Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Chico, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a day I got an email back from a talent acquisition specialist and we set up an interview to have with her a few days later. I interviewed with her over the phone for about 30 minutes. She then told me that she thought I was well qualified and scheduled an in person interview with the district manager. Had the in person with district manager for about an hour. He got back to me same day and informed me that I received a job and gave me information I needed for training 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• "I work at an accounting firm and need new pencils for the office. I walk into your pen only store looking for pencils. Sell me a pen."   1 Answer

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Fresno, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

very easy, good questions with good feedback, was hired on the spot during interview, the manager told me he had decided to hire me about halfway through the interview I had no sales experience but was open and honest during the interview and the manager was impressed and very easy to talk to

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Bellevue, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was great, very promising but they asked me to drive over 100 miles to Bellevue for the second interview on my own dime. I went anyway and the interview lasted 45 minutes, I got a call back in three hours asking if I could come back down again only for a drug screening. I asked if there was anyplace closer and they said no so I drove the next day another 100+ miles for a swab test that took 15 minutes and drove back.

Interview Questions

• General sales experience, willingness to do what is necessary to move up in a company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick and decisive. Got job offer that same hour. above all ask a lot of questions. This is what they are looking for. Visit a store before you go in and speak to other current employees about their experience. Review website to know a little about the company before you go in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a commision based job. The entire job is based on your performance.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview to make sure you're willing to work the long hours and to weed out complete idiots, then a first interview at the San Leandro HQ, then a final interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. While you're waiting for your interview they seat you in this little corner with a TV playing some company values video.

Interview Questions

• You know, the whole "sell me this pen" thing. That was my first time getting the question in an interview. I didn't think I nailed it, but I got the job   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation from what I could tell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Stockton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was different. They ask you about the yourself, your values, your previous experience and training. Then they let you know they are gonna start over the training you receive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Sacramento, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview where we all sat around a table, were asked questions about why we'd be best suited for the position. Had opportunity to ask questions about position. I was called back for a second one on one interview where I was asked to give a sales pitch on a random item.

Assistant Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online was called for a phone pre-interview. After answering general questions I was asked to come in for an interview within a couple of days. Went in to interview, was like most interviews, two people asked me a bunch of what-if questions. After receiving my quick and thoughtful answers, they said they would contact me in a couple days to say if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• If your manager was nowhere to be found, what would you do about a certain situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Applied on line and received a call an hour later. The man was very informative of all duties and benefits of job, however position open was local and would have to drive 2 hrs away to have an in person interview. I was quite upset they couldn't send a recruiter to the area they wanted a sales associate and once hired then would be willing to travel the 2 hrs for the 4 week training, so I declined the chance to interview.

Interview Questions

• Having to drive 2 hours away from where job was offered!   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

It took about 2-3 weeks to receive a phone call for an interview. When you come in they have you do a quick questioner before your interview. Interview was pretty basic nothing that was really surprising at all.