Slalom Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

210 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I inquired about Slalom when exploring career options. A couple of former colleagues were working there and had very good things to say about it. The interview process took place over a few weeks, with three of them coming in the last couple. I met with a recruiter, two lead consultants, and a practice director.

All of them demonstrated great professionalism and provided examples of why Slalom is a good place to work. To a person, they all mentioned how they liked the culture and how Slalom lives up to what they advertise as an employer.

Interview Questions

• What direct experience do you have helping an organization with an Agile transformation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (New York, NY).

Interview

Several phone interviews and then office interview with other consultants and leads. I guess I should of read some of the other reviews here first. Had an interview, everything seemed to go well and received good feedback. Ended up taking a lot of my time but no decision/no offer. Sounds like they are building out a "bench" of potential consultants for engagements they dont have yet. Otherwise seemed like a great place to work, just wish I did not waste so much time and energy on them.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter reaching out to me on LinkedIn. We had a conversation over the phone, then in person. Then I met with a Managing Director, followed by a technical interview with a Solution Architect. I then had another interview with a different MD and finally a Practice Area Lead. This was all spread out over 5-6 months. I enjoyed all the conversations and everyone was open about the fact that this was a long process due to the need to have a strong core team to start in a new market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you do now?
      What do you want to do?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience pertaining to the recruiting process with Slalom. We know opening a new market can mean a longer recruiting cycle... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and an initial phone screen followed by a half day in person interview session. Initial phone screen by recruitment team who kept me in the loop for the rest of the process. Two phone interviews were technical while in person interviews were high level and culture fit. Process was really straightforward. I had a pleasant experience throughout.

Interview Questions

• Asked some difficult technical questions on specific tools. I was a little rusty, so took a while to get back into the nitty gritty details.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback here. We're pleased to hear the process was straightforward and your experience was positive - congrats on the offer and decision to join Slalom!... More

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a few conversations with a recruiter via email, in person, and over the phone. When I got serious about moving forward I met with a recruiter, my potential manager, and the leader of my Practice at the Slalom office. Really good conversations. Less of a "check the boxes" interview and more of "getting to know me" interview. Slalom wants to find out if you're a good fit for them, but they also help you find out if they're a good fit for you.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process felt more like conversations than a typical interview process. I had four rounds of conversations and each one felt like I was talking to people who genuinely wanted to know about me and the kind of work I wanted to do.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Denver, CO).

Interview

Slalom was a fun company to interview with since I met several different employees from various parts of the business. I truly enjoyed every conversation. The questions were a mix of personal and professional. They hire for fit, so be prepared that everyone will want to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking a minute to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It is great that our interest in getting to know you as a person came through; it is... More

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Slalom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process included an initial phone screen and multiple rounds of in-person interviews with leaders in the organization. Each interviewee was different, and there questions varied from skill-set confirmation to personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Dig deeper and tell me about your areas of opportunities, and ensure this is not your rehearsed/prepared answer.   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you leaving a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We're happy to hear each interview was different and that it all led to the outcome of you accepting an... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter. There were 5 rounds of interviews and 1 last one for salary negotiation. Every step of the process is friendly and professional.
    Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to leave a review of your experience in the interview process with Slalom. We strive to give all candidates a great experience and are always so pleased to hear when... More

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview began with an initial phone screening covering my overall skills and background that lasted about 30 mintues.

This was followed by a challenging in-person technical interview. The technical interview lasted about 90 minutes and consisted of verbal questions and answers about the technology being used. There were no whiteboarding or programming portions to the interview.

The final step of the interview was conducted by phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. It provided me with more information about the company and the role as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about best practices for implementing Apex Triggers in Salesforce.   1 Answer

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to share details of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We appreciate the feedback and it's certainly helpful as others look here to understand... More