Slalom Consulting Principal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Consulting Principal Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter for coffee at the outset and I spoke about my experience. The recruiter asked good questions that were more about character, motivation and goals than specific work reference points (years of experience, budgets managed, solutions implemented, etc.). This was a breath of fresh air. Following that, I spoke with various discipline/practice leads over the course of several weeks. In total I had more discrete meetings than I'm used to, but that was also based on my own timeline and not a reflection of their structure, cadence or interview style. From first meeting to final meeting, it was about 4(ish) weeks.

Overall the interview process was very positive. The talent acquisition team was honest throughout the process and it felt like a team effort. From the start if felt like the interview was mutual.

Interview Questions

• My interviews were very conversational which made for a discussion rather than an inquisition. It was a very good interview experience in that I shared my experience through discussion rather than data points. I also got most of my own questions answered through that discussion rather than a 5-minute window at the end. One question that stood out was: Who is the most interesting person you have worked with and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Slalom Consulting Response

Jan 3, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to interview with Slalom and for leaving your feedback here. A postive candidate experience is of the utmost importance to us; we're so pleased to hear you felt ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly people.
    Very disorganized...at least the NYC office.
    - People not showing up for interviews
    - Cancellations
    - Multiple rounds instead of consolidating (little value for candidate time)

Initial meeting with a recruiter at a coffee shop. Recruiters are good marketers of the company. The actual people you interview with are average at best.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

Meet with Recruiter for screen then talk to people in the office to judge your cultural fit and your skills

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question
    • How would you help out office become one of the best places to work for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer is what you get there is not negotitaitons

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was multi-part and mostly informal. Decision making criteria was vague and long drawn-out. Little insight provided around next steps or timeframes. Ultimately was told the position was being refactored and withdrawn, although I am aware that it was offered to another candidate; lack of honesty and feedback was less than ideal.

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Nov 28, 2016 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback of the Slalom recruiting process here. We strive to give all candidates a positive experience, regardless of the outcome, and in your case it sounds like we had a ... More

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had ~ 4 interviews. These discussions really seemed to center around mutual fit, more of an exchange than an interview. Corporate culture seemed very important, this of course would be key to a rapidly growing organization. The process was positive.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I connected with two leaders from the newly Toronto office over coffee. Their energy and enthusiasm about starting a new venture was contagious and shortly I was sold. I proceeded on with the rest of the recruiting process speaking to recruiters and other senior leadership (both in Toronto and out of town). Everyone else I met had the same great attitude and focus on culture and people.

The entire process took 5-6 weeks.