Slalom Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2018

2.8

285 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC).

Interview

Four in-person interviews that were mainly behavioral focused and a tech screening that involved analyzing a large set of data. The process was actually quite enjoyable and everyone on the Slalom team was extremely welcoming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was referred for a position by an old colleague. 1st interview : The recruiter was fantastic to work with. 2nd interview: Took a test in their office and got excellent feedback. 3rd interview: Met with hiring manager. Great conversation. From what I experienced at this point, I thought this company was too good to be true. And then. . . the 4th interview . Met with the MD of the group. He immediately told me he doesn't read resumes. He then asked me about my background. When I began to summarize my career, he cut me off and told me if he wanted to know about my career he'd read my resume. The codescending attitude continued through the whole interview. He made his judgement before we even spoke. I've had tough interviews, but no one has ever been that rude. After that experience, not only did I not want to work for them, I don't think I would entertain hiring them for a project if this is how their leadership behaves. Too bad, because their consultants and recruiting team are awesome people! I do think I dodged a bullet. This was the Atlanta location

Interview Questions

• How do you think that (interview) went? (asked by the interviewer)   Answer Question

Mar 26, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. We strive to give all candidates a positive experience and regret that this was not the case for you. We appreciate your investment of time in the... More

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Spread out over a few weeks, with successive interviews escalating up the chain. First interview was with the Recruiter, then a Consultant, then the Practice Area Lead, then finally the office GM. Interviewers were definitely looking for cultural fit, with the Consultant and Practice Area Lead focusing more on big picture questions to gauge an understanding of the technological landscape.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself growing professionally in a few years?   Answer Question

Mar 19, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate your commitment to the process and are pleased to see that it all resulted in a positive outcome - congratulations on the offer and decision to join Slalom!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruitment process:
    Recruiters were disorganized, lacked follow-up skills, and confused as to the job requirements however knowledgable about the company as a whole. I had a friend interview here having similar issues and since wrote them off. My impression is that once you get past recruitment, it gets better. Management either needs to pay more attention or hire experienced recruiters. Suggest to go directly to hiring manager, if possible.

Company:
    Leadership have impressive backgrounds in their fields. Everyone else is fresh out of college. Glassdoor ratings are high so employees are happy, but what about the clients? With most of the team having little or no real world experience, not sure but worth exploring further. Lower salaries than their competitors. Nice office downtown.

Bottom line: Check out the big consulting firms like Accenture, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or IBM to start your career. Matured company with better pay.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your perfect job?   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It is important that we are always working towards delivering a positive experience for all... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

Slalom's interview process is unlike other organizations. It is informal and very transparent. The "conversations" (i.e., interview) were casual and focused on getting to know me as a person - focusing on my working style, accomplishments, and goals. Unlike other consulting firms, Slalom does its best to bring you on when a project is lined up for you in order to minimize downtime. While I appreciate this decision now, it did make the interview process feel drawn out.

Overall, the interview process will give you a good feel for the organization and the people - smart, hardworking, and not overly concerned with formalities / titles, but getting the work done.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Feb 27, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the interview process with Slalom. Our goal is to make sure the interview feels mutual, giving ample opportunity for both sides to get to know each other... More

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to meet me for coffee on Wednesday. By Thursday the following week I had an offer. I was taken through two days of interviews, each with multiple decision makers, back-to-back. I ended up meeting with 6 people altogether aside from the initial recruiter that reached out to me.

Before extending an offer, they let me know what what project they planned to allocate me to and answered my questions about that project. This helped a lot when evaluating their offer because I had a pretty good idea of the type of work I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are been assigned to help a fortune 500 company design a process from scratch. How would you approach this?   1 Answer

Mar 26, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear you had such a thorough and efficient process, and that it all resulted in the great outcome of you deciding to join Slalom. Congratulations and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The people at Slalom were very friendly and cooperative. Flexible and willing to work with your schedule and understanding of your situation. They were very kind and asked fair questions.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Mar 26, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're so pleased to hear the process was fair and flexible. We appreciate your time and consideration of opportunities... More

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Hartford, CT) in March 2018.

Interview

"Refreshing" is the word that comes to mind to describe the interviews. As has been stated in numerous other interview reviews here on Glassdoor, the process was first and foremost around getting to know you and evaluating fit, then "consulting competencies," and only then for skillset and experience. After only a week with the company, I can already see the depth to which that care and nurturing of the culture pays off.

I was internally referred. Subsequently, two (or three) other colleagues added internal recommendations. The recruiter was extremely helpful and professional throughout the entire process, with quick, informative information at just the right time along the way. There was no phone screen (I'd guess due to multiple internal referrals). 1st interview was on site, two one hour conversations with team leads after which I felt like I was leaving with two solid new professional relationships even if I didn't end up joining the team. 2nd interview ~2 weeks later, a similar process, two one hour interviews in the office.

All of the interviews were more like conversations. Unlike other experiences, I wasn't "grilled," rather conversations may have been sparked by my background and experiences but that was just a jumping off point to get to know each other. That's not to say they were easy interviews, per se, in fact, I marked them here as difficult, but difficult in the context of if it was not a good fit it would not have gone well. I went into the first conversations prepared, having taken the time to learn about the company and its values, understanding that I should walk in the door as myself and it would be a fit or it would not.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions started asking about some aspect of my background/experience and evolved from there.   Answer Question

Apr 9, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Many thanks for your feedback and sharing this helpful review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We are so pleased to hear you found the process refreshing and that your experience was... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. HackerRank Test
    3. Onsite whiteboard interview
    The people are so nice. HackerRank test was straightforward but took some time to do. For sure I didn't handle all the test cases but I still got an onsite whiteboard interview

Interview Questions

• Sum all the digits of a long number. If the sum is 2 digits or above, sum it again until it return a single digit number   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're pleased to see that your experience was positive - thank you for investing the time to speak with us via phone... More

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC).

Interview

The best recruiting and interviewing process I have ever experienced! The process felt more like a conversation than an interview. It was intended to get to know me and for me to get to know the people and the Company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about what you do / what you're interested in doing?   Answer Question

Feb 18, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts on your recruiting process with Slalom. We're so pleased to see that our goal of facilitating a process that feels like a mutual interview (or... More