Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

Had a phone interview with someone from corporate. Questions asked were mainly about previous positions and sales. Also, what I was looking for in a company, what I knew about the company, and told me the expected salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Denver, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview for the sales rep position was very relaxed, and the interviewer did have scripted questionsthat were asked - example - Tell me about a time when you had to get creative to make a sale, how do you handle stress, tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, co-worker, boss, tell me your greatest strengths and weaknesses, how comfortable are you with opening or closing a store by yourself, etc. Store manager and a partner store manager were both present - interviews were done 1:1, one at a time. District manager interview was scheduled the following day.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change one thing about yourself in order to be more successful, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If you were training an associate who was new to the position that was having difficulty "getting it" and they continued to make the same mistakes over and over again, how would you handle it? What would your course of action be?   Answer Question

Position was "temporary" and the commute ws too far to justify for temp employment

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2008.

Interview

process can take many weeks. apply online and take test. be contacted by corporate and take personality test. be interviewed by field manager. 2nd and possibly third interview. background check.

Interview Questions

• if you are applying as sales rep, do not answer questions in too much of a "leadership" mode   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2007.

Interview

Standard S.T.A.R questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result) "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer"

When you apply, there is a diagnostic. Then a call from the Store Manager, with basic questions asking why you would want to join the company. One-on-one with the SM, then a 2nd interview with DM. SM asks you S.T.A.R questions, DM's interview is fairly conversational, regarding previous job experiences. Easy interview process, presentation is not required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you did not like? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

Phone interview. Basically starts with a very brief overview of what they do (sell Sleep Number beds). Then asks a series of questions such as have you sold before, are you ok with commission, etc. Then they ask you if you are ok with working nights and weekends or if your ok making $9 per hour. Don't answer with 'potentially' or they won't move forward with you. I answered that I would potentially be ok with working weekends (haven't in 12 years), the interviewer got a little sketchy with me. My explanation was that I am accustomed to working 9-5 M-F and earning over $50K, so to say potentially prior to knowing any specifics of the job shouldn't merit such a one sided response.

Interview Questions

• Instead of interviewing me, I was asked yes/no questions.   1 Answer