Slalom Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

334 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

My experience started off with a few email exchanges with the Talent Recruiters, quickly moved to a phone call and when that went well, I was invited to come in and meet the team for a morning of interviews. The people at Slalom were great and my meetings really felt more like conversations than interviews. The process was smooth and straight forward. I received an offer about a week after my onsite interviews. The only reason the process took 3 months was that I was a remote candidate and had to travel to the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something wrong on your client projects and how did you handle it? What was the outcome for the client project?   Answer Question

Jun 11, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're pleased to see the process was smooth, straightforward, and comfortable - and overall positive! We... More

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

As I considered the next stop in my career in October last year, I reached out and talked to a friend, who I had met at an Agile Open Northwest event a year ago. He referred me and from that point on, the recruiting and interview process took a little over 3 weeks from start to finish. The first step was meeting with Talent Acquisition, followed by a meeting with the Practice Director and the last step was a half-day of 6 interviews with a cross-section of interviewers, including fellow consultants, client service partners, practice leaders and the GM. Scheduling was smooth, I was kept informed of the status of the process proactively throughout and the thing that struck me as most impressive was the consistent thread all my interviewers emphasized, namely the value given to building a strong, cohesive community amongst the consultants and employees in the Portland office. Unlike some other companies that leave very little time for the candidate to ask questions about the organization and the job, Slalom scheduled the interviews with sufficient time for me to learn more about the team I would be joining. Subsequent to my receiving a verbal offer, I had to travel out of the country for a couple weeks, so they made an accommodation and sent the written offer after I returned. I also was invited to a fantastic Christmas party, prior to my formal start date, making me feel welcome and part of something bigger!

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview, asking about my prior experience and scenario-based questions   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It is important that the interview is mutual, and that it gives our candidates... More

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Total Process:
    1. LinkedIn direct message from the HR recruiter to me
    2. Phone interview with HR (1 person, phone screening essentially)
    3. In person interview with HR at Slalom office (2 people, conversational)
    4. In person interview with a consultant at Slalom office (1 person, conversational, past work and company lifestyle centric)
    5. In person lunch with a consultant near my office (1 person, conversational, upcoming project-centric)
    6. Phone interview with a consultant (same day as in person interview, spoke a lot about backgrounds and company culture)
    7. Phone interview with people manager (lead consultant)
    8. Phone call with offer, discussed terms (2 people from HR)

I was reached out to via LinkedIn to set up a short phone interview with Aubry from the phx talent acquisition team. I spoke with Aubry for about 15 minutes on the phone to discuss our backgrounds, why she landed at Slalom, their culture, and the consulting gig she believed I would be a good fit for.

She set up a next interview at the Slalom office in Oldtown (Scottsdale) with herself and the lead phx talent acquisition person, Shane. We spoke for about an hour at their office.

I brought a packet of work examples to use during the interview as proof of various skills / experiences, but they were more interested in speaking with me conversationally. I asked questions about the projects their company was currently working on and had worked on. (developed Starbucks app, lead partner for Salesforce, big projects with tmobile, AWS top partner, etc. - definitely cool techy strategic consulting projects)

They spoke about their retention rate last year of 100% among consultants and my jaw sort of dropped. I've worked in a variety of start ups and small offices (less than 100 employees) and most of them happen to have high turn over. But this place is growing and retaining all their people. Impressive.

They walked me through a bit more about the specific project they wanted to hire me for. Asked me if it sounded like something I thought I would be interested in (and it was). They said they'd want me to interview with some of their consultants next, but it was after 5 PM and the office was dead. We set up time a few days out, initially set up as a happy hour, but due to scheduling changes on my end, we ended up meeting at the office again. I met with Brian, one of the UI/UX designers and we looked through my mockups I had done before, and talked about the project he has been working. Another really nice back and forth natural conversation- not a drill of interview staple questions.

Brian then set up another interview, a lunch near my office, with another consultant, Danny, who was working on the project I was supposed to join. We ate a nice lunch, spoke about the gig, and generally got to know eachother - familiy, friends, hobbies. He told me at the lunch that he thought I would be a great addition and he wanted me to speak with his partner on the project who was out of town at the time. He set up a call with Franz and we spoke that evening for about an hour.

After speaking with 5 different people (all 5 of which I liked enough to hang out with, which is pretty much never the case if you do 5 interviews with a company) over the course of a month and doing a lot of research on my end about their pay, culture, respect in consulting industry, etc. I decided I was in.

They offered one more call to speak with one of the people managers at the office (not mine, who was out of country on PTO), Ken. We spoke for about an hour and he reiterated the culture and the people and the projects. He also gave me time to ask any questions I had.

Aubry and Shane (talent aquisition people) called back with a scheduled lunch call the next day, asked me if I was still interested, then we spoke terms and agreed on salary, starting date, etc.

