Slalom Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.9

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

At first contact with Slalom the recruiter was great he was friendly and easy to talk to. After meeting with the recruiter I was scheduled for a technical phone screen. The phone screening was also an enjoyable experience, the senior engineer that was conducting the screen was very friendly, clear, and easy to understand. Afterwards I was asked to wait a few weeks for an on-site interview while they get things setup on their end. I was contacted by another recruiter, she was very helpful and quick to respond when it came to communication/details.

When the on-site interview was scheduled it was outline very specifically. I spent the week preparing based on the given template and compiled notes from everyone I talked to. When I arrived on-site the two interviewers were nice. I was told they would be easy to talk to and understand. The interview didn't go as expected, aside from the first question that I was asked. The second person involved in the interview was very friendly, but her English was very hard to understand and the question was not clear. It was very obvious to me that the two were not given the same information I was. The first interviewer kept looking at his watch, and seemed to just want to rush through and get it over with, and give it off the feel that he wasn't paying attention at times.

I imagine the on-site process was properly designed, but it was very poorly executed. I understand a lot of it had to do with not being a good match for them on the technical level based on the interview but the interview itself wasn't a good assessment of somebodies technical understanding. The feedback received made it very obvious to me that the interviewer didn't care to put much thought or effort into the interview. I was told to work on skills, and techniques that weren't mentioned or facilitated during the interview.

Things could have went a lot smoother if the communication among the leadership was a bit more defined internally. I debated giving it a positive review because it was a good experience overall, and provides a lesson in always being prepared and ready for anything.

Interview Questions

• Add two strings together written out as an integer.
      Ex "12" + "5" return "17"   Answer Question

Sep 5, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the interview process. While it is good to see you note that you felt the experience was positive overall, it is also clear... More

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview by recruiter, followed by coffee with a practice lead, then a 3-hour in-person interview with team members, then a final interview with top manager. Almost a 3 month process from initial inquiry to final interview.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 17, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for sharing the details of your recruiting experience with Slalom. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us and consider employment with Slalom.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

At the beginning, Slalom was very welcoming. The designers, practice lead and recruiter were fantastic. They tried everything to be accommodating, be first class and spoke very highly of the workplace, the flexibly to gain experience, on-boarding process, etc. I was very excited. The problem was on the 4th and final round with the director. It was a terrible experience. To me, he spoke and gave the impression that he was better.

My advice for Slalom for improvement is to get everyone on the same page when interviewing candidates. This way the tone and representation of the organization is cohesive. Everyone was welcoming and understanding that I was coming from a start-up environment where processes were very agile and loose. The director didn't seem to care. He was looking for that "perfect candidate".

3 out of 4 people who engaged with me, understood my current experience level and was perfectly fine with that and assured it can be gained with experience. I felt that unless I presented with his same director level of experience, I had no chance. There was no connection. There is no value in a workplace that raves about career expansion and amazing work experience if the director isn't on the same page as the team.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 14, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. We agree it is very important for everyone to be on the same page and for that to be well reflected in our... More

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with 3 people, I was notified the day of that one of them wouldn't be available and was rescheduled. I went to the rescheduled appointment, and only one person was available. After the initial interview I attempted to maintain contact with the Recruiting Rep to schedule the additional interviews or to not move forward. I never heard back. Incredible unprofessional and scattered.

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We're sorry to hear of your negative experience with Slalom's recruiting process. We appreciate the time and consideration you gave to interviewing with us and we could have done better by you from... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was a skype interview which is a general HR screening process, and the NExt step was an over the phone technical screening interview. It was fairly informal, as a way to get to know the candidate, but should be treated as a serious interview

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question

Jun 7, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience with Slalom in the recruiting process. Your feedback has been noted and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very fluid. I had a coffee meeting with the hiring manager, followed by an interview loop with prospective team members. The final meeting was with another set of managers. While it took a few weeks to get all the meetings scheduled, the process moved fairly fluid throughout.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Jul 19, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking a minute to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. We certainly strive to make the process as fluid as possible. While it can take some time to align... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position from an internal employee. I was contacted the next day by a recruiter to set up a coffee meeting. After meeting with the recruiter, I had a 30 minute in-person interview with a member of the team I would be joining. The final round of interviews was with my would-be manager and two members of the leadership team. The whole process took 3 weeks. The communication was great with the recruiting team and I had all the information I needed along the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the requirements of a project shifted and how you managed the change.   Answer Question

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking some time to leave a review of your experience interviewing with Slalom. As we strive to give all candidates a positive experience, we're so pleased to hear you felt well... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

They get very good review that it is a great company to work for but with my experience I am not really sure about that. I got contacted to have phone interview with talent hr manager. I scheduled the phone interview 4 business days in advance and I got confirmation email and everything. One hour before the interview, she sent me an email asking if we can reschedule to Monday. I didn't see the email until the interview time and she didn't call me to tell me that she canceled it. I thought ok, that is fine because emergency happens so I sent an email saying it was ok and rescheduled on Monday. Again, I got confirmation email and everything. No one called me on Monday. I started to think that this is so unprofessional and how one employee behaves can tell a lot about the company. I decided to try one more time, reschedule to Wednesday. Got confirmation again, 11:30 was the time. Nothing, I sent email and she sent it back at 12:00 to apologize because she was in the meeting??? If your automate scheduling system works really poorly, just do it manual send normal email like other company. We finally got to the interview part. After talking for awhile, she mentioned that she has to talk to the team first because they need someone with more senior level. I read the qualifications they posted before I applied because I don't want to waste my time either. Just decide on what you want before you post it then, so that you don't waste other people's time. Very unprofessional. Unbelievable. I will never choose to be their customer ever.

Interview Questions

Slalom Response

Mar 12, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. It is our goal that all candidates have a stellar experience, regardless of the outcome... More

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step was a phone screen with a senior technical lead within the QA department. The phone screen was cordial and included time for me to ask questions and learn about the department I'd be working in. Then the screener asked me to summarize my skill and experience on a long list of QA topics. Then I was brought in to interview with 5 different people over the course of 3 visits. They were very straight forward and honest throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you automate the testing of a standard 3-Tier web application?   Answer Question
    • How would you test a web application that allows users to edit records?   Answer Question
    • What are three things your previous boss would say about you?   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience in the recruiting process with Slalom. Honest and straightforward communication is of the utmost importance to us; we're pleased to hear this was... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about a travel position, but was not interested in traveling. The recruiting team at Slalom was fantastic though, and when I said I would be willing to talk to local teams if positions were available, they quickly transferred me to the right people and set something up. From there I went through a series of informal chats (2) followed by an afternoon of formal interviews (3) and then a follow-up afternoon of chats that seemed somewhere in-between formal and informal (2, they were with more senior folks). Overall the process was a bit drawn out, but that fit my schedule perfectly and I know it was due to other reasonable factors as well (holidays, the local team wasn't necessarily looking for someone actively at that time). The interviews were laid back, fun, and overall pretty easy, though I think that was mostly due to the role being a really good fit for me (I was already doing a lot of the same things at another company). Overall great experience and looking forward to working at Slalom!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a conversation with a client who has a limited budget, but is interested in the Experience Marketing features that Sitecore offers and wants to try them out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you handle conflict with a client on a project.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2017 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your interview experience with Slalom. We're so pleased to hear that overall you had a positive experience in the recruiting process. While there... More