Slalom Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a 30 min phone screening with a recruiter. Next an in person interview. Lastly, a 2 hour interview with various team members. Great conversations were conducted during each step.

Interview Questions

• Could you talk about a time where you experienced a tedious task. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here. We're happy to learn that your experience was positive and you enjoyed the conversations throughout your interview process. Congrats on ... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter. There were 5 rounds of interviews and 1 last one for salary negotiation. Every step of the process is friendly and professional.
    Great experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview began with an initial phone screening covering my overall skills and background that lasted about 30 mintues.

This was followed by a challenging in-person technical interview. The technical interview lasted about 90 minutes and consisted of verbal questions and answers about the technology being used. There were no whiteboarding or programming portions to the interview.

The final step of the interview was conducted by phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. It provided me with more information about the company and the role as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about best practices for implementing Apex Triggers in Salesforce.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on their website. About a month later I got an email from a recruiter, who set up a phone screen. Pretty simple conversation, just going over my resume and experience. Next interview I went in and talked to their lead recruiter. Very laid back conversation, again going over my experience and what I was looking for. They also talked about Slalom and their values.

Last round was three interviews in a row with the team I would be working with. These were conversational, going over my experience and how that would translate to the work I would do at Slalom. A few curveball questions here and there, but nothing too crazy.

After the interview, the recruiter told me they would have a decision in about a week. It would take them over a month to get back to me, with me emailing them in the interim but getting no response. By the time I heard back, I knew I didn't get the job, but would've at least liked to get a more timely response. They also didn't offer any constructive feedback when I asked for it. So overall, the interviews themselves were fine, but the aftermath was pretty off putting.

Interview Questions

• Go over your experience and how does that translate to the position.   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here. We appreciate the time and consideration you gave Slalom in the process. Timely communication and the ability to give our candidates ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Denver, CO).

Interview

The process itself is quite easy (introduction call, phone interview, panel interview). There are not any tricky questions, and everyone was friendly. The frustrating aspect of the process was the recruiter communications and logistics. It was typical for 10-15 business day lags in responses. The expectation would be set for immediate feedback, and it would require constant follow-up to get an answer by e-mail. This hurt my perception of the company's professionalism. A major improvement would be to shorten response times or to set realistic expectations for the communications.

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. Timeliness in communication is extremely important to a positive candidate experience and we regret the ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quite seamless. The hiring team was very informative and accommodating, and each interviewer provided a different perspective and outlook on the role. It was an informal environment which allowed me to provide information on my experience but also gave me the time to learn a lot about the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• The questions were less formal and more conversational - which was enjoyable and more natural than most interviews tend to be.   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It's great to hear that you felt you had the right level of engagement and opportunity ... More

Data Visualization and Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Data Visualization and Analytics Consultant position in Minneapolis, MN through Slalom's website. I received an email from the recruiter saying that there aren't any "pressing needs". Why would they post a job opening if there is no need for a BI Consultant?

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to leave a review here. You are correct that it is important our job postings accurately reflect our business needs. Your feedback is important and will help us in ... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was divided into 2 sections 45 minutes each, first part is technical questions and second part is job related experience and a bit of technical background. Nothing special, there were two software engineers at both stages asking those questions. Any person with average knowledge of programming would answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Find duplicates in two arrays and show them in the output.   1 Answer
    • Modeling the database. I was given a case with building an app for school and asked to model the tables with all mappings and keys.   1 Answer
    • Previous experience at the company.   1 Answer
    • How can you satisfy the customer if they offer you not efficient way of building a software, but you know this is wrong and they keep insisting on it.   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Slalom and leave a review of your experience here. We value your feedback as it helps us with our efforts to continuously improve.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with 3 practice leads after two phone screens. Applied online and then a week later the recruiter called me, after that (and some work travel that delayed the interviews) - I spoke with the hiring manager. Then came two in persons - hiring manager and then area leader. Had final callback to meet with another practice lead who is closer to some of my former areas of experience (more as a skills check).

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my approach to problem solving and specific experiences. Very much a character interview.   1 Answer

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and detail the steps of your recruiting process with Slalom. We're happy to hear your experience was positive. Congrats on the offer and ... More

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview which covered basic introductions, interests and open opportunities. I then had four in person interviews. Each one had a slightly different focus, background and goals, a case scenario, hobbies interest and career goals.

Interview Questions

• Client Scenario: A company's database has grown to an unsustainable level. It is difficult and time costly to find parts/items. They are looking make improvements to their existing database and/or move to an entirely new system. What would be your initial thoughts / action items to move forward with the client?   Answer Question