Sleep Number by Select Comfort Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was with human resources. Second interview was with the regional manager. One short face-time interview. Third interview was with the district manager. Interview consisted of the standard questions regarding qualifications and experience. Overall a very good experience which included a store visit and review of the sales process.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when a co-worker gave you constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Sr. Mgr - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time to leave us some feedback around your recent interview experience - and congratulations on joining the Sleep Number team as a Store Manager! I'm glad to see you were able to... More

Other Interview Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Grand Forks, ND) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview via phone or facetime with Talent acquisition team first for about thirty minutes, district manager for about one hour, and then Regional VP for about twenty to thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• How will you specifically drive sales what motivates you?   1 Answer

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

May 30, 2017 – Sr. Mgr - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for spending some time recapping your interview experience - and congratulations on joining the team as a Store Manager! Glad to hear you were able to leverage Facetime for your interview... More

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions. Interviews are lengthy. Research the products or sales process in the store before you interview as they ask a lot about what you know in all interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you support a member of your team into a promotion. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 part 1 from local store manager, 1 part from District Manager, 1 part or 2 people from Cooperate in Minnesota. 100 question test. Little nerve racking. Questions were very straight forward. I wrote my accolades, time frames etc. So I would have a starting point, if I was nervous. Have a note pad to write anything they say down. You never know when your nerves could get the best of you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time in your past job that you had a problem with someone, and had correct them. What did you do, and what were the results.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After my initial interview with her, I had to interview with 2 different district managers, one in person one by telephone, one telephone interviews with two woman from the corporate office and one interview with the regional vice president. All asking the same questions in a different way. I was unsure if they were looking for me to answer the same or different than I did before. With the amount of interviews you would think you are applying for a more more important position making much more money.

Interview Questions

• Every person I interviewed with asked me the same question, "What can I do to increase business in the store?" "When was there a time when I had a difficult situation with a co-worker and how did I handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call from a recruiter (this was the best part, the HR dept. understands talent very well),1.5 hour initial interview with SM, and then a 30 minute interview with DM. Initially I was recruited to manage, but since the position that I was recruited for was way out of my driving I accepted to listen to their offer to start as sales. Everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly. In the end I declined the salesperson role since I felt I have more value to a company as a leader. Only part I didn't like about the process is when I was offered the position I told them I would need about 4-5 days to decide, and I would understand if they couldn't wait. The response I got from the hiring manager was almost like he was trying to overcome a sales objection, for example "why wait, you like the job, just take it". I take my work seriously, when that approach was taken I was reminded as to why I cannot settle for less than a role in leadership.

Interview Questions

• How important health and wellness was to me.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

I applied online. Was emailed back quickly and asked to interview via phone interview. They didn't call me during the time frame. I emailed back. She appolzied and a new time was given. Never called me. Now two weeks later she emailed me asking if I was still interested. I spoke to her aa few days later and she told me that the job was a small base salary and then commission. And sometimes I would work a lot of hours. I said I wasn't interested since I currently make alittle bit more then what she said I would be making at the store. She seemed upset then started to ask if I knew of other people that she could contact. Unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work for their company with my experience I could do something different.   Answer Question

Unprofessional

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Don't tell you everything you need to know. You are salary when it comes to working extra but if you need to take time off for something you have to use you vacation time. If you work 60 one week and the next week you need a day off to tend to a sick child or some other matter you have to use 8 hrs of vacation time.

Interview Questions

• None. There method of hiring is shameful.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Interview

The hiring process is long, the interview questions are your typical run of the mill questions. Anyway, first, a person from H.R. gives you a call and asks when they can call you to have an interview. If you pass the first round you move on to the D.M. and they ask you their questions; if you do get to meet with the D.M. they tell you about the company and ask some questions from a "script".

Interview Questions

To me this is not really a management position, it seems more like you would be filling a position that the D.M. or higher ups can put some pressure on and then you distribute that pressure to the rest of the team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Number by Select Comfort (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Several step, assessment, phone interview, district manager interview and HR. A long interview but I am sure it varies on the interviewer. Defiantly go prepared with company background information