Slalom Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was intense and moved very quickly. That being said it was by far the most well orchestrated interview process I have been on. It started with a get to know the culture and candidate phone screen with recruitment.

Then, another phone interview that was more technical as in my case I was going for a more technical role in the Technology Enablement division. After that I was invited in for an in person technical interview. It was difficult but refreshing. It wasn't your typical solve this algorithm on the whiteboard. It was more geared to figuring out how to deliver a hypothetical solution using the tools and skills you have acquired throughout your career. It was also collaborative to get a great idea of what working with a team at Slalom is like.

Finally, after passing that I interviewed with management level staff. This was again more focused on cultural fit and understanding how an individual can contribute personally to the company.

All in all, I have to say this was one the most professional and challenging interviewing experiences I have been through. The thoroughness and professionalism spoke so much to the company that after completing the process it was a no brainer for me accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Work through designing all the pieces of designing a progressive web app.   1 Answer

Oct 2, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate your investment of time in the recruiting process and you following up with this review of your experience. This detailed feedback is both helpful to us as well as to others... More

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR).

Interview

The process started by reaching out to a contact within Slalom, and then having in-person meetings with both the GM of the Portland office and the Lead of the division I'd be joining (Information Management & Analytics). After meeting with both of them and describing my past work experience and my goals, I then had a call with a consultant who I'd likely work with, who gauged my experience and talked about the work they did. At this point I was sold on working at Slalom, and I believe they were sold on my ability to contribute.

Next, I came in a few weeks later to meet with 4 consultants in different roles (all separately), who did some light gauging of my technical skills and personality review, and also gave me a lot of opportunities to ask questions, as I would be brand new to the consulting world. The next week I met with the person who would be my potential boss, and we talked analytics and potential projects. A couple weeks later I received a verbal offer on the phone, and a few weeks after that I received the paperwork.

Overall, the process was positive, with the major exception being the amount of time it took - it took about 3 months from my initial email to my first day. I know that many of the people who interviewed me were consultants and were on client sites a lot of the time, which would make scheduling difficult, but starting after my initial meetings I had a friend get laid off, interview at multiple places, receive multiple offers, and start before me! Something needs to be done to streamline the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why the switch to consulting? What traits of mine would make me a good consultant? (There were some technical questions too but none that were unexpected)   Answer Question

Sep 7, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the interview process with Slalom. We're glad that, overall, you felt the experience was positive, and we've noted your feedback... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom in August 2017.

Interview

Just wanted to post here that some of these glowing reviews about transparency with recruiters can be misleading. I recently had an experience where a recruiter told me that I was the right cultural fit (after an initial phone screen) but that there wasn't a position in the appropriate practice area for me. I helped a friend get an internal referral and they were later offered a position in the very area that I was told didn't have positions. Message to Slalom - if you pride yourself on honesty and transparency, truly be honest and transparent...the world isn't as big as it seems.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me a bit about how you got to where you are today.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Slalom has a nice, well-rounded interview process which I felt was very personalized and consensus based. The people I had interviewed with were very pleasant & at the same time tactful in reviewing my candidature.

Interview Questions

• The questions were around determining crucial work experience , applying critical thinking & effective communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Tysons Corner, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was unique for sure. Initially, I was contacted by one of their recruiters after asking a colleague to pass along my information. The recruiter and I had a nice extensive conversation about who Slalom was, what they can provide and what was I looking for. I was then scheduled to come into their office for an interview with two of their team members.

When I came, I got a brief office tour, then I met with both team members individually, each interview ranging around 30 minutes. Upon inquiring about the remaining hiring process, one of the interviewees mentioned that it took them about 4 interviews to get an offer. Luckily for me, the other two individuals who I would eventually have to meet with were in the office, so they came in after the initial two that I was scheduled. I'm assuming this may be an issue for some people, especially if they have a tight time frame available for the interview, but for me, it was no issue.

Lastly, after meeting with the the four team members, I was scheduled a final interview with the General Manager of the local office about a week later. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and we touched on several topics, mainly focusing on who I was individually and what I could bring to the culture of the office.

After the final interview, I got an offer letter about 5 days later. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and got to meet many friendly people.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to make, salary wise?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking to change jobs?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies and interests outside of work?   1 Answer

Oct 2, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. It's great to hear there was flexibility in your schedule to allow for a bit of an agile process, and that you overall had... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

I inquired about Slalom when exploring career options. A couple of former colleagues were working there and had very good things to say about it. The interview process took place over a few weeks, with three of them coming in the last couple. I met with a recruiter, two lead consultants, and a practice director.

All of them demonstrated great professionalism and provided examples of why Slalom is a good place to work. To a person, they all mentioned how they liked the culture and how Slalom lives up to what they advertise as an employer.

Interview Questions

• What direct experience do you have helping an organization with an Agile transformation?   Answer Question

Sep 5, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It's fantastic to hear that we're doing a good job living up to our promise of helping... More

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

First, the recruiting manager and I had coffee to talk about the role and company.

A week or two later, I came into the office for an interview. Then, I received a technical screen prompt and came back to the office to talk about my final product and go through another few interviews.

Interview questions were mostly around career trajectory and culture fit. They gave me many opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? (coming from a non-consulting background)   Answer Question

Oct 2, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. Its great to hear you had ample opportunity to ask questions and very helpful for others to... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very thorough but at the same time down to earth. The talent acquisition team made an amazing effort to be in touch and also be as transparent as possible. Each person that I interviewed with made the best effort to get to know me but also provided a chance to get to know them and the company. I could really sense the culture that they talked about through all the actions.
    I had a phone interview with the talent acquisition rep who asked about my work history, what I would like to do, what my passion is etc.
    I was then set up with 3 in person interviews--which focused on my work history, my thought process, decision making, my personality, attitude.
    I kept in touch with the talent acquisition rep about my thoughts and the thoughts of the team ---and was brought on board after a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you had on a client project?   1 Answer

Oct 2, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your commitment to the process and are pleased to see that you felt the interview was mutual - it is our goal to not only get a chance to know you, but make... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (New York, NY).

Interview

Several phone interviews and then office interview with other consultants and leads. I guess I should of read some of the other reviews here first. Had an interview, everything seemed to go well and received good feedback. Ended up taking a lot of my time but no decision/no offer. Sounds like they are building out a "bench" of potential consultants for engagements they dont have yet. Otherwise seemed like a great place to work, just wish I did not waste so much time and energy on them.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 31, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here, though we regret to hear your experience was not in line with the positive experience we strive to give all our candidates, regardless of the... More

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter reaching out to me on LinkedIn. We had a conversation over the phone, then in person. Then I met with a Managing Director, followed by a technical interview with a Solution Architect. I then had another interview with a different MD and finally a Practice Area Lead. This was all spread out over 5-6 months. I enjoyed all the conversations and everyone was open about the fact that this was a long process due to the need to have a strong core team to start in a new market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you do now?
      What do you want to do?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience pertaining to the recruiting process with Slalom. We know opening a new market can mean a longer recruiting cycle... More