Pros:
    -They were upfront throughout the process, constantly communicating with me, before even finishing the interview, that they wanted to continue the process and why.
    -Prompt in all communication
    -Accommodated my schedule and timing needs/asks throughout
    -were upfront about payscale and offered me a reasonable salary with good PTO, solid benefits,
    -nice office, good location, great people (honestly)

Cons:
    -401k match takes a year and is only 1.5% - not great, but not too bad
    -Personally, I had a good amount of PTO for seniority at my old job, so I lost a day compared to last year. Next year it will be the same since Slalom adds a day for every year also.

Overall - everyone I spoke with took pride in their work and their company. They all seemed confident and *relaxed*. It was an enjoyable interview process.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide this detailed and comprehensive review of your experience with the recruiting process at Slalom. It is important that we always provide a positive... More

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial friendly meeting for coffee with two recruiters; business casual and enjoyable conversation. Culture of the company very well represented by the two recruiters. Next step was to meet with a Consultant and Consultant Manager over dinner, who also both represented the Slalom Culture very well.

Slalom has the ability to move very quickly if they are interested in moving forward - I received and accepted an offer within 10 days or so of the initial meeting. Very refreshing as compared to many other companies' slow moving and frustrating HR processes!

Interview Questions

• Describe work experiences and critical projects; large emphasis on hobbies/interests outside of work. They want to make sure they are first and foremost getting a great person.   1 Answer

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom - we're so pleased to hear your interviews were efficiently managed and our great culture was... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy, transparent and informative. As much as they were interviewing me, Slalom provided the opportunity to also 'interview' them and thoroughly understand the company, role and expectations. I was able to meet a variety of employees across the organization (different practices, levels, etc). The interview process consisted of multiple rounds of interviews but the Talent Acquisition group was accommodating for scheduling and always forth coming about information throughout.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging client interactions and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate your feedback on the interview process with Slalom. We're pleased to hear we delivered on our goal of the process being a mutual interview while making sure we're being transparent and... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contact through LinkedIn. Recruiter initiated a 1:1 pre-screen interview to gauge background, compensation expectations, and interest in the firm. 1-2 technical questions related to consulting. After this pre-screen, a 'skills assessment' was conducted to evaluate capabilities and previous experience. Following the skills assessment, a final round interview was conducted that included interviews with three leaders from the firm that each function in a different capacity. (i.e. Practice leadership, Business Development, Manager, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background and give me a high level overview of the projects you've worked on in your previous job.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your interview experience here. We're pleased to know you had a positive experience and congratulate you on your offer and decision to join Slalom!... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with three different people when I came to interview and had a very pleasant experience. All three I met with were very professional and made me feel like I was already part of the team. The conversations felt natrual and it didn't feel like an interview, but rather a conversation with an new friend.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for this review of your interview experience with Slalom. It's wonderful to hear you felt immediately welcomed and that the conversations were natural. Congratulations on accepting your... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about a travel position, but was not interested in traveling. The recruiting team at Slalom was fantastic though, and when I said I would be willing to talk to local teams if positions were available, they quickly transferred me to the right people and set something up. From there I went through a series of informal chats (2) followed by an afternoon of formal interviews (3) and then a follow-up afternoon of chats that seemed somewhere in-between formal and informal (2, they were with more senior folks). Overall the process was a bit drawn out, but that fit my schedule perfectly and I know it was due to other reasonable factors as well (holidays, the local team wasn't necessarily looking for someone actively at that time). The interviews were laid back, fun, and overall pretty easy, though I think that was mostly due to the role being a really good fit for me (I was already doing a lot of the same things at another company). Overall great experience and looking forward to working at Slalom!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a conversation with a client who has a limited budget, but is interested in the Experience Marketing features that Sitecore offers and wants to try them out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you handle conflict with a client on a project.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your interview experience with Slalom. We're so pleased to hear that overall you had a positive experience in the recruiting process. While there... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email requesting phone interview. Phone interview with HR was 15 minutes, and we set a time to meet with HR for a 1:1. Second interview was 1+ hours.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Dec 12, 2016 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to leave a review of your experience with Slalom's recruiting process. Congrats on the offer and decision to join Slalom!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Slalom, made the decision to join Slalom an easy one!

Throughout the process, the interviewers were able to clearly illustrate the culture at Slalom. It was very clear that although I was the one interviewing for the job, the interviewers wanted to make sure that Slalom was also the right fit for me.

The interview process spanned a couple months and included phone screening, one-on-one interviews and finally a day of 4 straight interviews. The Talent Manager I worked with throughout the process was very friendly and quick to follow-up with responses to my questions.

By the end of the interview process, I was certain that Slalom was the right company for me. I could not have been more impressed with their interview process!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my prior consulting experience, including specifics related to the SDLC and excel.   Answer Question

Jan 3, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you so much for providing your feedback on the interview process with Slalom. We're so pleased to hear that your experience in the recruiting process left a positive impression on your... More