Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Professional Interview Questions

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on Indeed, after application process was contacted by a recruiter about a week after, asked basic questions and go over the position you apply for and ask if you want to proceed. Then go to step 2, which is interview with the store manager, standard questions why I'd be a good fit and work history, then step 3 interviewed with the General area manager and asked how you handle situations and make sure you have an attitude they are looking for. Then shortly received email for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you handled a difficult situation or customer.   Answer Question

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Sep 12, 2016 – Sr. Mgr - Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on joining the Sleep Number team! Our sleep professionals have a great opportunity to make a major impact on our customer's lives, and we're thrilled to have you in our stores. Thank... More

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

A typical sales interview. Using quantitative examples of how you thrived at your last job will go a long way. It is a 3 round process; phone, store manager, district manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind making phone calls on Sunday?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations. hourly plus commission.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my résumé on a Friday, and I was contacted by a home office recruiter the following Tuesday. I had a phone interview with her that Thursday. I was in a store the next day (Friday) to interview with a store manager, and that Sunday, his District Manager interviewed me. I had a decision the next day. All three people I talked to were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

In my interview with the store manager, we role played and I was asked to do a Sleep Number Bed demonstration to the best of my ability.

My interview with the District Manager felt more laid back than I expected it to be, because she was so friendly and down to earth.

The day after my third interview, I was contacted be the Home Office with an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were upfront about compensation from my first phone interview, and I was satisfied with that. So, there wasn't really any conversation about that when they made me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Met in public, talked about benefits, product and pay. Talked about the commission structure and the amount of money you supposedly will make with the easy sales process. A lot of open ended questions to guage the prospective employees skill and expertise.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

Very detailed and informative. One of the best interviews I've ever had. Both the store manager and the district manager were present but, I got the impression that was more of a coincidence than the norm. They were very straight forward, honest about their expectations yet managed to keep the flow conversational and relaxed. Even with the District Manager present, I never felt intimidated nor overwhelmed in any measure. I could see where that approach may not be right for some but, it was absolutely perfect for me!

Interview Questions

• Q: Give us an example of how you approached a difficult situation and turned it around at a previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Phoneton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

professional. very thorough. well done. not pushy at all. one of the best interviews ive ever had. Left me with a very positive approach to the company. The HR person had a great personality.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was via Skype with the district manager and was positive. The information on salary/commission was fair but a little on the high side. Overall the interview process was positive and professional. There really isn't anything that I would complain about our change about their interview and selection process. The expectations set were pretty much accurate, although the salary/commission was padded a bit.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Portage, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

First will be a phone interview with an HR Professional from corporate headquarters out of Minneapolis, MN. This individual will ask basic questions to see if you qualify for the position. All of the 14 Sleep Number stores in Michigan require that their Sales Representatives work full time, so if you are looking for part time you need to look elsewhere.

Next will be an interview at the store with the Store Manager and the Multi Store Leader (MSL). Interviews are very general and past sales is not a requirement. Simply show that you are ambitious, ready, willing and able to join the sales team. Be honest with your answers during the interview and make sure the position is a good match for you as well.

Be sure to dress for the interview. I visited the mall and looked in the store from a distance. Then I dressed to mirror the sales staff for the interview. This helps them picture you as a Sales Professional at their store.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than all of the other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything is set in stone for the new hire Sales Professional as far as wages. In order to make more money you have to get commissioned ASAP. So study the 5 step sales process and test out on it. Then you can get out on the sales floor and sell! (Most new hires are commissioned after 3 to 4 weeks into the job).

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

store manager, in foodcourt one on one. it was a good interview now they use the crap people answers and all that garbage. I hate how these companies screen you now a days. its ridiculous. My manager was old school, that was awesome, now you must pass 100 things to get a job selling mattress, its insane. But i had a great manager

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is really simple and seems to be based on the hiring manager's gut instinct than anything else. They want to see that you can be relaxed and interact well with others. I interviewed with the store manager and then the market manager. The entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is your biggest challenge in a sales position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on hourly rate or commission - its a standard rate across the country (I'm 99% sure of this) except in NYC and CA.