Slalom Consulting Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.8

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with 3 people, I was notified the day of that one of them wouldn't be available and was rescheduled. I went to the rescheduled appointment, and only one person was available. After the initial interview I attempted to maintain contact with the Recruiting Rep to schedule the additional interviews or to not move forward. I never heard back. Incredible unprofessional and scattered.

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We're sorry to hear of your negative experience with Slalom's recruiting process. We appreciate the time and consideration you gave to interviewing with us and we could have done better by you from ... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position from an internal employee. I was contacted the next day by a recruiter to set up a coffee meeting. After meeting with the recruiter, I had a 30 minute in-person interview with a member of the team I would be joining. The final round of interviews was with my would-be manager and two members of the leadership team. The whole process took 3 weeks. The communication was great with the recruiting team and I had all the information I needed along the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the requirements of a project shifted and how you managed the change.   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking some time to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. As we strive to give all candidates a positive experience, we're so pleased to hear you felt well ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They get very good review that it is a great company to work for but with my experience I am not really sure about that. I got contacted to have phone interview with talent hr manager. I scheduled the phone interview 4 business days in advance and I got confirmation email and everything. One hour before the interview, she sent me an email asking if we can reschedule to Monday. I didn't see the email until the interview time and she didn't call me to tell me that she canceled it. I thought ok, that is fine because emergency happens so I sent an email saying it was ok and rescheduled on Monday. Again, I got confirmation email and everything. No one called me on Monday. I started to think that this is so unprofessional and how one employee behaves can tell a lot about the company. I decided to try one more time, reschedule to Wednesday. Got confirmation again, 11:30 was the time. Nothing, I sent email and she sent it back at 12:00 to apologize because she was in the meeting??? If your automate scheduling system works really poorly, just do it manual send normal email like other company. We finally got to the interview part. After talking for awhile, she mentioned that she has to talk to the team first because they need someone with more senior level. I read the qualifications they posted before I applied because I don't want to waste my time either. Just decide on what you want before you post it then, so that you don't waste other people's time. Very unprofessional. Unbelievable. I will never choose to be their customer ever.

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It is our goal that all candidates have a stellar experience, regardless of the outcome ... More

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone screen with a senior technical lead within the QA department. The phone screen was cordial and included time for me to ask questions and learn about the department I'd be working in. Then the screener asked me to summarize my skill and experience on a long list of QA topics. Then I was brought in to interview with 5 different people over the course of 3 visits. They were very straight forward and honest throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you automate the testing of a standard 3-Tier web application?   Answer Question
    • How would you test a web application that allows users to edit records?   Answer Question
    • What are three things your previous boss would say about you?   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. Honest and straightforward communication is of the utmost importance to us; we're pleased to hear this was ... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about a travel position, but was not interested in traveling. The recruiting team at Slalom was fantastic though, and when I said I would be willing to talk to local teams if positions were available, they quickly transferred me to the right people and set something up. From there I went through a series of informal chats (2) followed by an afternoon of formal interviews (3) and then a follow-up afternoon of chats that seemed somewhere in-between formal and informal (2, they were with more senior folks). Overall the process was a bit drawn out, but that fit my schedule perfectly and I know it was due to other reasonable factors as well (holidays, the local team wasn't necessarily looking for someone actively at that time). The interviews were laid back, fun, and overall pretty easy, though I think that was mostly due to the role being a really good fit for me (I was already doing a lot of the same things at another company). Overall great experience and looking forward to working at Slalom!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a conversation with a client who has a limited budget, but is interested in the Experience Marketing features that Sitecore offers and wants to try them out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you handle conflict with a client on a project.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your interview experience with Slalom. We're so pleased to hear that overall you had a positive experience in the recruiting process. While there ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through the interview process for companies back in November/December, and Slalom quite honestly stood out as my best interview experience by a wide margin. A friend at the company contacted me around when a Financial Analyst position was posted and got me in touch with a recruiter in the Seattle office. We scheduled a phone interview for about 30 minutes with some basic general questions to get a feel for personality and fit. I specifically appreciated how up front the recruiter was with the timeline for the interview schedule and the steps along the way. As part of the first phone interview, we talked generally about Slalom, my previous experience, where the position fit in the team/department, and responsibilities that could be expected of the position (in addition to the job description). The recruiter was friendly and professional, and we scheduled the second round the following week.

