, with me emailing them in the interim but getting no response. By the time I heard back, I knew I didn't get the job, but would've at least liked to get a more timely response. They also didn't offer any constructive feedback when I asked for it. So overall, the interviews themselves were fine, but the aftermath was pretty off putting.

Interview Questions

• Go over your experience and how does that translate to the position.   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here. We appreciate the time and consideration you gave Slalom in the process. Timely communication and the ability to give our candidates... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First phone interview, then an HR on-site interview, then a set of three On-site interviews. The last set of on site interviews are rapid fire so you'll be talking for half an hour.

Talk specifically about what you want to do in the future and what you like doing.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for interviewing with Slalom and for leaving your feedback here. We're glad your experience was positive. Though it doesn't look like the timing was right for you to choose Slalom at the... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiting team at Slalom is organized and super helpful. They got back to me quickly after each interview, and the entire process(from application to job offer) took about a month and a half. They are flexible and work with your schedule, and offer phone or skype interviews for those that are located further away. Everyone I met with throughout the process was genuine and was excited to be working for this company. Overall, it was a seamless and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Apr 23, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback! We're pleased to hear the recruiting team was able to facilitate a helpful and organized process for you, and that it all resulted in your decision to join Slalom... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

Three hour-long interviews, back to back. Each with a pair of employees. Each interview sought out a different skill set. The three phases were EQ/customer service, ethics/regulations, and business acumen - which included a presentation about summer internships.

Interview Questions

• Ethics questions, establishing willingness to break guidelines and go against best practices. Tested resolve.   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom, and for your investment of time in and preparing for the interviews themselves. We appreciate you sharing... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

1) Contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen.
    2) Invited to meet with a senior recruiter in person.
    3) Invited to meet with senior members of potential team in person. This ended up being two back-to-back interviews with three people total. The first interview focused on behavioral/cultural fit and hypothetical questions for scenarios involving clients, while the second interview focused more on my technical qualifications and prior experience.

My experience was very positive due to both of the recruiters I worked with throughout the process. They were both warm and friendly and quick to follow up after each interview stage, and our conversations were always informative. I really appreciated the way they stayed in touch with me throughout the hiring process and readily answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about technical background, prior collaborative experience, and how to handle hypothetical situations involving clients.   Answer Question

Sep 16, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're happy to see you had a positive experience with timely and thorough communication from the recruiting team - just as... More

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR) in June 2018.

Interview

Three interviews. The first two were more or less the standard getting to know if you would be a good fit and asking questions about your background and resume. The last interview was a technical interview where they wanted to see what you could glean from a data set.

Interview Questions

• If you are given an incomplete data set, how do you make recommendations going forward knowing the data is not all there.   Answer Question

Sep 14, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thanks for taking a minute to share a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're happy to see your experience and the outcome were both positive! Congratulations on the offer and... More

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR) in July 2018.

Interview

Best interview process I have ever been in!

Everyone I met was genuine and interested in what I have done in career so far. I could tell that they loved working at Slalom which made me want to work there as well. I applied online and got an email a few days later to meet for coffee with members of the recruiting team. I then got moved to the next round of interviews where I got a phone call from a consultant and we went over my resume as well as asking me some behavioral interview questions. The final round I was brought into the office for a technical interview which was a data / SQL test in a case format.

Overall, the experience was amazing and I'm happy to say that I have joined the Slalom team!

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Sep 17, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Wow! It's wonderful to see that your experience interviewing with Slalom was the best you've ever experienced - thank you for the great feedback! We're so happy to have you on the team!... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very long but pleasant. There were about 1000 applications for this position, so networking is VERY important to get the attention of recruiters. I had a contact there from college that gave me a referral, and I used linkedin to connect with other employees and do mini coffee dates to learn about what they do.

After gathering a few referrals, I was contacted by a recruiter to have a general phone screen. This was easy and short. The only thing they asked me that caught me off guard was "Are you interviewing with other companies right now?"

Then, I was invited for an in-person interview with a senior manager in Talent Aquisition. This was very personal, relaxed and casual. It was clear that I was to drive the conversation, however. The only thing that I was directly asked was "So, what's your story?". It was up to me from there to make conversation and connect. This interview was used to determine which practice area I was best suited for, so make sure you've determined what you want before this point by connecting with current employees.

Then, I was invited for a case study interview in my practice area. It was another 30 minutes with a consultant level professional who got to know me by asking about "my story" and also my hobbies. Then we did 15 minutes discussion on a business problem which was simple and based on resolving the issue of falling revenue.

Then, I was invited for a final round interview with a Practice Area Lead (PAL) in my practice area. This was another casual interview. I was not asked a single interview question. Instead, I asked questions and got to know the person.

I think I would have preferred if more of the interviews had been scheduled on one day. It was a bit of a pain to take so much time off my current job to keep coming to Slalom for interviews. I applied and began networking in November. I was finally contacted to begin the official interview process in March. We were finished by May. Each experience was pleasant and unlike other interview processes that I've had.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're happy to see that overall, your experience was positive, pleasant, and unique. We... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Never thought I would be writing one of these type of reviews but...
    Did many informational interviews, was referred by a higher-up employee. I connected with two separate HR people as well as several analysts. One of the HR folks said, "we won't be the ones to make you wait; I know you have a few offers/timelines you need to meet, so we'll get you in the office as soon as we can". Amazing conversation, 12/10, blown away. Was very riled up and excited for a chat in office.

Then asked, a week later, when the interview would take place. No answer. Emailed other HR person inquiring when. "We'll get back to you on the dates as soon as possible."

I thought to myself, "wonderful". Two weeks later, still nothing. Emailed again -- the one who was super nice never replied to me again. The other said "Friday is the day where we are trying to set up a date." Sure enough, on Wednesday, I receive another email. At this point, it's been two and a half months since the start of my contact with Slalom. It says, "we have to cancel interviews for now, but will get back to you asap on when the new date is." The new set date is 3-4 weeks from the date in which the email is sent.

Since then, never heard back. Am not surprised. It's incredibly insulting, when I have talked many times over the phone and have emailed back and forth upwards of 14 times. I have found another employment opportunity in the meantime, and of course, have never received a "set date" back from Slalom. If you aren't planning on hiring or having me on coming into the office, just say so. The lengthy back and forth is inexcusable -- please do not waste my time. Will be telling others about this negative experience as I have interviewed with numerous companies of all sizes and have never been treated this way.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 1, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We are certainly disheartened to see this feedback as it is not consistent with the goals we set for... More