Slalom Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

222 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR).

Interview

The process started by reaching out to a contact within Slalom, and then having in-person meetings with both the GM of the Portland office and the Lead of the division I'd be joining (Information Management & Analytics). After meeting with both of them and describing my past work experience and my goals, I then had a call with a consultant who I'd likely work with, who gauged my experience and talked about the work they did. At this point I was sold on working at Slalom, and I believe they were sold on my ability to contribute.

Next, I came in a few weeks later to meet with 4 consultants in different roles (all separately), who did some light gauging of my technical skills and personality review, and also gave me a lot of opportunities to ask questions, as I would be brand new to the consulting world. The next week I met with the person who would be my potential boss, and we talked analytics and potential projects. A couple weeks later I received a verbal offer on the phone, and a few weeks after that I received the paperwork.

Overall, the process was positive, with the major exception being the amount of time it took - it took about 3 months from my initial email to my first day. I know that many of the people who interviewed me were consultants and were on client sites a lot of the time, which would make scheduling difficult, but starting after my initial meetings I had a friend get laid off, interview at multiple places, receive multiple offers, and start before me! Something needs to be done to streamline the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why the switch to consulting? What traits of mine would make me a good consultant? (There were some technical questions too but none that were unexpected)   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the interview process with Slalom. We're glad that, overall, you felt the experience was positive, and we've noted your feedback... More

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Tysons Corner, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was unique for sure. Initially, I was contacted by one of their recruiters after asking a colleague to pass along my information. The recruiter and I had a nice extensive conversation about who Slalom was, what they can provide and what was I looking for. I was then scheduled to come into their office for an interview with two of their team members.

When I came, I got a brief office tour, then I met with both team members individually, each interview ranging around 30 minutes. Upon inquiring about the remaining hiring process, one of the interviewees mentioned that it took them about 4 interviews to get an offer. Luckily for me, the other two individuals who I would eventually have to meet with were in the office, so they came in after the initial two that I was scheduled. I'm assuming this may be an issue for some people, especially if they have a tight time frame available for the interview, but for me, it was no issue.

Lastly, after meeting with the the four team members, I was scheduled a final interview with the General Manager of the local office about a week later. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and we touched on several topics, mainly focusing on who I was individually and what I could bring to the culture of the office.

After the final interview, I got an offer letter about 5 days later. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and got to meet many friendly people.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to make, salary wise?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to change jobs?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies and interests outside of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I inquired about Slalom when exploring career options. A couple of former colleagues were working there and had very good things to say about it. The interview process took place over a few weeks, with three of them coming in the last couple. I met with a recruiter, two lead consultants, and a practice director.

All of them demonstrated great professionalism and provided examples of why Slalom is a good place to work. To a person, they all mentioned how they liked the culture and how Slalom lives up to what they advertise as an employer.

Interview Questions

• What direct experience do you have helping an organization with an Agile transformation?   Answer Question

Sep 5, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It's fantastic to hear that we're doing a good job living up to our promise of helping... More

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiting manager and I had coffee to talk about the role and company.

A week or two later, I came into the office for an interview. Then, I received a technical screen prompt and came back to the office to talk about my final product and go through another few interviews.

Interview questions were mostly around career trajectory and culture fit. They gave me many opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? (coming from a non-consulting background)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (New York, NY).

Interview

Several phone interviews and then office interview with other consultants and leads. I guess I should of read some of the other reviews here first. Had an interview, everything seemed to go well and received good feedback. Ended up taking a lot of my time but no decision/no offer. Sounds like they are building out a "bench" of potential consultants for engagements they dont have yet. Otherwise seemed like a great place to work, just wish I did not waste so much time and energy on them.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 31, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here, though we regret to hear your experience was not in line with the positive experience we strive to give all our candidates, regardless of the... More

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter reaching out to me on LinkedIn. We had a conversation over the phone, then in person. Then I met with a Managing Director, followed by a technical interview with a Solution Architect. I then had another interview with a different MD and finally a Practice Area Lead. This was all spread out over 5-6 months. I enjoyed all the conversations and everyone was open about the fact that this was a long process due to the need to have a strong core team to start in a new market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you do now?
      What do you want to do?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience pertaining to the recruiting process with Slalom. We know opening a new market can mean a longer recruiting cycle... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and an initial phone screen followed by a half day in person interview session. Initial phone screen by recruitment team who kept me in the loop for the rest of the process. Two phone interviews were technical while in person interviews were high level and culture fit. Process was really straightforward. I had a pleasant experience throughout.

Interview Questions

• Asked some difficult technical questions on specific tools. I was a little rusty, so took a while to get back into the nitty gritty details.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback here. We're pleased to hear the process was straightforward and your experience was positive - congrats on the offer and decision to join Slalom!... More

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a few conversations with a recruiter via email, in person, and over the phone. When I got serious about moving forward I met with a recruiter, my potential manager, and the leader of my Practice at the Slalom office. Really good conversations. Less of a "check the boxes" interview and more of "getting to know me" interview. Slalom wants to find out if you're a good fit for them, but they also help you find out if they're a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking a minute to leave your feedback here. It is very important that the interview feels mutual and we're so pleased to hear that was consistent with your experience... More

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process felt more like conversations than a typical interview process. I had four rounds of conversations and each one felt like I was talking to people who genuinely wanted to know about me and the kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Aug 7, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback. We hope that our values and purpose driven culture comes through in our interviews as we most certainly care about getting to know our... More

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn, noting that they found my profile interesting and suggested a call to learn more about the company. We then scheduled follow-up calls with leaders from the practice area where my skills fit, and then I came to the office for interviews. Had four back-to-back, one-on-one interviews with both leadership and other consultants. The process was relatively quick, but they make a point to ensure they find the right fit for the organizational culture.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, asked to elaborate on some aspects of my experience and how they might be relevant working with Slalom.   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback. We are so happy your expectations were appropriately set such that you understood the potential extended timing of the recruiting process. It is very important we allow... More