Slalom Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

323 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

This was the most enjoyable interview I've ever experienced. The interviewers were personable and inquisitive and open to sharing their experience of the company. It felt more like a conversation than an interview, and I actually enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging experience you had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom in July 2017.

Interview

Slalom's process was crisp, human, and very efficient. A former colleague made introductions to their recruiting leader, whom I met with first. The primary assessment was on background, accomplishments, and most telling to me – my and Slalom’s cultural/style fit. Two interview rounds were scheduled from there with leaders at various levels who all had a similar interview approach, some more technical, some more sales-focused, all assessing personality style and cultural fit.

Slalom got back to me and started negotiations after just a couple of days, and we came to an agreement within 48 hours. From there, Slalom recruiting was very fast and precise, remained in consistent communication with me and was very effective in explaining the offer details, job details, benefits, etc.

They didn't waste time with iterative interview loops, mixed messaging, or long periods with no communication. The interviewers were very intellectually sharp but very approachable. Quite frankly, the best interview experience I've ever had, and has left me with a great feeling of confidence that I’m joining a firm which it and it's leaders are on top of their game.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your company and your client had different short term interests. What did you do to navigate that and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (New York, NY).

Interview

Several phone interviews and then office interview with other consultants and leads. I guess I should of read some of the other reviews here first. Had an interview, everything seemed to go well and received good feedback. Ended up taking a lot of my time but no decision/no offer. Sounds like they are building out a "bench" of potential consultants for engagements they dont have yet. Otherwise seemed like a great place to work, just wish I did not waste so much time and energy on them.

DevOps Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

I met with individual contributors and leaders of multiple practices related to my area of expertise to discuss past project experience, learning and professional philosophy, and ask my own questions to learn more about the position. These conversations lasted multiple rounds and were both technical and soft-skills oriented.

Interview Questions

• There aren't many specific questions because these interviews were very natural and conversational, but you should be prepared to talk in depth about past projects and experiences including decision factors, business impact, etc.   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. As important as it is for us to get to know our candidates and their skills, we are... More

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview by recruiter, followed by coffee with a practice lead, then a 3-hour in-person interview with team members, then a final interview with top manager. Almost a 3 month process from initial inquiry to final interview.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 17, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing the details of your recruiting experience with Slalom. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us and consider employment with Slalom.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter reaching out to me on LinkedIn. We had a conversation over the phone, then in person. Then I met with a Managing Director, followed by a technical interview with a Solution Architect. I then had another interview with a different MD and finally a Practice Area Lead. This was all spread out over 5-6 months. I enjoyed all the conversations and everyone was open about the fact that this was a long process due to the need to have a strong core team to start in a new market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you do now?
      What do you want to do?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience pertaining to the recruiting process with Slalom. We know opening a new market can mean a longer recruiting cycle... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and an initial phone screen followed by a half day in person interview session. Initial phone screen by recruitment team who kept me in the loop for the rest of the process. Two phone interviews were technical while in person interviews were high level and culture fit. Process was really straightforward. I had a pleasant experience throughout.

Interview Questions

• Asked some difficult technical questions on specific tools. I was a little rusty, so took a while to get back into the nitty gritty details.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback here. We're pleased to hear the process was straightforward and your experience was positive - congrats on the offer and decision to join Slalom!... More

OD Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Talked to a lot of people. Interviews were very casual without a lot of structure. People were easy to talk to. I got a good sense for what the company culture is like and what are some of the challenges.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you leaving a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We're happy to hear you had a comfortable dialog with everyone you met and got a sense for our culture... More

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very high touch and collaborative process. I met with a LOT of people, was asked tough questions and got to ask all of my questions. There was a genuine desire from Slalom to a) be completely confident in me, and b) help me be completely confident of Slalom.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were all discussion based with experiential and situational discussions. Most of the discussions were more about fit than skill.   Answer Question
    • Situational role play - here's a case study for a major program, how would you structure and lead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a few conversations with a recruiter via email, in person, and over the phone. When I got serious about moving forward I met with a recruiter, my potential manager, and the leader of my Practice at the Slalom office. Really good conversations. Less of a "check the boxes" interview and more of "getting to know me" interview. Slalom wants to find out if you're a good fit for them, but they also help you find out if they're a good fit for you.