Slalom Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

2.3

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting in March 2016.

Interview

Initial Chat with HR to discuss my background, company's needs and where I could play a part on the team. Regrettably I do not think Slalom has done a very good job with Bay area Salary comparisons compared to other tech companies. They are approximately 20-25% less with no stock benefits and relatively average vacation policies. It does sound like a very nice work environment, however given living costs in the area I highly recommend Slalom revise its salary bands or perhaps try recruiting from outside of San Francisco

Interview Questions

• What is your background with Salesforce.com and other Web technologies? What Salary range are you in   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting.

Interview

Very odd phone screening from recruiter; felt like she was fishing for information about my current employer. She did not want to ask much about my experience. Per the recruiter, they have had no openings in the Marketing/Sales practice group, or the Finance practice group. So why is she calling me?

Per the recruiter, the company requires that employees work on site in downtown Seattle; there seemed to be no flexibility or trust for telecommuting, which seems odd in 2016. The company does not offer sandbox for learning and practicing technologies that clients want to implement, nor does it sponsor regular educational gatherings to share knowledge. It may have been that this recruiter simply didn't know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round interview consisted of a 2 on 1 behavioral and a 2 on 1 behavioral plus case interview. The interviewers was nice and asked questions in a tag-team format. The behavioral questions were typical STAR story format and the case was not too bad.

Interview Questions

• What did you do the last time you were bored at work? Tell me about yourself, why consulting, tell me about a time with conflict...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Participated in several rounds of phone interviews. The Slalom representative was friendly but her work ethic was terrible. She would set appointments to connect and then just fail to show up. She seemed distracted and generally unprofessional. After finally talking several times, she expressed a desire for me to come into the office for in-person interviews. I gave her my availability and never heard back. I would never work here based on this interaction with Slalom. It shows me that they don't really respect other peoples time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a Sr Consultant position and was contacted by the company within 6 days. I phone interviewed with a recruiter and then was asked to interview with the client company. The experience was relatively painless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Everyone I met with was extremely smart, prepared, engaging and friendly. Talent Acquisition contacted me before each meeting to tell me what to expect in the interview and followed up to hear my thoughts about each meeting. I was also greeted at each visit, making me feel like I was important to the company. I concluded that it would be a great company to work for, with lots of collaboration and growth opportunities, However, I had at least six in-person interviews over multiple months, plus numerous calls with HR, before I was engaged in a clear conversation about compensation.There was a significant disconnect between my needs/industry norms and what the company offered, leaving me feeling like we had invested a lot of time unnecessarily.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, in-person casual screen, one-day 2 hour interviews with 4 people.

Interview Questions

• Usual fare - seeking elaboration on difficult environments, approaches to problem solving, etc. No technical questions or business cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and tried to sell me on the local model,right from the beginning i had a feeling that something wasnt right. They conceal the fact that you only get 2 weeks of vacation and they are definitely a staff aug firm.
    I had a phone screen and they scheduled a 2 hr interview once every week for 5 weeks , all along the way they told me i was a great fit and gave a positive feedback and then after the final round they did not get back to me for 3 weeks and finally they told me they cant hire me because visa transfer takes 2 weeks and they cant wait that long . What amused me was the fact that visa transfer takes 2 weeks but it took them 3 weeks to convey this decision to me.

But this is a general advice to everybody, if a company is drawing out the interview process, then dont waste your time. Just move on and direct your job search to a more feasible place

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

it's for a specific position and talk to HR. There are seven people currently talking and will forward to manager and manager will choose from the list.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Brief phone conversation with recruiter was pleasant, in-person discussion with HR was extremely informative, in-person discussions with several resources all the way up to the GM were enlightening and the best opportunity for understanding if the company was the best fit for me.

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary
    Unable to negotiate vacation, cell phone reimbursement, bonus