Slalom Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Standard software engineer oriented interview process. First interview was basic phone interview with an hr recruiter, the meet and greet type thing asking about my background and basic projects that I've done. The second interview was another phone interview, but it was a technical screen with a software developer at the company. This focused heavily on OOP, and about some web development things. The last interview was an in person interview with the team. I think there were various people/developers who interviewed me. The first half focused on what I knew and if I could demonstrate that on a whiteboard. The second half was company culture oriented. Overall a decent experience. The people at this company were very friendly. My one complaint was that this process took about 10 weeks from my initial contact with a recruiter. Kind of a long time to find out the result and in the end, for me at least, I didn't get a position. It was especially saddening that the employer put in the effort to set up a time with me to call about the result, only to find out that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• What's an interface? (OOP stuff)
      How do you create such and such class, etc? (Demonstrate if you can code, etc)
      Describe the structure of a project you have done. (Whiteboard)   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First chatted with a recruiter over the phone. Then met with the recruiter for a casual conversation over coffee. We both decided to move further in the process. Went through several rounds of interviews in the office and met with many employees. Overall it was a great process. The recruiter and employees answered any questions I had and always responded quickly to any emails.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers, print out Fiz if the number is divisible by 3, Buzz if divisible by 5 and FizzBuzz if divisible by both. Print the number if it is not divisible by either.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First phone interview, then an HR on-site interview, then a set of three On-site interviews. The last set of on site interviews are rapid fire so you'll be talking for half an hour.

Talk specifically about what you want to do in the future and what you like doing.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for interviewing with Slalom and for leaving your feedback here. We're glad your experience was positive. Though it doesn't look like the timing was right for you to choose Slalom at the... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

1) Contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen.
    2) Invited to meet with a senior recruiter in person.
    3) Invited to meet with senior members of potential team in person. This ended up being two back-to-back interviews with three people total. The first interview focused on behavioral/cultural fit and hypothetical questions for scenarios involving clients, while the second interview focused more on my technical qualifications and prior experience.

My experience was very positive due to both of the recruiters I worked with throughout the process. They were both warm and friendly and quick to follow up after each interview stage, and our conversations were always informative. I really appreciated the way they stayed in touch with me throughout the hiring process and readily answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about technical background, prior collaborative experience, and how to handle hypothetical situations involving clients.   Answer Question

Sep 16, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're happy to see you had a positive experience with timely and thorough communication from the recruiting team - just as... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very long but pleasant. There were about 1000 applications for this position, so networking is VERY important to get the attention of recruiters. I had a contact there from college that gave me a referral, and I used linkedin to connect with other employees and do mini coffee dates to learn about what they do.

After gathering a few referrals, I was contacted by a recruiter to have a general phone screen. This was easy and short. The only thing they asked me that caught me off guard was "Are you interviewing with other companies right now?"

Then, I was invited for an in-person interview with a senior manager in Talent Aquisition. This was very personal, relaxed and casual. It was clear that I was to drive the conversation, however. The only thing that I was directly asked was "So, what's your story?". It was up to me from there to make conversation and connect. This interview was used to determine which practice area I was best suited for, so make sure you've determined what you want before this point by connecting with current employees.

Then, I was invited for a case study interview in my practice area. It was another 30 minutes with a consultant level professional who got to know me by asking about "my story" and also my hobbies. Then we did 15 minutes discussion on a business problem which was simple and based on resolving the issue of falling revenue.

Then, I was invited for a final round interview with a Practice Area Lead (PAL) in my practice area. This was another casual interview. I was not asked a single interview question. Instead, I asked questions and got to know the person.

I think I would have preferred if more of the interviews had been scheduled on one day. It was a bit of a pain to take so much time off my current job to keep coming to Slalom for interviews. I applied and began networking in November. I was finally contacted to begin the official interview process in March. We were finished by May. Each experience was pleasant and unlike other interview processes that I've had.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're happy to see that overall, your experience was positive, pleasant, and unique. We... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Never thought I would be writing one of these type of reviews but...
    Did many informational interviews, was referred by a higher-up employee. I connected with two separate HR people as well as several analysts. One of the HR folks said, "we won't be the ones to make you wait; I know you have a few offers/timelines you need to meet, so we'll get you in the office as soon as we can". Amazing conversation, 12/10, blown away. Was very riled up and excited for a chat in office.

Then asked, a week later, when the interview would take place. No answer. Emailed other HR person inquiring when. "We'll get back to you on the dates as soon as possible."

I thought to myself, "wonderful". Two weeks later, still nothing. Emailed again -- the one who was super nice never replied to me again. The other said "Friday is the day where we are trying to set up a date." Sure enough, on Wednesday, I receive another email. At this point, it's been two and a half months since the start of my contact with Slalom. It says, "we have to cancel interviews for now, but will get back to you asap on when the new date is." The new set date is 3-4 weeks from the date in which the email is sent.

Since then, never heard back. Am not surprised. It's incredibly insulting, when I have talked many times over the phone and have emailed back and forth upwards of 14 times. I have found another employment opportunity in the meantime, and of course, have never received a "set date" back from Slalom. If you aren't planning on hiring or having me on coming into the office, just say so. The lengthy back and forth is inexcusable -- please do not waste my time. Will be telling others about this negative experience as I have interviewed with numerous companies of all sizes and have never been treated this way.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 1, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We are certainly disheartened to see this feedback as it is not consistent with the goals we set for... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

There where three interviews
    Two phone interviews one was personal getting to know me, the second one was technical and asking programming questions.
    And one in person. The interview in person was really friendly, I really like the people there. They bring you into the office and you get to talk to the office staff and get interviewed by some higher up staff

Interview Questions

• Questions on sql and software design   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have notl negotiated

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First they have you speak with a talent management agent, then the hiring manager and then a potential peer. Many of the questions are "touchy feely" about you and your past as they try and find a 'fit'. They make it seem like you are having an intervention. Beware of this tactic and stay true to positive and constructive answers.
    They will then use it against you and shut the door after they say you are a 'great fit'.

Later too many warning flags went off. As I had several offers I declined to proceed.

Interview Questions

• We are really about finding the right 'fit' and want you to know that all of us have been through difficult times. What is it about your last company that makes you want to leave.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was initially recruited via LinkedIn after my resume was reviewed and was noticed for experience at a large consulting firm.

I was brought in for an initial interview and asked for 180 references and then set up on 3 subsequent interviews, all at client sites (I offered to meet the interviewers, since I was mobile and unemployed at the time. They were very willing to meet me wherever I was available, however).

My first interview was with a consultant, and we discussed day-to-day operations and expectations for an incoming consultant. He was very upbeat, engaging, and enthusiastic. He was inquisitive without being prying, and it felt very much like a discussion and a 'getting to know you' session rather than a formal interview.

My next interview was with a project manager and felt more like a formal interview. I was asked about my previous experience and my take on business problems (how would I handle a difficult client, unexpected situations, personal issues with coworkers, etc). He was more direct and business-like.

They asked the next day if I could move the third interview back to their offices, and I found out that they were interested in making an offer rather than need the third interview. After reviewing their package and discussing terms (there was little/no room to negotiate, and the package had already been slightly above my expectations) I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience you've had managing a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I was initially reached out to by a Recruiter that found me via LinkedIn. I then completed 6 in-person interviews that were all 1:1. The process was thorough but well organized and I felt informed of my step/status throughout.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Slalom and why would this organization serve as the ideal next step in your career?   Answer Question