Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sleep Train Mattress Centers

2.7

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Kent, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got an phone interview, right there they said you maid it to the next interview at our headquarters. We will send an email to you with all the information. Came in for final interview, waited a few minuets in the lobby, went to conferance office for the interview and had one District manager for the first part then a second District manager for the second part. Asked questions and after everything was offered the Job on the spot if I pass the drug test. Did a drug test right there and then and started working couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not negotiation phase. Its sales, you other sell or you dont. If you dont you get fired.

Store Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview

3 interviews, and an amazing training department

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your most difficult team building experience. How did you improve the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1 Phone Interview, 2 in Person Interviews

Interview Questions

• "Why should you buy a pencil over a pen? Sell the pencil to me" (Testing your sales skills)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Riverside, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was a phone interview, which went well.

Was invited to a 1 on 1 interview, 60 miles away for a retail store in my city, it went well also.

Then was invited to another 3rd interview with an area manager, again 60 miles away, it seemed to go well, but no offer of a job, but was told they would be calling.

I never received a job offer, but I was emailed a one line response that I was not the one chosen, rather insulting considering the time and effort that went into this process.

I do consider myself fortunate, this company seems to have a very difficult time with turnover, fresh job postings every month,

so thank you Sleep Train for not hiring me, it was your loss, not mine.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, rather unimaginative and amateurish   1 Answer

Sleep Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Portland, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

Recruiter called me for the interview and asked me to sell him a pen, also about my previous job experiences and called me the next day for a drug test and therefore i was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no, they have a base of 15 dollars min. and commision

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

It took about 2-3 weeks to receive a phone call for an interview. When you come in they have you do a quick questioner before your interview. Interview was pretty basic nothing that was really surprising at all.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Basic interview questions and personality questions.
    Questions about prior employment. Work history gaps. Ability to work scheduling requirements.
    Pretty much a typical interview, no trick questions.
    Some retail scenario questions.
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

they prefer no experiance so they can retrain you there way. dont go in stuck up thinking you can sell even if you can. go in humble willing to learn,

Interview Questions

• are you willing to commute. (you could be put in a store as far as 50 miles of your home or maybe further)   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, its 12 an hr or comission

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was asked in to a pretty standard interview set up. I was given a pre-test asking me to rank various attributes by their importance to me. Some basic math questions and short written answers.

Interview Questions

• List 3 qualities I would like in a manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

Several step interview process to make sure I was a qualified applicant. It showed me the company cares about who they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interview questions, nothing random or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question