Slalom Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

One phone screen, one phone interview, and then one on site interview with the team. Very smooth and streamlined experience especially for an out of state recruit. The actual onsite interview consisted of 8 or so individual conversations with the different related teammates. All in all one of the best interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• What is the direction you see yourself wanting to take this role beyond the expectations of the position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through the Slalom website. About two weeks later, a recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. After some back and forth, we were able to find a time to connect. The phone interview wasn’t too difficult - we discussed my background and geographic preferences. The recruiter said he would follow up with the local office to see if they were currently hiring.

And then…nothing. I emailed and called the recruiter to check on the status of my application, but I never heard from the recruiter again. I understand recruiters are busy, but some sort of feedback, even if it’s just a brief note saying Slalom wasn’t hiring at the moment, would have been nice.

During our phone conversation, the recruiter was upfront about how Slalom tries to hire based on need so that people aren’t sitting on the bench without work to do. Every office works somewhat independently from the other offices.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Sep 5, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to give all candidates a positive experience, regardless of the outcome, and in your case it sounds like we had a miss. We recognize... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was a skype interview which is a general HR screening process, and the NExt step was an over the phone technical screening interview. It was fairly informal, as a way to get to know the candidate, but should be treated as a serious interview

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Jun 7, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience with Slalom in the recruiting process. Your feedback has been noted and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews.
    The first one with recruiter, second with two consultants. Conversation was very general, only one behavior question, most was generic talking about my past projects and consulting skills

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Mar 13, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for interviewing with Slalom Consulting and taking the time to leave a review of your experience here. Your feedback is a helpful data point in our continual efforts to provide a positive... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had three or four phone interviews with the recruiter before I was asked to meet my potential boss for coffee. I arrived for a casual coffee sit-down but the interview was moved last-minute to a conference room at Slalom.

Overall, the interview was a positive experience and they were open to my questions about the culture and the open position.

However, they took over two weeks to let me know they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about gathering business requirements in this scenario?   1 Answer
    • What do you think are the three most important traits of a business analyst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very structured interview process. First met with recruiter to discuss background, experience, company culture, etc. to ensure a good fit. Second round of interviews was with other Business Analysts at the firm. They asked specific questions about previous projects, clients, implementations, etc. The final round of interviews was with practice leads and executives to align skill sets with the correct channel and understand the vision of the practice overall. All throughout the process there was just as much information shared with me as there was information asked of me. All the interviewers were very warm, open, and honest. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Speak to a time when you had a particularly difficult client. What were the difficulties you faced, and how did you overcome them? What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process was not professional. I was unhappy to talk with the HR person from Slalom, and the recruiter was unprofessional and it seems that they did not take the work seriously. I do not like that culture.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I apply through Slalom's career portal and am immediately contacted by a recruiter. I propose a date and time, including the time zone, for a phone call. Four days later, and one day before the interview, the recruiter hasn't confirmed yet. I follow up; the recruiter is booked at that time but proposes another time, and after some confusion on time zones (again) and having to provide my phone number multiple times, we have a phone call set up.

I wait for 20 minutes for the call; no call is received. I follow up and ask what happened. Recruiter accidentally scheduled me for the wrong day. We speak the following day and I am invited to interview with two individuals in the office. I am on my own to arrange travel; Slalom did not offer help and I live in another state.

I interview in the office and both meetings go well. I am told the next steps are to interview with a workstream lead and the managing directors of the office via phone. I email recruiter to set up those interviews. No response for two weeks. I follow up again. A week later, recruiter contacts me to set up an interview in the office with the workstream lead. I propose a date and time to speak over the phone. Recruiter asks on Tuesday if I can meet with the workstream lead in office...on Friday. I reiterate that I live out-of-state and cannot arrange travel with this short notice. I propose several dates where I can switch my travel plans to meet with Slalom in-office...no response. Last I heard from recruiter was over a month ago.

Started off promising, but nothing ever materialized, as usual. Please inform your candidates if you're not pursuing them anymore (but this isn't even the case here).

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom in May 2012.

Interview

I met with the HR person at their SF location for 45 mins for an informational interview.