Slalom Consulting Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Consulting Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews.
The first one with recruiter, second with two consultants. Conversation was very general, only one behavior question, most was generic talking about my past projects and consulting skills

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Mar 13, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for interviewing with Slalom Consulting and taking the time to leave a review of your experience here. Your feedback is a helpful data point in our continual efforts to provide a positive ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had three or four phone interviews with the recruiter before I was asked to meet my potential boss for coffee. I arrived for a casual coffee sit-down but the interview was moved last-minute to a conference room at Slalom.

Overall, the interview was a positive experience and they were open to my questions about the culture and the open position.

However, they took over two weeks to let me know they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about gathering business requirements in this scenario?   1 Answer
    • What do you think are the three most important traits of a business analyst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very structured interview process. First met with recruiter to discuss background, experience, company culture, etc. to ensure a good fit. Second round of interviews was with other Business Analysts at the firm. They asked specific questions about previous projects, clients, implementations, etc. The final round of interviews was with practice leads and executives to align skill sets with the correct channel and understand the vision of the practice overall. All throughout the process there was just as much information shared with me as there was information asked of me. All the interviewers were very warm, open, and honest. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Speak to a time when you had a particularly difficult client. What were the difficulties you faced, and how did you overcome them? What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process was not professional. I was unhappy to talk with the HR person from Slalom, and the recruiter was unprofessional and it seems that they did not take the work seriously. I do not like that culture.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I apply through Slalom's career portal and am immediately contacted by a recruiter. I propose a date and time, including the time zone, for a phone call. Four days later, and one day before the interview, the recruiter hasn't confirmed yet. I follow up; the recruiter is booked at that time but proposes another time, and after some confusion on time zones (again) and having to provide my phone number multiple times, we have a phone call set up.

I wait for 20 minutes for the call; no call is received. I follow up and ask what happened. Recruiter accidentally scheduled me for the wrong day. We speak the following day and I am invited to interview with two individuals in the office. I am on my own to arrange travel; Slalom did not offer help and I live in another state.

I interview in the office and both meetings go well. I am told the next steps are to interview with a workstream lead and the managing directors of the office via phone. I email recruiter to set up those interviews. No response for two weeks. I follow up again. A week later, recruiter contacts me to set up an interview in the office with the workstream lead. I propose a date and time to speak over the phone. Recruiter asks on Tuesday if I can meet with the workstream lead in office...on Friday. I reiterate that I live out-of-state and cannot arrange travel with this short notice. I propose several dates where I can switch my travel plans to meet with Slalom in-office...no response. Last I heard from recruiter was over a month ago.

Started off promising, but nothing ever materialized, as usual. Please inform your candidates if you're not pursuing them anymore (but this isn't even the case here).

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2012.

Interview

I met with the HR person at their SF location for 45 mins for an informational interview.