Slalom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter. There were 5 rounds of interviews and 1 last one for salary negotiation. Every step of the process is friendly and professional.
    Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to leave a review of your experience in the interview process with Slalom. We strive to give all candidates a great experience and are always so pleased to hear when... More

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview began with an initial phone screening covering my overall skills and background that lasted about 30 mintues.

This was followed by a challenging in-person technical interview. The technical interview lasted about 90 minutes and consisted of verbal questions and answers about the technology being used. There were no whiteboarding or programming portions to the interview.

The final step of the interview was conducted by phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. It provided me with more information about the company and the role as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about best practices for implementing Apex Triggers in Salesforce.   1 Answer

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to share details of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We appreciate the feedback and it's certainly helpful as others look here to understand... More

Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

First of all let me say, Slalom DC is looking for great people who want to do great things—and personalities that fit well with their vision and culture. Because it is a newer location, they are still building practices out and it feels a bit like a start-up, with energy to match. So a willingness to go with the flow is essential.

The hiring process from initial conversation to interviewing and offer has been direct and overall what should expected from such an organization. You do not just hand in a resume and have one interview. They are not just looking for people to fill seats. They vet each candidate several times, requiring multiple visits and pre-visit conversations with the recruiter. Each interview and conversation was candid and insightful with a focus on your work and range of skills but also what drives you, how you think and your openness.

The recruiter was friendly, direct and responsive, explaining each step as the process unfolded.

Interview Questions

• My interviews were very conversational and it was refreshing to interview people who let the conversation naturally flow into all kinds of interesting areas.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on their website. About a month later I got an email from a recruiter, who set up a phone screen. Pretty simple conversation, just going over my resume and experience. Next interview I went in and talked to their lead recruiter. Very laid back conversation, again going over my experience and what I was looking for. They also talked about Slalom and their values.

Last round was three interviews in a row with the team I would be working with. These were conversational, going over my experience and how that would translate to the work I would do at Slalom. A few curveball questions here and there, but nothing too crazy.

After the interview, the recruiter told me they would have a decision in about a week. It would take them over a month to get back to me, with me emailing them in the interim but getting no response. By the time I heard back, I knew I didn't get the job, but would've at least liked to get a more timely response. They also didn't offer any constructive feedback when I asked for it. So overall, the interviews themselves were fine, but the aftermath was pretty off putting.

Interview Questions

• Go over your experience and how does that translate to the position.   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here. We appreciate the time and consideration you gave Slalom in the process. Timely communication and the ability to give our candidates... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Denver, CO).

Interview

The process itself is quite easy (introduction call, phone interview, panel interview). There are not any tricky questions, and everyone was friendly. The frustrating aspect of the process was the recruiter communications and logistics. It was typical for 10-15 business day lags in responses. The expectation would be set for immediate feedback, and it would require constant follow-up to get an answer by e-mail. This hurt my perception of the company's professionalism. A major improvement would be to shorten response times or to set realistic expectations for the communications.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. Timeliness in communication is extremely important to a positive candidate experience and we regret the... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quite seamless. The hiring team was very informative and accommodating, and each interviewer provided a different perspective and outlook on the role. It was an informal environment which allowed me to provide information on my experience but also gave me the time to learn a lot about the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• The questions were less formal and more conversational - which was enjoyable and more natural than most interviews tend to be.   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It's great to hear that you felt you had the right level of engagement and opportunity... More

Data Visualization and Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Slalom (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Data Visualization and Analytics Consultant position in Minneapolis, MN through Slalom's website. I received an email from the recruiter saying that there aren't any "pressing needs". Why would they post a job opening if there is no need for a BI Consultant?

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to leave a review here. You are correct that it is important our job postings accurately reflect our business needs. Your feedback is important and will help us in... More

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within about a week. All in all, I had four phone screens and two in-person interviews over the course of about 1.5-2 months.

I. Phone screens: this first phase took about four weeks and involved two conversations with the recruiting team and two conversations with prospective hiring managers (roughly one conversation per week). The phone screens were mostly focused on cultural fit and an assessment of soft skills such as external relationships, change management, agility, and speed of learning. During the phone screens, I was given ample time to explain my professional experiences, but we didn't go into as much detail as we did during the in-person interview process.

II. In-Person Interviews: the first in-person interview session lasted about 3 hours and included three meetings: one with the person I would potentially backfill; one with the hiring director; a third with another director on the strategy team. During this session, we went much deeper into the details of my professional background and I was asked to provide details about specific projects I worked on, challenges I faced, softwares I used, and successes I had. About a week afterward, I was invited back for a second in-person interview which included two meetings: one with the senior director for the team I had applied for, and a final meeting with the GM of the Boston office. The senior director delved deeper into my professional experiences and asked more specific questions about software and tech capabilities, while the GM spoke about the importance of the Slalom culture and the development of the Boston office over the last 5 years. No official consulting case during the in-person interview process, which I was somewhat surprised by (but no complaints!). The office was very nice; everyone I encountered was friendly and there seemed to be a genuine camaraderie from the short time I spent there.

I was very impressed with the speed and responsiveness of the recruiting team throughout the process. There was never a question of what the next steps were and I was always in the loop about whether things were going to move forward or not. Although the overall cycle was quite long (1.5-2 months), I felt that it was thorough and that the length of the process allowed all of the interviewers were able to get a clear sense of my professional background and goals - and I was able to get a good sense of the Slalom culture and what it would be like to work there. I felt that I was able to be myself throughout the interview process - it was more conversational than interrogative. Any questions I had about Slalom were answered throughout the process and I was impressed that the GM of the office made himself available to interview individual contributor/consultant candidates, even though the office is quite large at almost 200 headcount.

Interview Questions

• What is the driving factor behind your decision to switch from industry to consulting? What software packages have you used in prior roles? What concerns do you have about joining Slalom?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was divided into 2 sections 45 minutes each, first part is technical questions and second part is job related experience and a bit of technical background. Nothing special, there were two software engineers at both stages asking those questions. Any person with average knowledge of programming would answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Find duplicates in two arrays and show them in the output.   1 Answer
    • Modeling the database. I was given a case with building an app for school and asked to model the tables with all mappings and keys.   1 Answer
    • Previous experience at the company.   1 Answer
    • How can you satisfy the customer if they offer you not efficient way of building a software, but you know this is wrong and they keep insisting on it.   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Slalom and leave a review of your experience here. We value your feedback as it helps us with our efforts to continuously improve.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with 3 practice leads after two phone screens. Applied online and then a week later the recruiter called me, after that (and some work travel that delayed the interviews) - I spoke with the hiring manager. Then came two in persons - hiring manager and then area leader. Had final callback to meet with another practice lead who is closer to some of my former areas of experience (more as a skills check).

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my approach to problem solving and specific experiences. Very much a character interview.   1 Answer

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and detail the steps of your recruiting process with Slalom. We're happy to hear your experience was positive. Congrats on the offer and... More