Slalom Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very informal and more of a conversation. Meet all the leaders and very responsive during the interview process. They guide you through the process and you can negotiate your offer.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jun 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a quick review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear our goal of a positive candidate experience was met... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had a phone screening with a National recruiter, who reached out to me via LinkedIn. After our conversation, they put me in contact with a recruiter from the Slalom SoCal office. After that had a couple in person interviews, as well as a few phone interviews. Met with the MD for custom development/tech after those interviews, and had an offer extended. All in all, it was a pretty great experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on in the past. Various questions about C#/.NET. Various questions over Web App development.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied as a consultant in the Information Management & Analytics practice in late November 2017. The recruiter reached out in December and set up a phone screen. Although there were some initial scheduling mishaps, we were finally able to connect, and the 30-minute call turned into an hour conversation about my interests and long-term career goals. I really connected with the recruiter and after hearing more about Slalom, I was even more interested in the position.

A week later, the recruiter notified me that I would not be moving forward in the process. They needed someone with consulting experience.

Fast forward to January 2018. I was thinking about accepting an offer from another firm when the same Slalom recruiter reached out to me out of the blue and asked if I would be interested in an Analyst role. Although other offices have previously hired analysts, the Los Angeles office had never hired analysts before.

Although I thought that the analyst position would be more of a lateral move, I was really interested in Slalom. A week later I had a technical screen with a Solution Architect. This interview focused on my technical background, namely Tableau. After the technical screen, I was asked to complete a Tableau dashboard in 48 hours. After that was completed, I was invited to an in-person interview at the office.
    I interviewed with the Consulting Manager (my future People Manager) and the Practice Area Director. I really liked all four of the people I spoke to and knew that Slalom would be a great fit for me. Within a week, I had received and accepted the offer.

TLDR: Applied as a consultant. Ended up being hired as an analyst. Although a lengthy process, everything was very organized and I loved both the people and the company.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 1, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed account of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We appreciate your patience with the lengthy process - it is great to see that everything came... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I sent in my resume through the website and got in touch immediatley with recruiters and even some of the leadership team down in Los Angeles. The interviews consisted of meeting with someone to see if there was a good cultural fit and another to review skills. Culture is obviously very important at this company, and the people were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you have had in the past, and what skills have you learned from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a very fair offer after volunteering an offer I received from one of the Big Four. They have a very unique compensation model which was one of the reasons I ended up working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Extremely long interview process. I had interviews with 6 separate folks in the Los Angeles office ranging from recruiting staff to Managing Directors and after all the time invested by Slalom and myself, the company decided not to hire me! My understanding of why they decided not to progress with me was that my experience was only on large client engagements.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle transitions e.g. between teams, phases, projects, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal, but in a really comforting way. Slalom seeks out qualified candidates that can immediately jump into work and support the clients, so significant time is invested up front by recruiters to make sure you are the right match before interviewing begins. Once you begin talking to recruiters, it is very informal and casual, which is nice for those that want to get a strong impression of the type of people they will be working with, supporting, and supporting them in their career. Attitudes are very positive, trusting, and open about the work environment you are considering, and you are made to feel a part of the team very early on. Although it may be unclear where you stand in the process, recruiters are very open and connecting with you often along the way to keep you informed. In all, initial contact to offer letter is approximately 4-6 weeks. This includes a couple phone screenings by HR, 2-3 phone interviews with leaders in that office, and an office visit to meet people and discuss real-world scenarios to see how you fit in.

Interview Questions

• I have a client that is dealing with X problem, how would you resolve it?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I sent over a message with my interest in sales role on LinkedIn and was almost immediately directed to the talent acquisition team. The Director of Talent Acquisition scheduled a call (30 mins) and articulated the role very well. The entire process for extremely transparent and took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 2, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We're happy to hear the process was efficient and transparent and resulted in your acceptance of our... More

Information Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and informal interview process. Wasn’t your typical structure of Q&A interview questions, more of a general conversation.

The entire of demeanor of the (LA) office was very professional and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of data & analytics do you see yourself in within Slalom?   Answer Question

Jul 1, 2018 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback. We're happy to see you found the LA team professional and welcoming, and that your overall experience was positive . We sure hope that has... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Basic interview questions.
    Post interview response was very poor, multiple follow-ups with no response.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring process is a false positive experience. It took over 8 weeks to schedule out multiple interviews. The experience felt positive but it truly keeps you on the edge. Interview call, 1:1, and a hand full of interviews over a week or three periods per each interviewee. They all spoke about their company structure and review it with the potential candidate. .

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your most challenging projects? Why was it challenging and how did you pull the project through it?

Tell me about a time when you encountered a serious conflict and how you dealt with it.
      Tell me about a failure and what you learned from it.   Answer Question