Slalom Consulting Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First phone interview, then an HR on-site interview, then a set of three On-site interviews. The last set of on site interviews are rapid fire so you'll be talking for half an hour.

Talk specifically about what you want to do in the future and what you like doing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Standard software engineer oriented interview process. First interview was basic phone interview with an hr recruiter, the meet and greet type thing asking about my background and basic projects that I've done. The second interview was another phone interview, but it was a technical screen with a software developer at the company. This focused heavily on OOP, and about some web development things. The last interview was an in person interview with the team. I think there were various people/developers who interviewed me. The first half focused on what I knew and if I could demonstrate that on a whiteboard. The second half was company culture oriented. Overall a decent experience. The people at this company were very friendly. My one complaint was that this process took about 10 weeks from my initial contact with a recruiter. Kind of a long time to find out the result and in the end, for me at least, I didn't get a position. It was especially saddening that the employer put in the effort to set up a time with me to call about the result, only to find out that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• What's an interface? (OOP stuff)
      How do you create such and such class, etc? (Demonstrate if you can code, etc)
      Describe the structure of a project you have done. (Whiteboard)
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

There where three interviews
    Two phone interviews one was personal getting to know me, the second one was technical and asking programming questions.
    And one in person. The interview in person was really friendly, I really like the people there. They bring you into the office and you get to talk to the office staff and get interviewed by some higher up staff

Interview Questions

• Questions on sql and software design   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have notl negotiated

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was typical, questions on warehousing etc. asked how i provide solutions, how i come up with them and performance tune them also. I was also asked about my personal interests and how i would like to grow and learn with the ever changing landscape of the tech world

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First they have you speak with a talent management agent, then the hiring manager and then a potential peer. Many of the questions are "touchy feely" about you and your past as they try and find a 'fit'. They make it seem like you are having an intervention. Beware of this tactic and stay true to positive and constructive answers.
    They will then use it against you and shut the door after they say you are a 'great fit'.

Later too many warning flags went off. As I had several offers I declined to proceed.

Interview Questions

• We are really about finding the right 'fit' and want you to know that all of us have been through difficult times. What is it about your last company that makes you want to leave.   1 Answer

Cloud Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was one of the best experiences I've had in my career. They were professional yet empathetic to me while going through the interviews. The internal recruiter was always available to answer any questions through the process and always worked with my schedule instead of forcing theirs. The actual interviews were relaxed in nature but still inquisitive enough to know if you could do the job. I didn't get the feeling they were asking questions to stump me or prove they knew more than me. It was just about what I knew and who I am. I kept waiting for "the other shoe to drop" through the process and it never did. It really set Slalom apart from other companies.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you have worked on pertaining to the cloud?   Answer Question
    • How did you learn to use the cloud?   Answer Question
    • What are your opinions about Agile project management compared to Waterfall project management?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was an excellent experience going through the interview process with Slalom. You notice the positive attitudes and genuineness of everyone you speak with through the entire process. I went through multiple interviews and each one was informative and thorough. I would recommend doing the appropriate research and be prepared with questions beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What's an important quality/trait you should have to do well in this particular position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Slalom really needs to get their recruiting process under control. I had multiple recruiters basically fighting over who would get to contact me first, so it seemed like they were extremely interested in my background. However, once I reached out to initiate the process, everything went downhill and they just couldn't recover. Trying to get an interview scheduled was so much more difficult than it needed to be, simply because they would take multiple days, sometimes even a full week to respond.

I was finally able to get things scheduled, but after all that trouble, they have just left me hanging with a 'wait to hear about the next steps.' I invested a significant amount of time into this process, and considering that they were the ones to initiate the conversation, the least I would expect is an email saying "Thanks, but no thanks. Here's why..."

If you're going to attempt to poach an employee from one of your strongest competitors in a niche market, you may want to treat them with more respect.

Interview Questions

• Lots of detailed questions about platform specific skills.   Answer Question

Cloud Services Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

- Initial interview with Talent Manager, non-technical
    - Skype with Principle Architect, technical review
    - F2F with Director and Principle Architect - 3 hour Presentation of the Cloud/Data center work I had done and dive into Technical aspects (How do I present (represent to clients), Do I know what I am presenting (reply to Business and Technical aspects), how do I think (Planning, Thinking on one's feet)

Interview Questions

• - What problems did I venture and research into placing Legacy components into the "Cloud"?
      - What parts of Business architecture can be made Cloud-ready and what cannot?
      - How can you progress a Cloud initiative with some legacy components not working well in a "Cloud"?
      - How do you balance Enterprise Security with Cloud components and Legacy components?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had the opportunity to meet with 2 recruiters- 1 by phone, 1 in person and 3 people from the practice at three different levels of responsibility. Each interaction was punctuated by a genuine warm and authentic interest in me and my experiences. Each interview with a practice member felt different and was a direct reflection of the interviewers personality- which was a "tell" on the Slalom culture. In an organization where you are encouraged to be your real self, I saw it starting from the beginning of my interactions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role model how I would interact with a potential client seeking to improve customer service rankings.   Answer Question