Round two was a coffee interview with two Senior Financial Analysts who would work closely with the position. The interview lasted around an hour, and had a nice mix of a friendly conversational tone and directed questions about my experience with certain processes which would be expected of the position. Both analysts were friendly and easy to get along with, which helped the interview have a more relaxed tone while also still discussing important qualifying information. The coffee interview surprisingly had the most technical questions throughout the process, but many of the questions were aimed towards general fit for culture as well. I heard back from the recruiter a week later (as scheduled), and we set up a time for an interview loop in the office a week after that.

The office interview loop consisted of five 45 minute interviews back to back, followed by an hour long happy hour in the area with the team. I met with members in accounting and HR, as well as another member of the team the position was for. Almost all of the questions were focused on general fit with Slalom and my previous jobs. There were no trick questions or brain teasers, which was a nice change up from other interview processes. My experience was positive throughout the interview loop, and happy hour was a nice touch and a great way to relax a little.

I generally always have some constructive criticism to offer anyone to improve their process, but there isn't anything which stands out that I would change in regards to Slalom's interview experience. As always, your mileage as an interviewee may vary based on a variety of circumstances, but my experience seems to be similar with other people who recently have been hired at the Seattle location. I will say the process took longer than some other interviews and I had to stall a couple offers to wait to hear back from Slalom, but the timeline was communicated from the beginning and was not unexpected.

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving such a detailed and thorough review of your interview experience with Slalom. It's wonderful to hear that your recruiting process with Slalom was not only positive, but stood ... More

CRM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Intense rounds but the entire process only took a couple weeks end to end including hearing back with an offer. I countered the offer and was pleasantly surprised to hear a much better offer. Slalom was very adamant that I find the company and culture a good fit.

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Oct 20, 2016 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our interview process. If you’ve already started with us, you have probably realized that we are working on building a culture of feedback and ... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email requesting phone interview. Phone interview with HR was 15 minutes, and we set a time to meet with HR for a 1:1. Second interview was 1+ hours.

Interview Questions

Slalom Consulting Response

Dec 12, 2016 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to leave a review of your experience with Slalom's recruiting process. Congrats on the offer and decision to join Slalom!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Every person at Slalom that I met with during the interview process was so personable. I initially met for coffee with a member of the team that was hiring. I then had a phone screen with a Talent Acquisition Manager. I then went on to an in-person interview with several individuals in Human Resources. Overall it was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe the work environment in which you are most productive and happy?   Answer Question

Mar 20, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so pleased to hear you had a positive experience interviewing with Slalom. Our people are our best asset and we love it when our ... More

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Recruiter chat
    2. Tech screen with Solution Architect
    3. Technical interview with Solution Principal
    4. In person casual chat with Practice Area Director
    5. Offer extended via same recruiter via phone call and email of offer letter

This info is specific to the Seattle, WA branch, so keep that in mind. I can't speak to how other branches operate. My situation was unique as I was remote in Cincinnati, OH and interviewing for a position in Seattle, WA via a referral from my buddy that worked there already. Usually, they'll have you come to the office in person and have it not be a remote process. Since, I wasn't moving without the promise of employment, this wasn't an option for myself.

Overall, this was probably the most respectful process I've ever been through for recruitment. When I interview, I want to know the status of what's going on and next steps. I don't like my time wasted or to be strung along. They were very informative and I always knew that I was being considered and/or waiting for scheduling conflicts to be resolved on their end. An old work collegue I referred ended up taking over a week to find out he didn't pass screening, so your mileage may very.

In terms of time, it was a long process. It was mostly due to my situation and both sides accommodating that. I've heard local hires go from interview start to offer letter in a matter of weeks. Again, your mileage will vary depending on location and who is involved in the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's the difference between an interface and an abstract class?
      2. Create a function that gives you the n-th number in the fibbonaci sequence.
      3. Write HTML to produce a sketched out page.
      4. Write javascript to hit service to interact with said page.
      5. Given multiple SQL tables, perform a variety of queries. This included joins, grouping and other basic SQL knowledge.
      6. Given certain implementations you came up with for previous questions, what are the pros and cons if your approach? Could you have done this better? How?
      Answer Question