Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sleep Train Mattress Centers Interview Questions

Interviews at Sleep Train Mattress Centers

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Interview

Once I applied online for the position, I was called a few weeks later. A phone interview was conducted, then I was invited for a second interview at the training center for the district. I was asked a few questions, then I was called a few days later and told that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• "How would you sell me this pencil or pen?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

First you sit down with either the Store Leader, or the Hiring District Managers. Easy open interview, then you are either offered the job or moved to second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

Applied on line and received a call an hour later. The man was very informative of all duties and benefits of job, however position open was local and would have to drive 2 hrs away to have an in person interview. I was quite upset they couldn't send a recruiter to the area they wanted a sales associate and once hired then would be willing to travel the 2 hrs for the 4 week training, so I declined the chance to interview.

Interview Questions

• Having to drive 2 hours away from where job was offered!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA).

Interview

3 Step Interview Process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Kent, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Long, drawn out exhausting experience that seems to never end. Who can make a decision here? They interview from a sheet of canned questions that are often inane and have little real life meaning. How would you change the world. Its a mattress for goodness sake! I left there knowing I did not want to be a part of this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell a pencil to someone who only wants a pen? What? How do you pound a circle into a square peg? Do you sell customers what they dont want?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Great

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (San Leandro, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, with two 1 on 1o interviews.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Kent, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

There was a three part interview with three different hiring staff. 2 were company trainers, the 3rd was a district manager. Each interview took about an hour. I had all three in one day, but I'm told those who don't do well in the first may take a week to get through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• "I'm a firm believer in pens, how would you sell me a pencil?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just an offer of yes or no.

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sleep Train Mattress Centers (Kent, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview, called me in for an in person. basic personality questions. Got called in for a final interview a week later, asked more in depth adn situational questions. Offered the job less than a week later

Interview Questions

• having to on the spot sell a pencil to a buyer who is set on a pen :)   1 Answer

Negotiation

they offered, I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview to make sure you're willing to work the long hours and to weed out complete idiots, then a first interview at the San Leandro HQ, then a final interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. While you're waiting for your interview they seat you in this little corner with a TV playing some company values video.

Interview Questions

• You know, the whole "sell me this pen" thing. That was my first time getting the question in an interview. I didn't think I nailed it, but I got the job   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation from what I could tell.