Slalom Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Slalom Project Manager Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring process is a false positive experience. It took over 8 weeks to schedule out multiple interviews. The experience felt positive but it truly keeps you on the edge. Interview call, 1:1, and a hand full of interviews over a week or three periods per each interviewee. They all spoke about their company structure and review it with the potential candidate. .

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your most challenging projects? Why was it challenging and how did you pull the project through it?

Tell me about a time when you encountered a serious conflict and how you dealt with it.
    Tell me about a failure and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Slalom

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter to get a sense of my experience and interests, and how they could fit in their organization. Then a phone interview with a Practice Area Director to further evaluate my experience for the Project Manager role, and fit for current needs.

Very professional, relaxed, intentional process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable leading multiple client teams on your own?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom in August 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter, after which I was called in to their Palo alto office for 4 in-person interviews. The questions were all case based questions . The recruiter then called me and said they loved me and would want me to meet the head of 2 different service lines (both I wasn't interviewing with) and then they could present an offer. He also said he is getting that ready. On the day of the 2nd round of interviews they call me to reschedule the 1st person such that there is a 1 hour gap between the 2 interviews. After both the interviews, the recruiter comes and says "I am sorry, we don't have the capacity to hire more this year, maybe next year"

Homework on if u can hire should be done before you waste people's time in 2 in person interviews. On the morning of the 2nd interview he should have the courtesy to tell me instead of wasting my whole day.

Even though they claim it's a consulting firm, more of a contracting place

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed directly with the client regarding a specific contract/project. Just prior to meeting the client, I was briefed by the account manager who also joined the interview. The interview consisted of an overview of the project, review of job responsibilities and a couple questions about myself. 15 minutes into the interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked many questions. This was my biggest surprise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I was hired on contract, I asked for a higher rate and was able to get a slight increase. It never hurts to ask but always be polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Basic interview questions.
    Post interview response was very poor, multiple follow-ups with no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a VP to see if I was interested, had a 1:1 interview with him, and was then invited in for a group interview with a director and a couple managers. I decided after the group interview that I wasn't interested, and they didn't contact me again.

My 1:1 interview with the VP was great, and I left really excited by the opportunity. We talked about a lot of different areas of work I could contribute to, and he had some great visual aids to show what their culture and work processes were like.

The group interview was a different story. It was like I was talking to "Stepford" people. It was clear that if you were going to fit in there, you were going to have to look a certain way, talk a certain way, and have a certain attitude about customers. I talked to a Director and a couple project managers. It was clear that none of them had prepared for the interview, and I just got a bunch of generic questions. The questions were designed to figure out whether I would fit in to their culture and way of thinking, not whether I could do great work for their customers. If you give an answer to a question that's anything out of the ordinary from what they expect or have heard before, you'll get strange, confused looks.

Slalom gets great reviews as a place to work, and it might be, if you just want to do generic consulting. I didn't get the picture that this company stood for anything more than billing hours to customers. I didn't see any evidence of a culture of innovation or passion for customer success. They talk a lot about being "great consultants", but from what I could tell, being a great consultant meant looking and acting the part, and doing nothing that the customer doesn't explicitly ask for or expect. If you're looking for innovation, personal growth, or a job where you can delight customers with extraordinary work, I would look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you ever worked on, and how did you manage the difficulties?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Slalom in August 2011.

Interview

The interview started at a local Starbucks. Received a subsequent call for interviews in the Office.